Schefter according to sources "the situation in Tennessee currently is not settled"

6 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Vrabel is incredibly stubborn but he isn't blind he knows another failed season in Nashville in 2024 and his reputation might be damaged enough he doesn't get another job to walk into during the 2025 hiring cycle.

Hmm haven't really thought about this angle. He was a shit DC. If he bottoms out next year as a HC that may be all she wrote. If we lose tomorrow that's 5-19. If we lose 6 of 8 to start the year he's in historical categories for losing. 

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mike Vrabel's entire reputation is a sham. He was labeled Bill Belichich before he ever coached a single down.   I posted at the time of the introductory press conference how cringey it was.

Now this is interesting   If Vrabel ain’t happy he is more than welcome to leave

I give more credibility to Schefter than the puff pieces by Russini and T. Walker.

6 hours ago, rns90 said:

If she senses there's a market for him, then she doesn't need to fire him. I think our perception of him vs NFL teams is far different.  If he actually wants to stay here, he has fire some assistants though.

It needs to be hashed out quickly. If they can't trade him then they need to fire him. They fired Mularkey after winning a playoff game lol. We got embarrassed in NE against Brady, but still he got us there with Mariota. Vrabel just got a 30 million dollar QB injured 2 seasons in a row and the team has collapsed. It's a complete double standard and hypocrisy if she keeps him.

1 minute ago, Callidus said:

Uhhh, this is the NFL not Kinkos... You do a good job at mid level management and you immediately get a better job somewhere else. 

But sure be mad because he hasn't found a young Monty kiffen with no aspersions of being a head coach to be able to count on for 20 years.

Steve Spagnuolo wishes it were so.  There's teams with stability but not the Titans.

The problem though, isn't that people leave.  It's that Vrabel apparently needs veteran coaches and veteran players who already know how to do their jobs before they get to Tennessee. Who has he developed?

2 minutes ago, pat said:

Steve Spagnuolo wishes it were so.  There's teams with stability but not the Titans.

The problem though, isn't that people leave.  It's that Vrabel apparently needs veteran coaches and veteran players who already know how to do their jobs before they get to Tennessee. Who has he developed?

There will always be exceptions to the rule. 

I'm not defending vrable. I'm just talking about how the league works in general. 

4 hours ago, titanskick8851 said:

You left one off

2019 - blew 10 point lead vs Chiefs in AFC championship game

Nah, that was a great season that exceeded expectations. They were overmatched.

Edited by oldschool

2 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I honestly believe IF Vrabel is not the Titans HC in 2024 its because he has looked at the landscape around him and realizes if he doesn't jump this offseason the damage to his reputation of another losing season next year would crater his chances of getting another HC gig next offseason.

I have no idea what happens over the next few weeks but now feels like a good time for AAS to reboot this franchise and bring in some new blood to oversee this rebuild.

This is spot on

14 minutes ago, ctm said:

If that is the case then the supposed conflict with Carthon is the cover story he's selling to the rest of the league.

Both can be true. He reportedly wants total control. He knows his leverage goes down with more bad seasons. In Vrabel's defense he's smart for making a power play now

20 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Both can be true. He reportedly wants total control. He knows his leverage goes down with more bad seasons. In Vrabel's defense he's smart for making a power play now

... assuming he gets another job.

Just now, ctm said:

... assuming he gets another job.

If he is available he'll easily get another job. Teams would fight for him. Whether it's warranted is another argument. I think he's one of the most overrated figures in the league.