Titans 2023 Training Camp Discussion

23 minutes ago, japan said:

Levis certainly got more glowing reviews during camp than Willis did (excluding Radio...)  Especially in the redzone offense...

Levis was starting to pull away but never quite did, then he didn't really stand out in limited preseason action and got hurt. 

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Someone else spelled this out before   AAS - Strunk AA-S - Azeez ASS - Dennis Daley

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Levis was starting to pull away but never quite did, then he didn't really stand out in limited preseason action and got hurt. 

I felt he pulled away in camp, at least from reading the reports.  He was up and down in the preseason game but looked like way more of an NFL qb in my eyes than did Willis.  Then he got injured.

4 minutes ago, japan said:

I felt he pulled away in camp, at least from reading the reports.  He was up and down in the preseason game but looked like way more of an NFL qb in my eyes than did Willis.  Then he got injured.

Don't really want to rehash but we disagree. Either way. It was clearly a close battle. If it wasn't even close we'd likely know who the two was well before now. 

I don't think it really matters honestly. If RT is out for whatever reason, we are not in good enough shape to contend with either Levis or Willis. Obviously, it would be worrying for Levis' future if it wasn't him, but at the end of the day, the odds are against any QB picked in the 2nd round in terms of becoming a long term starter. 

While I think it is fair to say that the situation has been mismanaged from a capital perspective (we spent an early 2nd on a player who - in an ideal world - won't play a down when we could have drafted a player who'd be our 2nd be OLineman), we ultimately won't lose out on too much if we decide to move on from Levis and Willis (2 thirds and a second total in capital). We have a lot of flexibility next offseason which is good because there are a lot of factors to consider: how does RT look this year, how did Levis/Willis look in practice/games, where are we picking, is our roster ready to compete (i.e. how did the OLine and pass catchers develop), etc.

While I personally don't think Willis or Levis are the answer for a variety of reasons, the team is well set up in that they are not reliant on Willis or Levis becoming starters, but they are ready to plug them in if that becomes the case. 

18 minutes ago, japan said:

I feel confident that it wouldn't have been close if Levis didn't get injured.  And I'm not saying that Levis is on his way at all.  Accuracy issues and all.  But Willis is not capable of being a pro backup.  

Certainly possible. We'll never know.

If/when Tannehill goes down and because Vrabel's backup "battle" was fucked up - and that he's a player's coach and likes battles to be won with actual playing -  it's possible there may be some sort of almost ceremonial attempt to let Willis have a shot but with an extremely short leash if the season is on the line.

I feel pretty confident that Levis could come in and look as decent as Dobbs with more big play ability.

3 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Is that your opinion?

Regardless of the fatuous reply, no not really.  It was a response to your definitive statement about Levis.  It's your opinion that Levis would take over but that's based on, what, exactly, other than your hypothetical guess?

10 hours ago, Justafan said:

My guess: The organization would look outside for help at QB if Tannehill went down for more than a handful of games.  

That would be absolutely retarded. Malik is in his second year and one of Levis best drafts traits was him being pro ready and him being able to throw in tight holes and under pressure.