QAnon as Popular as Some Major Religions in the United States.

Number9

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This would not be a problem if the US had a proportional voting system, but with the two party system from winner-take-all district and state voting, this small group controls one of the two political

"Can you believe it. Many people don't believe it frankly-- yet here I am. *shows hand wounds*. Here I am. Two days! And I spent a day of it in hell and let me tell you that Beelzebub? Raw deal.

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, 9 Nines said:

This would not be a problem if the US had a proportional voting system, but with the two party system from winner-take-all district and state voting, this small group control one of the two political parties.  In a Parliamentary system, this group could just be ignored unless other parties needed their few votes on something. 

My best idea for defeating gerrymandering in house districts is some form of state wide proportional representation.

On 4/6/2022 at 3:44 AM, Number9 said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/27/us/politics/qanon-republicans-trump.html

Those are the findings of a poll released today by the Public Religion Research Institute and the Interfaith Youth Core, which found that 15 percent of Americans say they think that the levers of power are controlled by a cabal of Satan-worshiping pedophiles, a core belief of QAnon supporters. The same share said it was true that “American patriots may have to resort to violence” to depose the pedophiles and restore the country’s rightful order.

IMO, that's not normal and will not lead to a better America.  In 2016, a man armed with an assault rifle shot one human because he believe it was the place Hillary C hid her child sex ring.*   In 2022, there are millions more believing obvious untruths.  

What is the solution?  How has our system of government produced a people that 15% of believe outrageous untruths?  One of the main battlefronts seems to be our children.  And one of our major problems is lack of communication.  Either it's a battle or no effective communication.  It's our responsibility to help others who believe things blatant lies.  Having a populous that believes ridiculous lies makes the country unstable.

Just on the one issue of having additional bathrooms for children who can't decide what they are or have decided they are different than their birth certificate.  Simple-You go in the one for the sex they assigned you at birth.  Not sure if you are like the others in there, have fun peeping at the other kids wee-wee's.  I would have loved to get to see the little girls pee pee's when I was in 3rd grade.

*https://www.cbsnews.com/news/police-man-with-assault-rifle-dc-comet-pizza-victim-of-fake-sex-trafficking-story/

Believing in untruths is exactly what religion deals with anyway. Which imaginary sky daddy you believe in is irrelevant. They're all lies.

Not surprising that the guy who talks about racial issues nonstop is a bigot towards the LGBTQ community.

I recall reading an interesting article a couple years ago....a couple psychiatrists examined the psychology behind cognitive dissonance, conspiracy theories,  and the people who buy into them.

One of the big takeaways is that the truly hardcore conspiracy theory nuts often come from deeply religious, almost cult-like upbringings.   From a very early age, their brains are conditioned and trained to blindly accept words  as factual truth without asking or requiring any sort of proof whatsoever.....and likewise, to discount, ignore, or malign any information that questions or doesn't align with their belief system, even when it’s an undeniable reality right in front of them.    

It explained a lot about some of the behaviors and groupthink activity we've seen in recent years.   And unfortunately, it's only getting worse.

2 hours ago, WG53 said:

Believing in untruths is exactly what religion deals with anyway. Which imaginary sky daddy you believe in is irrelevant. They're all lies.

Not surprising that the guy who talks about racial issues nonstop is a bigot towards the LGBTQ community.

And what do you believe in?  That everything came about from nothing and pure random chance?  Talk about ludicrous nonsense lies.

14 minutes ago, Little Earl said:

And what do you believe in?  That everything came about from nothing and pure random chance?  Talk about ludicrous nonsense lies.

Exactly! Everyone knows white omnipotent magic sky man is the one believable truth among all the thousands of religions and theories. 

Edited by TitansFan777

2 hours ago, WG53 said:

By non-stop you mean I often talk about racial issues.  Guilty. 

In this instance, I'm talking about the strangeness of so many Americans believing in a huge conspiracy theorist.  The believers in the sky daddy are somewhat restrained by the book they claim to believe in.  The Q isn't constrained by any beliefs of any kind.  The Q person is much more diversified in lifestyle/belief because any person/group can profess allegiance to Q.

In a sense, Q is a work around the morality laws.  Jan 6 a woman tried to leap through shattered glass window opening it appeared impossible to get through without being cut up.  That's a psycho.  Q's, Evangelicals. Nazi.  Klan.  MTG.  DT.  They all said she was a hero.  

Something just isn't right about Q being so largely supported.

1 hour ago, Little Earl said:

And what do you believe in?  

dem·a·gog·uer·y

noun

political activity or practices that seek support by appealing to the desires and prejudices of ordinary people rather than by using rational argument.

image.jpeg.7ee95e7d57712003f60755e13382843b.jpeg

2 hours ago, Little Earl said:

I listened to an interview with an astrophysicist who works on the Hubble Telescope. 

One of the more interesting things he said was that the universe is full of wonder. He said faith is actually about that wonder, the unknown. He equated atheists with evangelicals and essentially said he felt bad for them because they were missing out on the wonder of the universe because they believed they knew the answer. 

I recommend to remember you don’t know the answer. It’s okay to not know. Faith goes alongside being amazed and wondering. 

I don't know why people equate atheism to 'knowing the answers of the universe', it is not anything close to this. It is the default state before the human creation of religion interferes, basically. It shouldn't even need a label.

It is simply not accepting the answers that humans created many generations ago, before knowledge was rooted in science and facts, as factual. There is nothing about it that means everything is known and there are no wonders or mysteries.

1 hour ago, OzTitan said:

I don't know why people equate atheism to 'knowing the answers of the universe', it is not anything close to this. It is the default state before the human creation of religion interferes, basically. It shouldn't even need a label.

It is simply not accepting the answers that humans created many generations ago, before knowledge was rooted in science and facts, as factual. There is nothing about it that means everything is known and there are no wonders or mysteries.

I’m talking about staunch atheists. That’s why I juxtaposed them with evangelicals. An atheist who believes he actually knows is just as bad as an evangelical.