QAnon as Popular as Some Major Religions in the United States.

Number9

2 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I’m talking about staunch atheists. That’s why I juxtaposed them with evangelicals. An atheist who believes he actually knows is just as bad as an evangelical. 

But all they really believe they know is there is no god as religions describe, which is the result of not giving religion a special right to truth or special importance, just like a person of religion X doesn't give to religion Y. Whether or not they have closed beliefs on the nature of the universe has no relation to atheism, that would be more so a personality trait for the individual. It is religion that typically demands strict adherence to preset beliefs that disqualifies avenues of thinking that challenge its beliefs, but yes religious views aside a person who thinks they know things that are impossible to know are probably not good to be around.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This would not be a problem if the US had a proportional voting system, but with the two party system from winner-take-all district and state voting, this small group controls one of the two political

"Can you believe it. Many people don't believe it frankly-- yet here I am. *shows hand wounds*. Here I am. Two days! And I spent a day of it in hell and let me tell you that Beelzebub? Raw deal.

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

But all they really believe they know is there is no god as religions describe, which is the result of not giving religion a special right to truth or special importance, just like a person of religion X doesn't give to religion Y. Whether or not they have closed beliefs on the nature of the universe has no relation to atheism, that would be more so a personality trait for the individual. It is religion that typically demands strict adherence to preset beliefs that disqualifies avenues of thinking that challenge its beliefs, but yes religious views aside a person who thinks they know things that are impossible to know are probably not good to be around.

Maybe that is the case in other countries but in the US the atheist movement is pretty ardent against any notion there is any supreme being. They aren’t simply rejecting religion. 

There's still a belief out there that some day soon, "they" will declare martial law, close down the country, and arrest "them".  "Them" being many, but Obama and Hillary specifically.

I'm not exactly sure why it's all tied to martial law and everything being shut down.  It can't be less than the biggest thing ever.  What has warped these people's minds? 

I'm still of the mindset there's prescription drugs or maybe even over the counter stuff that has effects we aren't aware of.   Or maybe something else.  It's hard for be to believe this many people can naturally get here.  

28 minutes ago, Rogue said:

There's still a belief out there that some day soon, "they" will declare martial law, close down the country, and arrest "them".  "Them" being many, but Obama and Hillary specifically.

I'm not exactly sure why it's all tied to martial law and everything being shut down.  It can't be less than the biggest thing ever.  What has warped these people's minds? 

I'm still of the mindset there's prescription drugs or maybe even over the counter stuff that has effects we aren't aware of.   Or maybe something else.  It's hard for be to believe this many people can naturally get here.  

You're giving oxygen to a group of people who don't deserve any. 

1 hour ago, Rogue said:

So you’re saying you have a conspiracy theory about the origins of the conspiracy theorists?

Conspiracy theories are hardly a new concept;  it’s just current terminology for flawed human nature that has always existed in society.   It’s built on a foundation of fear, tribalism, and ignorance and enforced by people who capitalize on it for their own benefit.  

The ridiculous QAnon beliefs and psychology we see today are no different from the Salem witch trials in the 1600s.  

4 hours ago, LongTimeFan said:

You're giving oxygen to a group of people who don't deserve any. 

I think there's a lot more out there than you'd like to admit.  Even more of those considering the varying degrees of which they partially believe this stuff.  

3 hours ago, T-RAC said:

So you’re saying you have a conspiracy theory about the origins of the conspiracy theorists?

Could be anything.  Beer, pot, cigarettes, sandwich meat, the internet.  Medicine tends to be the most unnatural of stuff we regularly take, so it's easy to consider it.   Who knows?  

I'm just saying I don't think this many people are naturally this broken.  

Edited by Rogue

2 hours ago, Little Earl said:

fake news

I live in a small town and it's admittedly a small sample size and it may or may not reflect the entire nation but I can tell you, at LEAST 25% of the people I know believe all that shit.   

29 minutes ago, Rogue said:

Could be anything.  Beer, pot, cigarettes, sandwich meat, the internet.  Medicine tends to be the most unnatural of stuff we regularly take, so it's easy to consider it.   Who knows?  

I'm just saying I don't think this many people are naturally this broken.  

There's nothing new about the human race being largely made up of gullible and fearful creatures, incapable of self-reflection and in constant search to affirm their own biases. 

2 hours ago, T-RAC said:

There's nothing new about the human race being largely made up of gullible and fearful creatures, incapable of self-reflection and in constant search to affirm their own biases. 

You might be right, but that would speak poorly on society and public education efforts.  This is on a level of stupid we're not accustomed to seeing and fairly widespread.