QAnon as Popular as Some Major Religions in the United States.

Number9

On 4/8/2022 at 2:52 PM, Rogue said:

You might be right, but that would speak poorly on society and public education efforts.  This is on a level of stupid we're not accustomed to seeing and fairly widespread.  

The Industrial Revolution.   WW2. Atomic Age.   Space Age.     Information Age.

Hope.                                Worry.   Power.           Pride.           Fear.  Confusion.

The bottom labels are mine(debatable), but the conclusion I reached is the Information Age is possibly more complex than we realize and maybe more dangerous than any previous time.  All other times, people just followed the leaders into whatever BS the people in power said.  

The Information Age is different.  Today, the truth is readily available and we can form our own conclusions.  But the leadership of America made the decision to not advance our education levels to keep up in the Information Age.  Too many of us are incapable of understanding the complexities of the world.  Our children graduating HS can't solve this simple problem.  8+4bananas times 12 equals how many pieces of fruit?  Our 18yo children can't get a credit card, but can sign up for $200,000 loan to go to Kolege.   Joe six-pack became a national political icon.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This would not be a problem if the US had a proportional voting system, but with the two party system from winner-take-all district and state voting, this small group controls one of the two political

"Can you believe it. Many people don't believe it frankly-- yet here I am. *shows hand wounds*. Here I am. Two days! And I spent a day of it in hell and let me tell you that Beelzebub? Raw deal.

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Number9 said:

Hope.                                Worry.   Power.           Pride.           Fear.  Confusion.

The bottom labels are mine(debatable), but the conclusion I reached is the Information Age is possibly more complex than we realize and maybe more dangerous than any previous time.  All other times, people just followed the leaders into whatever BS the people in power said.  

The Information Age is different.  Today, the truth is readily available and we can form our own conclusions.  But the leadership of America made the decision to not advance our education levels to keep up in the Information Age.  Too many of us are incapable of understanding the complexities of the world.  Our children graduating HS can't solve this simple problem.  8+4bananas times 12 equals how many pieces of fruit?  Our 18yo children can't get a credit card, but can sign up for $200,000 loan to go to Kolege.   Joe six-pack became a national political icon.

56 pieces of fruit.

17 hours ago, Number9 said:

The real problem isn't intelligence. Its susceptibility to propaganda especially when led by instigating an emotional response. 

6 hours ago, reo said:

The real problem isn't intelligence. Its susceptibility to propaganda especially when led by instigating an emotional response. 

3 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Yes, but it’s both, too.

Who are the powerful people benefiting?

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

Who are the powerful people benefiting?

The wealthy. I’m talking about the people angling for tax cuts and minimal regulations, for starters.

BTW, it’s worth pointing out the wealth gap in America today is greater that it has ever been in America. Greater than during the Guided Age. Greater than right before the Great Depression. Greater than in France right before the French Revolution.

14 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

The wealthy. I’m talking about the people angling for tax cuts and minimal regulations, for starters.

BTW, it’s worth pointing out the wealth gap in America today is greater that it has ever been in America. Greater than during the Guided Age. Greater than right before the Great Depression. Greater than in France right before the French Revolution.

True, but that’s a stat without context for the most part. Life in the US is still very easy relative to the rest of the world because of the fact we are the buyer of last resort for shitty and cheap products while also being the global reserve currency. Poor people have cars and big screen TVs. They have access to cheap food and entertainment. 

Just now, IsntLifeFunny said:

True, but that’s a stat without context for the most part. Life in the US is still very easy relative to the rest of the world because of the fact we are the buyer of last resort for shitty and cheap products while also being the global reserve currency. Poor people have cars and big screen TVs. They have access to cheap food and entertainment. 

I don’t disagree that poverty in America today isn’t the same as old school poverty or in poverty in other countries.

But you also know that people in poverty here are still at massive disadvantage and generally in a hole they (and their kids) will never be able to dig themselves out of. 

1 minute ago, Starkiller said:

I don’t disagree that poverty in America today isn’t the same as old school poverty or in poverty in other countries.

But you also know that people in poverty here are still at massive disadvantage and generally in a hole they (and their kids) will never be able to dig themselves out of. 

For sure, but as long as the masses are placated nothing changes. 

It’s interesting watching the Republicans constantly be on the attack. They’re like pit bulls constantly making Dems fight rearguard battles (abortion and LGBTQ rights). They’re excellent in their simplicity. 

The Dems on the other hand seem to play by a different rule book. They refuse to go on the attack and are constantly championing situations that do not talk to middle America. I appreciate them for the effort, but the fact is they need to get over the idea that ideas and the moral notion of equality is what drives people. It isn’t and it likely never will be. 

39 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

For sure, but as long as the masses are placated nothing changes. 

It’s interesting watching the Republicans constantly be on the attack. They’re like pit bulls constantly making Dems fight rearguard battles (abortion and LGBTQ rights). They’re excellent in their simplicity. 

The Dems on the other hand seem to play by a different rule book. They refuse to go on the attack and are constantly championing situations that do not talk to middle America. I appreciate them for the effort, but the fact is they need to get over the idea that ideas and the moral notion of equality is what drives people. It isn’t and it likely never will be. 

Dems need to focus on a more populist, pro-worker economic message.

I don't know or have a solution, but these Q people would have been labeled as kooks 30 years ago.  They could never have spread the word fast enough to let people try to figure it out on their own.  The news media would inform people about it before it reached a level of 1%.

Now when I hit submit, it can be read around the world almost immediately.  If I was making up things, repeating them over and over some people would believe it.  The difference is Q has a platform to attach itself to that adds credibility, if you could call cryptic messages credible.  Information is moving faster than people can understand/evaluate.

They say it is free speech.  The reason it is against the law to yell fire in a crowded theater is because it is a lie and it is dangerous for people to believe it.  Telling people you are Q giving them false predictions, being part of getting them to commit sedition is legal.

Can it grow?