Week 1 Game Thread: Arizona @ Tennessee

tgo

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So Vrabel is willing to use a fake punt inside his own half but isn't willing to go for it on 4th and 1 when down 18 completely head scratching.

I really don't get how you ask a kicker signed 3 days ago who sucks to make a 45+ FG right before the half. It was 4th and 1. The Titans could have run nearly anything and got the 1st down. Vrabel is

What a gutless fucking call with a shoddy kicker.

Posted Images

Just now, big2033 said:

Consistently. This isn't a good look to changing minds.

And not just him. The oline too. If we can pass protect we'll run more anyway.

Huh? It's a combo of being too predictable on 1st down, stalling drives, putting the offense into 3rd and long too often coupled with a sieve of a defense. No QB is going to be able consistently bring his team back when they are down two or more scores all the time. Your premise is flawed.

Just now, BaddKarma said:

LOL Vrabel bailing out on the presser. He better get his OL worked out and fast.

Astounding how he swings and misses so often on players to fit his schemes...

Oh my…what happened at the presser?

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

Huh? It's a combo of being too predictable on 1st down, stalling drives, putting the offense into 3rd and long too often coupled with a sieve of a defense. No QB is going to be able consistently bring his team back when they are down two or more scores all the time. Your premise is flawed.

He has to. Or we'll stay with a successful philosophy. We have success playing this way. Unless we start losing a lot of games we're not going to change. 

You've always hated this approach but the overall win column is working against you.

If that changes then we'll change. If not, we'll stay the same and take the loss in the playoffs.

Edited by big2033

5 minutes ago, rns90 said:

But are they an actual SB contender with this premise?  You can win but can you contend is the real question with the limited offense.

The Eagles won one. Unless you have Mahomes the plan is to win and get in. For a team like this that's the plan. 

The understanding IMO is we have a tier 2 QB ... which is what most evaluations have. The approach with that kind of QB is you do the most likely thing to win games. Right now, we have proof of one way. Why change that unless something forces it? 

Yes, we're a franchise trying to get in the playoffs, get hot and win one. I thought that was obvious to everyone? We are not a dynasty. We don't have a dynasty QB.

Edited by big2033

The OL was terrible and was the main reason for today's ineptitude. It, but really the whole offense, needs to gel before we can really damn the season. 

I don't know if it's injuries or coaching to blame for holding these players out all preseason, but it definitely put the team in a bad situation. I'm leaning to coaching though.

10 minutes ago, BaddKarma said:

LOL Vrabel bailing out on the presser. He better get his OL worked out and fast.

Astounding how he swings and misses so often on players to fit his schemes...

Of course he did. The team was complete garbage from the coaches down, and he takes zero accountability. The team wasn't ready and was absolutely embarrassed at home.

Ultimately games are still won and lost on the lines of scrimmage.  Arizona dominated the Titans on both lines.  And thus they won easily.

Oh well, on to next week.  Hopefully they improve.   Couldn’t get much worse.

It’s week one.  And their main competition also got dominated today.

Today doesn’t change the expectations I have for this team.  It may for some people.  Not for me.  It’s a long season.  This was one game.  A very bad one.

Just now, oldschool said:

Everyone take a breath. Week one is always a crap shoot. The Titans aren't nearly as bad as they showed today. They have no room for error with an away game against the Seahawks next week. Titan up.

I’m expecting an 0-2 start and for things to smooth out after that. 

• Jonboy unpinned this topic