Week 1 Game Thread: Arizona @ Tennessee

tgo

Just now, oldschool said:

Everyone take a breath. Week one is always a crap shoot. The Titans aren't nearly as bad as they showed today. They have no room for error with an away game against the Seahawks next week. Titan up.

I agree. I hope our defense will be better too. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So Vrabel is willing to use a fake punt inside his own half but isn't willing to go for it on 4th and 1 when down 18 completely head scratching.

I really don't get how you ask a kicker signed 3 days ago who sucks to make a 45+ FG right before the half. It was 4th and 1. The Titans could have run nearly anything and got the 1st down. Vrabel is

What a gutless fucking call with a shoddy kicker.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, scine09 said:

Ultimately games are still won and lost on the lines of scrimmage.  Arizona dominated the Titans on both lines.  And thus they won easily.

Oh well, on to next week.  Hopefully they improve.   Couldn’t get much worse.

It’s week one.  And their main competition also got dominated today.

Today doesn’t change the expectations I have for this team.  It may for some people.  Not for me.  It’s a long season.  This was one game.  A very bad one.

Bingo although I think it's reasonable to be concerned about carry over trends from last year like 1st down run ratio early in the game and 3rd down defense. 

I will say, and I probably posted this 2 or 3 times during the week but I’ve felt this way since the schedule came out is that this was not a good matchup for the Titans.  The one team I did not want the Titans to draw in week one was Arizona.  They have a few older impact players and I felt that they’d start fast.  Did I see 38-13?  Of course not.  But I did think the Cardinals would win.

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

Bingo although I think it's reasonable to be concerned about carry over trends from last year like 1st down run ratio early in the game and 3rd down defense. 

I was pissed with the constant running early.  The 3rd down defense was obviously a problem but at the same time credit Murray and Hopkins for making some unbelievable plays.  The other team gets paid too.

4 minutes ago, unauthorizedcinnamon said:

KC Oline looks awful. Yet Mahomes continues to make plays.

Titans fans just look at how a QB is suppose to play when things dont work out.

That is what an elite QB does. Mahomes has the talent to be a difference all his their own without having a perfect situation.

Tannehill does not

One thing is for sure.  Kyler Murray is really, really good.  There were some plays that I thought the Titans defensed well and he still made them pay.

If he and Hopkins stay healthy, look out.  They will be a tough out.  And with that pass rush and overall team speed, I think a lot of you underestimated the Cardinals.  I don’t like their coaching but I could see them being a major force in the NFC just based on talent.

Edited by scine09

5 minutes ago, scine09 said:

One thing is for sure.  Kyler Murray is really, really good.  There were some plays that I thought the Titans defensed well and he still made him pay.

If he and Hopkins stay healthy, look out.  They will be a tough out.  And with that pass rush and overall team speed, I think a lot of you underestimated the Cardinals.  I don’t like their coaching but I could see them being a major force in the NFC just based on talent.

That's a stretch. Murray is okay but he did make some killer throws today. The cards are definitely nowhere near as bad as some Titans fans thought. Fringe playoff team last year and likely the same this year.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic