Tanney is better than Ryan. AJ is better than Julio

Flarb

Don’t get mad, please. 

Tanney is now better than Ryan at any point in Ryan’s career… if we’re using our most important evaluation tools… our eyes. 

Julio is obviously a hall of famer. But if AJ continues on his current path, he is the better receiver. 

Julio’s speed, concentration and hands are otherworldly. But I believe AJ has the same talents. He’s just as fast, has the hands, etc., whatever.

What sets them apart is AJ’s feel for the field. What he does with the ball in his hands is, to my eyes, unmatched. He can change direction at full speed and then outrun anyone. He can come to a complete stop, let a defender fly by and then hit full speed again as though he’d never stopped. He meanders through his obstacles like they were on the bench leaning back and forth. 

So that concludes my rather unnecessary comparison of our two amazing receivers. 

And… Ryan has always been an overrated pussy. Tanney will make Julio shine brighter. 

Now…

I’m so tired. Go, Titans. 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you fucking Marge?    Because this is the most homer take I've seen, even for this board's standards.       

Right now I'd rather have Tannehill over Matt Ryan.    And you can't put AJ over Julio right now

Tannehill is a game manager at best. He fits right in our system. Thats all he is and its all he will ever be...

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, japan said:

You do realize that Ryan won the MVP?

He also blew a SB. Granted, I don’t exactly remember who’s fault that was. I know it wasn’t Julio’s. Probably the HC or OC. I’ll give Ryan a pass because I don’t remember. 

Regardless, Ryan can’t get over the hump. I look at it this way… Julio was a huge part of Ryan’s success. Tanney took over with much less talent and firmly established himself as the man. Now that he has a multitude of toys, I believe he will be spectacular this season. 

And I believe Ryan will be the same as always. Good, but just good. 

8 minutes ago, Puck said:

dudewhat.jpeg

I stated my opinion regarding both players. Emphasizing that I believe AJ is and will go down as the better receiver. 

Your profile thingy (ironically) has a positive quote from AJ about Julio. That quote is what you would call respect. Not kowtowing. 

So you post a trite meme? 

Okie doke. 

15 minutes ago, Bink said:

Are you fucking Marge? 

Because this is the most homer take I've seen, even for this board's standards. 

spacer.png

You’re just jealous due to my previous takes being spot on. Or maybe that’s not the reason. I don’t care. 

But Jesus Christ… The Simpsons suck. Anyone who references The Simpsons is truly barf. 

Edited by GoodToGo

Matt Ryan was a top 5-8 QB for a good 3 years around the time he went to the SB, and I wouldn’t place blame on Ryan for losing that game. 

I would place it more so on the OC who called a deep pass to Julio on 3rd and 1 when they could of ran for the first. They get a first down there the game is over. They ran it and I believe punted next play. 

Julio may not be quite as fast as he used to be, but he's probably the best at being a receiver than he's ever been. Kinda like how Michael Jordan's physical prowess dwindled toward the late 90's, but his mental toughness and agility were off the charts, which helped keep him at an elite level. AJB has a world of talent, but he's barely scratched the surface.

2 hours ago, Spartacus1987 said:

He needs to be able to supplement the loss of CD and Jonnu tbh.

Until prove otherwise, I'm thinking AJB is the one replacing CD and Jonnu. Julio is the one "replacing" AJB, so to speak. Julio missed games last season, he didn't fall of the edge of the earth. He had just under 1400 yards on just under 100 receptions the year prior.

While I love the enthusiasm, Matt Ryan has 10 4k season. Tannehill has 2. Matt Ryan has been a stat machine his entire career. 

To put his 55k career yards and 347 TDs in perspective, he will be passing Eli Manning this year for both and Ben R next year for both. #9/#10 for both records currently. 

Tannehill is not in those conversations. Matt R has been throwing 400 comp at 65% and 25 TD EVERY. SINGLE. SEASON. 

45 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Until prove otherwise, I'm thinking AJB is the one replacing CD and Jonnu. Julio is the one "replacing" AJB, so to speak. 

interesting take.
my twist is, the TE replacing Jonnu isn't on roster yet. I kinda like the idea of Jesse James, but Ertz would work too. if no TE is picked up, it wouldn't surprise to see Firkser do some workser

~ ( = replacing )
Reynolds ~ Davis
JJ ~ AJ
AJ ~ Stefon Diggs, but with more TD's