Amani Hooker film review

headhunter

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They try to do so much disguise and coverage rotation that they end up fooling themselves. They got way too cute with things schematically last year, during the covid offseason nonetheless, and it cos

Sorry ? trying to improve the audio as I make more videos

Posted Images

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

This was another good look at our defense. Like I said I don't make these.

Spoiler alert, Hooker is a much better in the box safety than Free safety. I also didn't realize Byard played alot of strong safety last year which was shocking to me. 

Hopefully with the new CBs we can free up Byard some more

Thanks for the post and byard playing in the box so much is why i wasn't to worried about the down year. 

39 minutes ago, tgo said:

They try to do so much disguise and coverage rotation that they end up fooling themselves. They got way too cute with things schematically last year, during the covid offseason nonetheless, and it cost them. 

They basically have Hooker and Byard equally splitting between free safety and strong safety and rotating coverages, when Byard’s true strength is at free safety and Hooker’s true strength is strong safety. They even had Vaccaro playing a lot of free, which is crazy to me. 

Overly complex scheme with no offseason and a new DC = communication breakdowns and tepidity. 

It's almost as if a guy who played football way longer than he coached thought he knew it all and could reinvent the wheel

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

Good stuff and pretty obvious some of the coverage issues were schematic

Some scheme, but it was probably also execution. If the point of showing one scheme pre-snap and then shifting safeties was to confuse QBs then why telegraph the real formation?

Were they coaching Byard to move down immediately rather that delaying a second or was he doing that of his own accord? Either way it’s on the coaches for not fixing it.

24 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Vrabel always says that they have to be multiple.  Sometimes they probably go too far in trying to make players play multiple positions.

There’s something to be said for unpredictability. But don’t routinely play your guys away from their strengths to do it.