Isaiah Wilson To Suit Up for First Time

tgo

It’s hard to tell if he’s reporting what he’s been told or surmising it based on roster requirements. “Unless one of three practice-squad linemen hopscotched Wilson in a new low for him, he is the only remaining offensive lineman to fill the eighth spot on the 48-man roster.”

Remember that time PK said to expect the Titans to sign Colquitt but then they signed TWO punters not named Colquitt?

Edited by titaninpgh

In the limited clips we have seen from Wilson recently he does look a million times better than he did during training camp, he looks to be moving more freely and is not as upright firing out of his stance which was one of his major technique flaws.

Do think they need to see him in some live reps over the next 7 weeks to get a better idea if he has a chance to be the starting RT next season, if he is active there is a chance he could get some late snaps if the game is a blowout.

45 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

In the limited clips we have seen from Wilson recently he does look a million times better than he did during training camp, he looks to be moving more freely and is not as upright firing out of his stance which was one of his major technique flaws.

Do think they need to see him in some live reps over the next 7 weeks to get a better idea if he has a chance to be the starting RT next season, if he is active there is a chance he could get some late snaps if the game is a blowout.

Best bet for him would be the defense shortens the time it takes to allow TDs on every drive. 

If we actually have to rely on him now, that’s pretty scary and a testament to how depleted we are. 

The fact that it’s “scary” to be depending on your first round draft pick instead of thrilling is a detriment to Robinson’s 2020 offseason debacle.

2 hours ago, freakingeek said:

You don’t draft a guy like that in the first round unless he has some serious ability. Get him out there and see what he’s got. Let him get his feet wet. It’ll be a windfall if we get something out of him this season.

The more I think about it...

He was drafted for his insane run blocking ability, not pass protection.

With Saffold and Ben Jone hurting....we don’t want Tannehill dropping back any more than he has to. 
I would be curious to see Wilson trot out there for some run packages.

Edited by 2ToneTerror

1 minute ago, 2ToneTerror said:

With Saffold and Ben Jone hurting....we don’t want Tannehill dropping back any more than he has to. 

Lol.  Nothing like tipping your hand when you are moving OL in and out every down.

10 minutes ago, japan said:

Lol.  Nothing like tipping your hand when you are moving OL in and out every down.

I don’t think our game plan For this game is any different than it was last year in the playoffs.

We want to run Henry and then run Henry some more.  

If we are making Tannahill drop back numerous times with no Saffold and a banged up center we are in deep shit.

And defensively, we want to contain Baltimore’s running game including Lamar Jackson.

Wilson was drafted to be an unstoppable run blocker based on his insane physical traits. Regardless if you tip your hat, if he can do what he was drafted to do and Henry can do what he did last year… You run even when they know you’re going to run.

We tipped our hat the entire game last year and Baltimore couldn’t stop it.

I want to see what Wilson is capable of.

Edited by 2ToneTerror

16 minutes ago, 2ToneTerror said:

Wilson wasn't a consistently dominant run blocker at Georgia, yes at times he would just bulldoze guys out of the way but there were equal amounts of poor hand technique and upright stance/high pad level that meant he didn't fully utilize his natural size/power.

Wilson won't be able to rely purely on physical size/length in the NFL he has to fix those technique issues before he can help this team.

Time to play him.  He’s the first round pick.  Time to grow up or go away.  MV needs to win the AFC South and if not JRob needs to hold the assets accountable including some pretty poor decisions he made himself this offseason.  Really simple when you think about it.