Episode 175 - Let's Kick It

Jamalisms

Jamal and Scotty return to discuss the week 1 victory of the Tennessee Titans over the Denver Broncos and to preview the week 2 game against the London Jaguars.

The slate includes the Evans ejection, a Clowney review, Big Jeff, the running and passing game and, of course, kicker woes.

Apple (may not be updated yet):

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-two-tone-crew/id485247545

Android (may not be updated yet):

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/titansreport/the-two-tone-crew

Computer:

https://directory.libsyn.com/episode/index/id/16033403

I agree that Denver D is a lot better than most think.  Without Chubb last year they were 12th in the league.  Their run D is a lot better with Chubb and the new MLB.  Their CB were pretty weak and I thought the game plan was slow to evolve to passing.  Tannehill played well but I thought thought Smith did a poor job coordinating this  game plan.  Jonnu needs to be more active in the first half.  I thought Kelly played very well.  I think Ben Jones and Nate Davis had below avg games.  Henry missed three cut back reads that cost him 40 yards but it was because his C and G were getting worked badly all night.  

I disagree with the idea that Denver offense did nothing.  Lock's overthrow in the endzone could have been the killer.  I thought TN back seven had a rough night.  

Titans played well considering what we were dealing with: only 3 OLB, piece-meal secondary, losing Evans. Despite that, if we have a kicker -- that game is over sooner. If Denver has Sutton, we probably lose that one, but I don't know. You can say that, but I have faith that we would have found a way to win regardless. 

Like you guys said, if this is as bad as it gets, future looks pretty fucking bright. 

When are @TitansGuru and @Jonboy going to return as guests?

2 hours ago, Bongo59 said:

Podcast work best when you have two host who don't yes one another to death.  

Maybe you should volunteer a few moments out of whichever day they record the podcast so you can regail everyone with tales of poorly drafted wide receivers and maybe drop a few more dimes while you're at it.

12 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

On on earth did @OILERMANsay our tv crew was better than Fowler and Herbstreit? Fowler and Herbstreit are great. 

They both sucked but honestly Herbstreit is awful whether it's CFB or NFL.

I thought Griese and Riddick did OK.  Too much fawning over Jeudy by Riddick was the big annoyance to me though,  The production was where the issues were.  Lack of replays were awful

4 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Is it just me or has Oman's Texas drawl become stronger due to the quarantine?

Not sure, but I tried listening to the first week's podcast and couldn't get all the way through it, because it sounded like he was inside a tin can or something lol, compared to Jamal's mic.  Probably putting that mic money into the market though I guess!  ;) Can't blame him!