Sorry, but I have got to ask.

Number9

FACT:: The pandemic will be a threat until a vaccine is developed or discovered.  Social distancing is the new normal.

Question:: Will we have NFL Football this year?  How?

Fans at the games are a big part of the experience, Mr. Pineapple.  But like this weekend, they did it without the crowds and it was the best sports event I have enjoyed since the Titans@Chiefs.  No fans in stadium, no problem.

Football is a contact sport.  Every part of it, including training.  How will they have enough protection for the players to get the public to feel it's safe.  It won't take a lot because everyone is wanting it real bad.  But whatever they do will also have to be close acceptable for college football.  The college football players are not professionals and their safety demands will be more stringent.  Colleges are already talking about having their season next spring.

Any ideas how they can make it work?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Titans better hope it's played without fans. Then the crowd won't be a majority of the opposition team at Nissan

Just need 3 empty seats between every fan.  Jacksonville has been preparing for this for years

I think so. Itll be in empty stadiums most likely

Great topic.  Especially for those with tickets to purchase.  Do not think folks are interested in the hassle of getting refunded.  Should be more on this from the Titans this week I guess.

Yes we will and I believe it will be with fans in the stands. If these antibody tests continue to go in the direction they are going as they ramp up the numbers, it will become clear how many people have it or have had it and never knew it which of course is tremendous news.

Simple they will amend the rules for this year so no plays in the stadium and they will have nothing but kickoffs. If you get 6feet away from a defender they count as blocked and if you get within 6feet of the ball carrier they are down. Then we have another kickoff. 4 chances to score then switch sides. Boom problem solved.

3 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

Yes we will and I believe it will be with fans in the stands. If these antibody tests continue to go in the direction they are going as they ramp up the numbers, it will become clear how many people have it or have had it and never knew it which of course is tremendous news.

This. 

It's pretty clear that the number of people carrying the virus either are asymptomatic or have mild symptoms.  If the studies in NY and CA continue, the "reported" number of cases is 10X less than the actual number.  That folks changes the entire situation.  I predict we see a return to normalcy, with some caveats like more permanent remote workers, sick/at risk people using PPE's and self isolating, etc. 

There are medical people that believe that a vaccine is impossible, which means we as humans have to build up immunity. 

Regardless, the NFL will do whatever is possible to have games with people attending simply for the money and football fans likewise are addicted to the NFL like crack or meth.  Money always wins out since it's invention.

I think an interesting question is what would have happened had this all started on January 11th instead of March 11th.  Would they have cancelled the rest of the season when they were already onto the final 4 teams?

I do believe by fall we will have some type of pattern for public behavior. I would not be surprised if they have special seating for high risk populations, and some required expectations of all attendees (some form of social distancing). And stadiums might be required to limit ticketing to only 60% to 70% of capacity.

But I am near certain there will be football. As long as the virus doesn't mutate exceptionally well.

14 minutes ago, siamesedinasour said:

As long as the virus doesn't mutate exceptionally well.

If it does that and in a heinous way, there's a possibility none of us will be here and it won't matter.  We're at the top of the food chain so the only thing to take us down will be a single celled organism.  You think people were acting crazy with this pandemic, wait until the next one has a >50% or worse kill rate.

Vaccine is just entering human trials. Forgot the womans name on the news a couple weeks back but she was one of the scientists working on it. Her timetable was IF things progress well in the lab and so far they have. The vaccine could be out for medical workers by late fall early winter. This is for hospital staff. For us the general public she was saying spring of 2021. She even explained how this vaccine was worked on so fast in that they had a head start working on Sars vaccine a couple years ago and that allowed them to have a base to work from. So we are still about a year away at best for general public being vaccinated. Mass producing them is a challenge in itself.

I don’t see much change. Stands will be filled, even if its from other teams fans again. Maybe more hand sanitizer availability and usage. New bathrooms set up with foot pedal/automatic flushing and automatic door opening. People will be more aware of how germs are spread. 

12 minutes ago, Dinx81 said:

New bathrooms set up with foot pedal/automatic flushing and automatic door opening.

This needs to have been done everywhere a long time ago.  Just have no doors on public restrooms over a certain size.