The Never-ending Saga of Jadeveon Clowney

tgo

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Take this for what it’s worth, when i broke the Lewan suspension hours and hours before any media members did - the same guy who slipped that to me just texted me and said that Clowney has already agr

Jurrell Casey died for this.

Posted Images

Part of me doesn't care anymore, but to trade Casey then not get Clowney will leave me very disappointed. If Casey were still on the roster with the other additions we have so far, I'd be good with that, but I think Clowney with this roster would put us over the top. 

46 minutes ago, 10 A See said:

Part of me doesn't care anymore, but to trade Casey then not get Clowney will leave me very disappointed. If Casey were still on the roster with the other additions we have so far, I'd be good with that, but I think Clowney with this roster would put us over the top. 

Why? Casey was a shell of himself last year except for the Ravens game. Dude is on the decline.

Somebody like New Orleans could blow this fait accompli as this is definitely it for Brees and Payton and crew aren’t afraid to throw money around. It’s only a one year deal.  He wants to go somewhere where he can win and be featured. 

Edited by japan

18 minutes ago, japan said:

Somebody like New Orleans could blow this fait accompli as this is definitely it for Brees and Payton and crew aren’t afraid to throw money around. It’s only a one year deal.  He wants to go somewhere where he can win and be featured. 

While this could be true, do you think JRob would be talking about him as openly if he wasn't pretty sure Clowney would sign here?  Also he would be "featured" here more than in NO where Cameron Jordan is the star defender there.

9 minutes ago, rns90 said:

While this could be true, do you think JRob would be talking about him as openly if he wasn't pretty sure Clowney would sign here?  Also he would be "featured" here more than in NO where Cameron Jordan is the star defender there.

Idk if he would be the "star" here either. Byard may not be as big a name but he is definitely better and more impactful.

9 minutes ago, Callidus said:

Idk if he would be the "star" here either. Byard may not be as big a name but he is definitely better and more impactful.

Clowney is a game changing DE. He would allow us to run super versatile fronts. People want to argue his stats arent great but anyone with eyes can see how he impacts a game. It doesn’t always show on the stat sheet. Don’t get me wrong Byard is great and one of the better safeties in the league but there aren’t many safeties that can completely change the game as an elite pass rusher would. 

3 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Clowney is a game changing DE. He would allow us to run super versatile fronts. People want to argue his stats arent great but anyone with eyes can see how he impacts a game. It doesn’t always show on the stat sheet. Don’t get me wrong Byard is great and one of the better safeties in the league but there aren’t many safeties that can completely change the game as an elite pass rusher would. 

The thing is I don't see him as elite. He is extremely versatile and great against the run and solid against the pass. Byard is great at everything in the secondary. 

37 minutes ago, rns90 said:

I mean, all it could take is for a team to offer him more than we are.  And the fact that NO has a star edge rusher would only make Clowney’s job easier. 

Edited by japan

• Jonboy locked this topic