Raiders close to signing Mariota

2 minutes ago, dcblanton said:

I understand you think that.  I have never been a Carr fan.  Mariota reminds me of Rich Gannon.  Carr reminds me of Elvis Grbac.  Carr has had good coaching and has reached his ceiling. 

I think that Gruden is a better offensive coach than Arthur Smith.  Time will tell.  I imagine that Mariota will at least be a backup for the next 10 years.

It's obvious that you haven't watched Mariota play on a regular basis.  I don't remember much of KC Gannon.  But I do recall him being a decent game manager type at least.  Mariota isn't even that.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Las Vegas is the funniest American city to imagine Mariota living.

Look at this disgusting fuckweasel.

Posted Images

Seeing raiders fans call Marcus the best back up QB in the league is hilarious on twitter. If the best back up is only good for throwing balls into the ground to open WR just a few feet away then the entire league is in trouble.

Edited by Somedude

47 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Carr is easily better and it's not close

Mariota isn't close to Alex Smith, MM will likely be out of the league in 2 years or less, he's terrible 

Idk if Carr is easily better. I think they are pretty equal. Meaning they are both trash.

3 hours ago, Callidus said:

Yes or no question. would you be happy if the titans signed mary to replace carr knowing what you know that you would be ok with it.

But they dont know what we know. 

For then its like taking a chance on Tannehill .. dumb as that comparison may be.

Look at @dcblanton .. the bs optimism is happening already. Top picks will always get multiple chances.

Edited by big2033

4 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

strange that we still don’t have any contract details yet. I’m starting to wonder if the Raiders demanded it be kept quiet because it would tip their hand on what they are planning on doing with Carr. 

I wouldn't be all that surprised if they were to trade Carr, maybe to NE and give Mariota the season to see what he does.  And maybe they draft a QB early at the same time.

35 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

On the NFLN just now former Giants Executive Marc Ross just mentioned it was a 1yr deal for Mariota, this is the first report on the length of his contract still no mention of the money yet though.

Of course it was and it's probably for standard backup money plus incentives.

10 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Is there a time when the terms have to be made public?

IIRC his agent is like a family friend so I'm guessing they wanted the terms private and Las Vegas is obliging lol

I don't know the answer to that question but I'm sure the delay is because free agency technically didn't start until today and of course everyone is dealing with the pandemic.  It might take longer than usual to get these contracts inked.

5 hours ago, abenjami said:

I don't know the answer to that question but I'm sure the delay is because free agency technically didn't start until today and of course everyone is dealing with the pandemic.  It might take longer than usual to get these contracts inked.

The players agent usually leaks the terms of the deal. If Mariota signed a 1 year deal worth 3-6 mill then the agent is def not going to leak that. 

Gruden likes to acquire QBs and work with them. He also loved Peterman, Mariota is the latest Nathan Peterman to work with. 

On March 17, 2020 at 8:59 PM, dcblanton said:

I understand you think that.  I have never been a Carr fan.  Mariota reminds me of Rich Gannon.  Carr reminds me of Elvis Grbac.  Carr has had good coaching and has reached his ceiling. 

I think that Gruden is a better offensive coach than Arthur Smith.  Time will tell.  I imagine that Mariota will at least be a backup for the next 10 years.

Mariota reminded me of Rich Gannon physically & early on I thought he could be similar. But the truth is Gannon was absolutely dominant for 3-4 years in Oakland & MM never came within a zillion miles of what Gannon did. And I loved Marcus. Couldn't have been more wrong on the guy.

13 hours ago, Titans279 said:

Is there a time when the terms have to be made public?

IIRC his agent is like a family friend so I'm guessing they wanted the terms private and Las Vegas is obliging lol

Except for the Cheesecake Factory, this is starting to sound kinda VYish.  Family friend?