AFC Championship Week: Titans @ Chiefs

Jonboy

11 minutes ago, Somedude said:

If I was vrabel before the Chiefs game I'd walk in the locker room with a ziploc bag with a severed bloody dick in it. He says I did my part. Then he pulls out a chainsaw and says. If you don't win this game. You will to. Play to keep your dicks!

You really are some dude.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By the way, I just want to mention how good it feels to get to experience this with the most hardcore and loyal Titans fans out there that make up this place. We've been through thick and thin here. W

Feels good, man.

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, titaninpgh said:

It’s wild we’re in the AFC Title Game with these guys as our EDGE players. 

5352294A-C18C-4AF2-ACD0-CD3866C5B0F0.jpeg

Correa has surprised this postseason. I recall a couple times Vrabs was patting him on ybe back after a defensive play this week. Really did well not losing contain of Jackson. 

1 hour ago, PhinFan1968 said:

You guys know your coaches and team a hell of a lot better than I do, so I had a question I'd like to ask.

Is Vrabel / Smith limiting the passing game, not only because they don't "NEED" to open it up, but also because they're keeping shit under wraps for when they'll really need it?  Do they do those kinds of things?

I mean, calling that 45 yard DAGGER after the turnover on downs against the Shitbirds was a statement call, no doubt, but I know they have a whole shitload more they can do (I've been seeing it since week 7, much to my enjoyment).

Do you think they're kinda lulling opposing teams into a tunnel-visioned plan that they're pre-loaded to exploit?  We all know Tannehill is capable of taking things to the air, they've shown it throughout the season.

Simple answer is: Yes. 

Looking at this one on paper, this looks to be another high scoring affair. I don't see how they stop us and I don't see how we stop them. When we met in the regular season, we got down 10 early. They got a sack/fumble on Tannehill our first drive. Then we hit a big one to Raymond and eventually cut to 10-7. It was 13-13 at the half. Then Henry got going in the 2nd and broke a big one. We essentially traded blows in the 2nd half, but we got down 9 when Mahomes hit Hardman on a 63-yd bomb. Of course, we all know the Titans weathered the storm with the defense making a key stop late to get our offense the ball back so they could take the lead. Then the Chiefs still managed to get in FG position to tie it, but we blocked the attempt.

Pretty crazy game overall with several big plays. Both teams had missed PATs. Titans scored on defense and had a blocked FG. Chiefs had the sack/fumble on Tannehill.

I would expect us to try and slow the game down with Henry and limit Mahomes chances. They had 4 sacks on Tannehill in this one and every time it resulted in the Chiefs getting the ball as a result. Luckily, our offensive line seems to be playing much better of late so let's hope that's the case here. It's also crucial for us to try and play with a lead, although we can take some comfort knowing we were able to keep up with them once. 

56 minutes ago, Doogie said:

Correa has surprised this postseason. I recall a couple times Vrabs was patting him on ybe back after a defensive play this week. Really did well not losing contain of Jackson. 

Looked like Vrabel was giving him advice or pointed out something he noticed. A few minutes later, Correa got his sack.

Edited by GLinks

3 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Looking at this one on paper, this looks to be another high scoring affair. I don't see how they stop us and I don't see how we stop them. When we met in the regular season, we got down 10 early. They got a sack/fumble on Tannehill our first drive. Then we hit a big one to Raymond and eventually cut to 10-7. It was 13-13 at the half. Then Henry got going in the 2nd and broke a big one. We essentially traded blows in the 2nd half, but we got down 9 when Mahomes hit Hardman on a 63-yd bomb. Of course, we all know the Titans weathered the storm with the defense making a key stop late to get our offense the ball back so they could take the lead. Then the Chiefs still managed to get in FG position to tie it, but we blocked the attempt.

Pretty crazy game overall with several big plays. Both teams had missed PATs. Titans scored on defense and had a blocked FG. Chiefs had the sack/fumble on Tannehill.

I would expect us to try and slow the game down with Henry and limit Mahomes chances. They had 4 sacks on Tannehill in this one and every time it resulted in the Chiefs getting the ball as a result. Luckily, our offensive line seems to be playing much better of late so let's hope that's the case here. It's also crucial for us to try and play with a lead, although we can take some comfort knowing we were able to keep up with them once. 

2 of those sacks came from jones and the forced fumble he was clearly a force. He’s injuried and I hope he can’t go this week it’ll be a huge loss for them in the middle 

Edited by Stan

5 minutes ago, Maker84 said:

He’s going to play 

Calf injuries aren’t a joke. You saw Ingram try playing through it he couldn’t and was clearly ineffective. Different fur a DT doesn’t require much movement but it’s obviously a issue. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Calf injuries aren’t a joke. You saw Ingram try playing through it he couldn’t and was clearly ineffective. Different fur a DT doesn’t require much movement but it’s obviously a issue. 

They are, and can be slow to heal. Unless you have injured a calf, you wouldn't understand how difficult it can be to just move normally without pain. 

were scared of their offense, but these guys should be scared of Henry. I have watched a lot of football but I’ve never seen a running back who is hot like this in a zone unlike I’ve ever seen. The number one defense couldn’t stop him, the number one seed couldn’t stop him. Again, we have the biggest playmaker on the field and if I’m the chiefs, their DC is having nightmares. You contain him, ok, but then you risk Tannehill airing it out which had happened this year. 

5 minutes ago, Former_Fan said:

The scary thing about this game if it becomes a shootout,  is the possiblity that it comes down to needing a game winning field goal to win it, by a kicker who hasn't actually kicked a FG for us.

I wish we had gotten him a FG in this last game. It's crazy how we haven't had a FG attempt in a month

Henry is a running back carrying a team this far against loaded boxes. The Pats tried using their superbowl defense didn’t work, ravens tried stacking the box didn’t work... the chiefs will be coming into this game overthinking it and will suffer from over preparation. You can’t prepare for a running back whose in the zone like this. The last time I remember a running back like this was Terrell Davis 

Edited by Stan

• Jonboy unpinned this topic