Where is Jon Robinson? He's gone silent

OILERMAN

Vrabel told the press about it but it absolutely was a collective decision,  Robinson talked about it in the offseason.  The team built a web series with the Tag Line of Good to Great.

Regardless, JRob owns this whole football product and should be held accountable if it fails.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's probably starting to fear he botched the coaching hire.

Mularkey wasn't as bad a coach as some made him out to be here but he was a baby back bitch and straight 'crybabied' his way out of multiple jobs.  

Careful what you wish for. For all of his faults, he put together the team that got to within one game of a Super Bowl. The last thing we need is a pissed off & motivated JRob, who has also learne

32 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

I think it's astonishing how so many here give him a pass as this team is built on his decisions from personnel to coaching.  Mariota is the one possible exception but he's the one who made coaching changes based largely on his regression and he also gave him the 5th year option. 

Bottom line is that this team is in last place in year 4 after he put up the good to great mantra.

Because JRob hasn’t completely shit the bed and has brought in talent. 

6 hours ago, Little Earl said:

Who didn't think the Lewan extension was a good move at the time?   He didn't screw that one up...Lewan did.   Almost all OL use roids, but are smart enough to not get caught. 

Lewan always acted like a clown.  When he starts playing like a clown it will be toxic.

The guys on 102.5 were discussing the qb situation in Carolina this morning.. Carolina has decided to go with a precision qb good at distributing the ball to all of the weapons,and to let Newton go.. this strategy allows them to be a more balanced offense, build a better oline, and take advantage of personel better.. could we do this w Tanne, if we had a better oline and different kind of running backs ?? 

2 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Vrabel told the press about it but it absolutely was a collective decision,  Robinson talked about it in the offseason.  The team built a web series with the Tag Line of Good to Great.

Regardless, JRob owns this whole football product and should be held accountable if it fails.

Vrabel went to JRob with the idea in the first place of course JRob is going to back his head coach if he wants to sell a mantra for the season.

The web series was just the 2nd season of Igniting the Flame it wasn't specifically developed for the Good to Great Mantra.

1 minute ago, BudAdams said:

They went from horrid to OK and that was year 1.  It's year 4 and they might not even get to 9 wins again.

So do you not think the talent is there? 

I just think that, while he should be held accountable, there are others who are more to blame for things. We will see how the rest of the season plays out, but I don’t see JRob as the problem. 

Hard to blame Vrabel for the kicking disaster.  Hard to blame Vrabel for Lewan getting suspended and playing like ass.  I think it's far more likely than not that Vrabel was forced to play Mariota until he completely imploded. 

I don't know if either are the answer to be honest but there's no question Robinson's hands are all over the coaches and personnel. 

3 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Hard to blame Vrabel for the kicking disaster.  Hard to blame Vrabel for Lewan getting suspended and playing like ass.  I think it's far more likely than not that Vrabel was forced to play Mariota until he completely imploded. 

I don't know if either are the answer to be honest but there's no question Robinson's hands are all over the coaches and personnel. 

There are certainly things JRob deserves blame for like the kicking situation, his inability to bring in a viable 3rd down receiving RB, i'm sure he even played a part in the elevation of Arthur Smith to OC, but extending Lewan before the 2018 season isn't one of them, there is no way JRob could of foresaw a PED suspension that is just ludicrous.

15 minutes ago, ctm said:

The real question for debate is whether you want Vrabel's hands all over the offensive game plans going forward in 2020?

Who is arguing yes to this other than Vrabel himself?

Vrabel should be on the hot seat. If this year ends poorly JRob should fire him because if next year goes bad they’re both out imo

Yeah the problems seem to stem from Vrabel but JRob isn’t without his own warts and he hired Vrabel!

He is ultimately responsible for everything as GM

56 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

There are certainly things JRob deserves blame for like the kicking situation, his inability to bring in a viable 3rd down receiving RB, i'm sure he even played a part in the elevation of Arthur Smith to OC, but extending Lewan before the 2018 season isn't one of them, there is no way JRob could of foresaw a PED suspension that is just ludicrous.

Where did I say Robinson is responsible for Lewan's PED troubles and subsequent scrub play?   I can say that the ROI on the contract has not been good.

I'm not going to put Lewan's play on coaching.

10 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

I'm not going to put Lewan's play on coaching.

Under Keith Carter basically every OL here apart from Ben Jones have seen their level of play decline.

Lewan comes with his own set of issues but you can't totally just write off coaching as playing some part in his decline in play.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08