Who Feels Comfortable with this Offense?

Titansgoodluck

1 minute ago, Titansgoodluck said:

Well they got Lewan back right before.

Got him back in game 5. We just played week 8. Mariota had 2 games with him and now Tannehill has too. The Oline isn’t great but they look better now that the ball is coming out quicker. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We don't utilize Henry on the Edge enough. Too much of this smash-mouth bull that our OLine is incapable of making happen.   Think last years 99 yard run v. Jacksonville and that screen pass

Overall @Titansgoodluck is just a troll trying to argue for Mariota because he's still in his feelings about it. Don't fall for it.

Its an improvement. 

15 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Titansgoodluck, not sure I follow your logic.  Your argument is that Mariota hasn't had as fair a chance as Tannehill but the line is worse now than it was with Mariota?

He's trying to find a way to argue for Mariota but he's struggling with the details besides his hopes and dreams. So he's tiptoeing around the subject in just about every thread. Vague statements like, "who scored more points?" Which have no context and don't really make sense.

He just believes Mariota is better because he loves Mariota, he doesn't know how to back it up though.

He's been doing this for the last two weeks.

Edited by big2033

On 10/29/2019 at 2:39 AM, Tnasty said:

I’m comfortable that when’s Ryan Tannehill gets into the red zone he will get us 6 points.

I’m comfortable with the fact that Mariota led teams scored 7 points (from a defensive turnover) over the last 8 quarters and Tannehill led teams has scored 50.

Look.. you don’t have to have a single opinion on QBs to know this is a shit comparison. 

two terrible pass defenses against awful teams vs two elite pass defenses. 

add in that during one of those weeks against an elite pass d, we missed 4 FG and had 3 TDs called back.. and you aren’t making a fair comparison. 

panthers are closer on par to what the team faced the previous two weeks. Spirits will be high if we look good offensively this week. 

Confidence in offense or the offensive philosophy?  

I feel more confident in the offense than I've felt in a while.  The offensive philosophy?  To be determined, but as of now not so much. 

I am confident we've got the best QB on the roster starting.

1 hour ago, titanruss said:

Look.. you don’t have to have a single opinion on QBs to know this is a shit comparison. 

two terrible pass defenses against awful teams vs two elite pass defenses. 

add in that during one of those weeks against an elite pass d, we missed 4 FG and had 3 TDs called back.. and you aren’t making a fair comparison. 

panthers are closer on par to what the team faced the previous two weeks. Spirits will be high if we look good offensively this week. 

It’s only a shit comparison because you don’t like hearing it.

Bucs came off a bye week and probably worked very diligently to work on their pass defense as it was the glaring need.

Regarding missed field goals you are making my point for me: thank you.  Mariota cant score 6– he has to rely on field goals. See my original post about how I’m confident when Tannehill gets inside the 20 he’ll score 6. I think he’s 100% red zone efficiency right now. 

Mariots had 1 td called back during that time because he clearly crossed over the line of scrimmage. The other two were holding calls on run plays if I remember correctly. 

Even if I were to grant you that, that’s still 24 vs 50 points. That’s still double the points under Tannehill. 

Tannehill has shown he can stay in the pocket and make decisive throws.

I agree that the next two weeks will tell us a lot.

1 hour ago, Titansgoodluck said:

Like when we beat the Patriots?

You're still living off of wins from last year bro? He was good in some isolated games and no one denies that but what you continue to deny is that he was never consistently good and many times he was down-right bad. There is a reason his stats from last year look the way they look. It's just like this year. You can hang your hat on Atlanta but he was average against the Browns, below average against the Colts, horrendous vs the Jags, completely impotent vs the Bills, and so shitty against that Broncos that his own coaching staff finally gave up on him. Be honest with yourself, and put aside the fact that you don't like how the posters on this board talk shit about him; Do you really think Mariota deserved to keep starting for this team? You really can't see how/why he was hurting the offense? Stop letting your dislike for posters on here cloud you from seeing what is obvious. Mariota used to be pretty good and we all had hope for him but now he is really bad and deserved to be benched. 

Edited by Mythos27

2 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

You're still living off of wins from last year bro? He was good in some isolated games and no one denies that but what you continue to deny is that he was never consistently good and many times he was down-right bad. There is a reason his stats from last year look the way they look. It's just like this year. You can hang your hat on Atlanta but he was average against the Browns, below average against the Colts, horrendous vs the Jags, completely impotent vs the Bills, and so shitty against that Broncos that his own coaching staff finally gave up on him. Be honest with yourself, and put aside the fact that you don't like how the posters on this board talk shit about him; Do you really think Mariota deserved to keep starting for this team? You really can't see how/why he was hurting the offense? Stop letting your dislike for posters on here cloud you from seeing what is obvious. Mariota used to be pretty good and we all had hope for him but now he is really bad and deserved to be benched. 

Im pointing out facts.

You still pointing out performances against bottom feeding defenses?