Who Feels Comfortable with this Offense?

Titansgoodluck

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We don't utilize Henry on the Edge enough. Too much of this smash-mouth bull that our OLine is incapable of making happen.   Think last years 99 yard run v. Jacksonville and that screen pass

Overall @Titansgoodluck is just a troll trying to argue for Mariota because he's still in his feelings about it. Don't fall for it.

Its an improvement. 

2 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

Weren’t you Gung-Ho yesterday that constant the runs up the middle against the #1 run defense we’re fine? 

and you realize that 11 of the 36 passes were on one drive. So they averaged 12 passes per half outside of a single drive that they were forced to pass during. 

That's how it works sometimes.  You have a long drive with more of one thing than the other of course that's going to help skew the numbers.

I mentioned this yesterday but no one seems to be even picking up on this with this so called "run heavy game plan" that the Titans didn't feature.  How many times have we seen over the years the Titans get into goal to goal situations and proceed to run once or twice setting up a 3rd down.  Well yesterday they twice had goal to goal situations coming off of turnovers and you know what they did?  Threw the ball every single time.  I was so happy they did that and it's definitely impacting the way I felt about how yesterday went from a playcalling perspective.  

2 minutes ago, h4t said:

I'm just referring to the drive after we went up 27-23

Okay that's one drive.  The thought process, whether you agree with it or not, is they could move the ball on the ground, kill clock and put the game away.  It's actually what Vrabel tried to do by doing what he did on 4th and short.  It didn't work out but I think that's what he was thinking.

Let's suppose they had picked up 4th and 2.  You run another 2-3 minutes off the clock or force TB to use all their TOs.  That's what they were trying to do.  It didn't work.  It doesn't make the game plan "run heavy."

6 minutes ago, Titansgoodluck said:

Yet with worse O Line play he put up more points. Next.

Mariota beat Cleveland where they had almost 200 yards in penalties and still suck and Atlanta. The oline was in worse shape yesterday. We had Kelly playing guard. The reason why you think the Oline is playing better is because the ball is coming out quicker. 

10 minutes ago, scine09 said:

That's how it works sometimes.  You have a long drive with more of one thing than the other of course that's going to help skew the numbers.

I mentioned this yesterday but no one seems to be even picking up on this with this so called "run heavy game plan" that the Titans didn't feature.  How many times have we seen over the years the Titans get into goal to goal situations and proceed to run once or twice setting up a 3rd down.  Well yesterday they twice had goal to goal situations coming off of turnovers and you know what they did?  Threw the ball every single time.  I was so happy they did that and it's definitely impacting the way I felt about how yesterday went from a playcalling perspective.  

Yeah because they couldn’t run it at all. I’m happy they threw in the RZ but they had the defense get them there. When they actually had to drive the field they constantly tried to run to set up the pass against the #1 run defense in the NFL and the worst passing D. Constantly forcing themselves into 3rd and long outside of one drive where they were forced to throw because they were behind. You are literally the only person on here, Twitter, or Reddit that I have seen that feels this way. Professional film reviewers, beat writers, podcasters, and analysts included. 

6 minutes ago, Dinx81 said:

Mariota beat Cleveland where they had almost 200 yards in penalties and still suck and Atlanta. The oline was in worse shape yesterday. We had Kelly playing guard. The reason why you think the Oline is playing better is because the ball is coming out quicker. 

The O Line yesterday was worse than the 1st 4 games. Just stop.

7 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

Yeah because they couldn’t run it at all. I’m happy they threw in the RZ but they had the defense get them there. When they actually had to drive the field they constantly tried to run to set up the pass against the #1 run defense in the NFL and the worst passing D. Constantly forcing themselves into 3rd and long outside of one drive where they were forced to throw because they were behind. You are literally the only person on here, Twitter, or Reddit that I have seen that feels this way. Professional film reviewers, beat writers, podcasters, and analysts included. 

What are you talking about?  It was their 2nd and 4th drives of the entire game.  The first one had a total of 1 run and the 3rd one they had a 34 yard run.

I'm not seeing what you're all seeing.  Sorry.  If this was run heavy you'd have seen them try to pound the Bucs in the red zone.  Again, that's not what happened.