ESPN: Where will Mariota be next year?

scine09

1 minute ago, scine09 said:

Did you spend it with him?

You know absolutely nothing about what he worked on.  Sure it's possible he didn't do anything.  But it's also possible he worked to improve.  Again, you have no way of knowing what he did or didn't do and whether he enjoys his job or not.

I do know someone who knows him a bit. He told me it wouldn't surprise him at all if he retired. Like I said, family and god are by far his priority. 

Again, I'd say 70% chance he retires once the Titans don't try to resign him. You have to love football to be a backup. Not sure he could start for any team that's decent in the NFL. IMO, he doesn't have the heart. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's not about that. Even Locker could've signed as a backup somewhere. I think a lot of people - myself included - are starting to believe Mariota will simply walk away.

If he's not here he'll probably be in Foxboro.

2 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Did you spend it with him?

You know absolutely nothing about what he worked on.  Sure it's possible he didn't do anything.  But it's also possible he worked to improve.  Again, you have no way of knowing what he did or didn't do and whether he enjoys his job or not.

Pretty apparent how much or how little he did to improve had zero effects.  He’s the same guy he’s been only now more and more people are coming to grips with it.

4 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Pretty apparent how much or how little he did to improve had zero effects.  He’s the same guy he’s been only now more and more people are coming to grips with it.

I'm as down on him as I've ever been.  I think he's regressed.  It doesn't mean he's not trying, however...

5 minutes ago, Supdawg said:

I do know someone who knows him a bit. He told me it wouldn't surprise him at all if he retired. Like I said, family and god are by far his priority. 

Again, I'd say 70% chance he retires once the Titans don't try to resign him. You have to love football to be a backup. Not sure he could start for any team that's decent in the NFL. IMO, he doesn't have the heart. 

Again, you're making a baseless claim.

I'm not saying it's not possible.  

15 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I'm as down on him as I've ever been.  I think he's regressed.  It doesn't mean he's not trying, however...

Most aren’t saying he isn’t trying. It’s just that he’s in more of a stick it out through the year mentality rather than a “trying to be a Super Bowl winning qb” mentality.

8 minutes ago, Thrill said:

Most aren’t saying he isn’t trying. It’s just that he’s in more of a stick it out through the year mentality rather than a “trying to be a Super Bowl winning qb” mentality.

He's definitely conservative.  But we knew that when he was drafted.

1 hour ago, Soxcat said:

Assume he eventually gets benched for real bad play and Tannehill lights it up.  Nobody wants Mariota but a line is created for Tannehill.

If Mariota survives the season but still doesn't play well enough to be a starter he might not have much of a future.

Certainly he might be given a chance as a backup or something.  Still too injury prone IMO.  Staying healthy so far, we think, is about all he has done right so far this year.

This is how overboard this board has gotten. Now arguing that he won't even be able to get a backup job. 

3 minutes ago, ap24786 said:

This is how overboard this board has gotten. Now arguing that he won't even be able to get a backup job. 

Man he could still get a one year stop gap job if Case Keenum and Fitzpatrick can get them. But it’s going to be in awful situations. His best bet is to be a back up in Philly or somewhere like that and make 5 million dollars to sit on the bench with a chance to come in and be a hero like Nick Foles was.

Edited by Thrill

52 minutes ago, Bink said:

I always thought if Mariota will be elsewhere New England would be the best fit, putting him in the ultimate system. 

Yep. If things don't work out for him here there wouldn't be a better place for him to go to reboot his career. Sitting behind Brady for a year or two, coached up by Belichick. Plus, maybe being closer to the MIT and Harvard environment he'd feel more at home instead of down here in the redneck capital.