Week 1 Cleveland Browns Discussion

AussieTitanFan08

Spain and Klein suck but we need to be comparing them to Pamphile who sucks or Davis who we haven’t seen yet really. 

Maybe when Davis takes over later in the season we’ll feel better about RG. Right now it seems it was inadequately addressed. 

Edited by Titans279

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a Buckeye Fan, I love Coach Vrabel and wish him luck and success unless it’s against the Browns.  I think this game could be a preview of a playoff game.     Having seen the latest Browns

Joel = chicken Oman = dog

Just now, Titans279 said:

Spain and Klein suck but we need to be comparing them to Pamphile or Davis.

Maybe when Davis takes over later in the season we’ll feel better about RG. Right now it seems it was inadequately addresses. 

I agree that it was inadequately addressed. But one thing is the line overall is a lot bigger in general with Pamphile at RG over Kline, so that's something. Floyd Reese said one of the biggest problems with the line was how small they were overall in combination with also being unathletic as a group. 

Now (per Cosell anyway), the OL is unathletic but at least huge!

19 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

Marcus shouldn't be throwing shade at anyone.  He couldn't even get the proper technique and footwork down after lafluer spent countless hours at it.  What else was he supposed to do?

Did he?  Were you at practice?  Did someone tell you this?

2 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Did he?  Were you at practice?  Did someone tell you this?

He’s talking about the radio interview in that tweet. 

He essentially said LaFleur tried to put him in a box while Smith is letting him be himself. 

1 minute ago, Titans279 said:

He’s talking about the radio interview in that tweet. 

He essentially said LaFleur tried to put him in a box while Smith is letting him be himself. 

I wasn't referring to the radio interview.  I was referring to a baseless claim that ABC made.

Just now, abc2330 said:

Cosell said he knew that lafluer worked with him at correcting his technique, and that he struggled with it.  Not that difficult to see

Mariota's failures aside, doesn't really matter what your QB is doing when you're so hellbent on calling so many runs on 2nd and long, which might be something you say is because he doesn't trust Mariota, but he's apparently carried that same play calling over to Green Bay, at least through the preseason(which means all of jack shit, I understand, but when it's a carried over mentality from the previous regular season, you do start to worry).

Aaron Rodgers thought he was finally going to get a coach he didn't have to carry with his greatness. He's in for a doozy.

What people don't seem to understand is in this Shanahan and McVay coaching tree is that their offenses are built on running the football. Mike Shanahan made so many running backs look great with his play calling and ZBS in Denver. Kyle Shanahan has continued that to a degree, and McVay has put his own spin on it. LaFluer seems to understand the importance of the run game like those coaches did, but seems to have no clue when or how to use the run game effectively.

1 minute ago, scine09 said:

I wasn't referring to the radio interview.  I was referring to a baseless claim that ABC made.

Oh, I see now. 

I guess we do know Mariota didn’t get the footwork down though.

He’s just not going to be that kind of player who’s perfect from a technical standpoint. 

1 minute ago, Titans279 said:

Oh, I see now. 

I guess we do know Mariota didn’t get the footwork down though.

He’s just not going to be that kind of player who’s perfect from a technical standpoint. 

The thing is is sometimes his footwork is real good.  I'll reference a pass he threw last year to Taylor, against the Chargers, where the footwork was excellent.  And then he gets lazy with the footwork.

At this point it'll probably be the norm.

Edited by scine09

1 minute ago, scine09 said:

The thing is is sometimes his footwork is real good.  I'll reference a pass he threw last year to Taylor, against the Chargers, where the footwork was excellent.  And then he gets lazy with the footwork.

At this point it'll probably be the norm.

Players don't generally have drastic changes beyond their 1st to 2nd year leaps, and in Mariota's case he's been pretty much the same guy since year 1. He is who he is at this point.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic