Why our Uniforms Suck

TerryBoats

I thought to myself that AJ Brown was the first player to actually make the uniforms look good.  I assumed that it was his physique or his shades.  But now I see an issue with design of the uniforms...

It's that damn font.  The numbers are so disproportionate that I'm sure AJ Brown jumped at his first opportunity to don a jersey with two consecutive 1s.

There will always be a difference in the amount of space that certain digits occupy (no pun intended).  But it isn't quite as jarring as what we're seeing with ours.

Notice the Byard jerseys.  The 3 definitely occupies more space in the original, but it doesn't exactly stand out in comparison.

1122162042_download(2).jpeg.ae5649f54bc306236640eb0ff68c7188.jpeg

Now look at this monstrosity.

842061162_download(3).jpeg.51a193dabe7a373e53f91f587dac93b6.jpeg

That 3 literally occupies like 4x the space of the 1.

Brown probably realized that the 8 was going to take up way more real estate , and take the focus away from him.  Or what is apparently a pretty solid color scheme.

They really need to make these numbers more proportionate, or change the style.  The 1s look good.  Just about everything else is ass

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Agreed! We need some long, thick, brown, veiny numbers to assert numerical dominance!

Uniforms look like the team's record.  Win a couple of SB and they will be a best seller.

I thought to myself that AJ Brown was the first player to actually make the uniforms look good.  I assumed that it was his physique or his shades.  But now I see an issue with design of the uniforms..

Posted Images

8 hours ago, titanruss said:

I actually agree with this critique. 

You can can still get the Greek font feel but with a different number style than the one we chose

I don't agree with this point of view. It isn't greek...they seem to be traced by a 12 year old.

The greek style, is in the logo, in the embroided patches. The numbers doesn't have to be greek-ish styled nessesarly.

4 hours ago, TitanicoNFLriotFAN said:

I don't agree with this point of view. It isn't greek...they seem to be traced by a 12 year old.

The greek style, is in the logo, in the embroided patches. The numbers doesn't have to be greek-ish styled nessesarly.

I’m not saying you have to have it. I’m just saying that if you want that Greek style lettering... there’s was a way it could be more visually appealing 

Edited by titanruss

This font was a good business decision. Go with the weak font with the new look unis. Everyone buys them regardless. Then in a couple of years go with more traditional numbers and people have to buy them again. Strunk’s gotta get out of this minority ownership somehow!