Surrender: Trump Expected to Endorse Deal to End Shutdown

9 Nines

2 hours ago, Legaltitan said:

That is true, but I believe it is very unlikely McConnell allows the government to be shut down again. Not saying it can't or won't happen because the days of absolutes are over in this era, but I think this is a capitulation to McConnell more than anything. There's a reason McConnell was not going to allow the funding bills to go to the floor. He wasn't going to bail Trump out. 

Now he can say they tried it Trump's way, and it didn't work.

I foresee a deal over increased border security of some sort.

I think it'll go the emergency route or the not-a-wall border control pivot.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sox you can scream and rant and rave and lose your mind over "libs" and "demons" all day long, but many Americans, well more than 50%, and plenty who are not liberal at all, do not trust this presiden

lol if I am reading this right, it is the EXACT SAME FUCKING DEAL (other than maybe length of time?) that Democrats and Republicans - and President Dipshit, initially - agreed to in December. You know

Breaking News!!!                 Putin is suing Nancy Pelosi for sole custody of President Trump. 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Legaltitan said:

That is true, but I believe it is very unlikely McConnell allows the government to be shut down again. Not saying it can't or won't happen because the days of absolutes are over in this era, but I think this is a capitulation to McConnell more than anything. There's a reason McConnell was not going to allow the funding bills to go to the floor. He wasn't going to bail Trump out. 

There is no way they will shut the government down again. My guess is the 3 weeks will pass and nothing happens. 

I'd guess the Republicans would pass a veto proof bill if Trump tries to shut it down again 

3 minutes ago, ctm said:

So which was the worst day for Trump.  The day he sucked off Putin on the stage in Helsinki or today when Pelosi castrated him?

Helsinki.  What he did to our intel community who put their lives on the line, to side with a thug in Putin who's treats Russia like his mob business was unforgivable, imo.  And the world saw that and said, damn.  Russia owns the USA.

7 minutes ago, ctm said:

So which was the worst day for Trump.  The day he sucked off Putin on the stage in Helsinki or today when Pelosi castrated him?

Today's way worse.  He spent a month and a half saying that he was going to do something and he ended up looking like a horse's ass.

Hannity's making too damn much money to let his sheeple think he's wrong on the prez.  ever. LOL "the president has a kind heart" good lord.

Speaking on his radio show after Trump made the announcement at the White House, Hannity took a wait-and-see approach to news that Trump agreed to a three-week funding deal without money for a border wall.

“Some of you say ‘He didn’t get any money for the wall,' ” Hannity said on his radio show in a clip first reported by Mediaite. “No he didn’t, but he’s going to.”

Hannity noted that the deal Trump accepted Friday had been in the works for weeks, and that Democrats have been “begging to get an opportunity to fix the problem.”

Trump proposed a deal last week that included offering to extend protections for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals recipients and some temporary protection status holders in exchange for $5.7 billion for a border wall, though the proposal was quickly rejected by Democrats.

“The left-wing media will say it’s a win,” Hannity said of Friday's deal to reopen for three weeks the quarter of the government that has been closed since Dec. 22.

But he noted that Trump could allow another shutdown when the deadline arrives next month, or if a deal does not emerge he could declare a national emergency to circumvent Congress to build a wall, as the president suggested Friday.

“I think the president also kind of has a heart,” Hannity said. “He knows that this is tough on a lot of the furloughed workers.”