Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
9 Nines

Surrender: Trump Expected to Endorse Deal to End Shutdown

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Little Earl said:

Democrats are utterly wrong not to fund part of the wall.   There are some areas that absolutely need it, while other areas that could do without.   Every border agent or former agent i have talked to has said the same thing.

Was it utterly wrong for Republicans not to fund the wall when they had control of the House, Senate and White House for two years?

Edited by Btowner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Little Earl said:

Democrats are utterly wrong not to fund part of the wall.   There are some areas that absolutely need it, while other areas that could do without.   Every border agent or former agent i have talked to has said the same thing.

Duh they don’t wanna work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually if a lib was smart, which most of you aren't, you would use this opportunity to get DACA and some other stuff you want as a compromise.  Yet we have brain dead Dem leaders you guys butt lick.  A smart person would want border security, would actually want the "EXPERTS" to decide what we need (and they want a wall in high traffic areas), and would want DACA and some other more liberal or moderate issues settled.  Only a complete idiot doesn't understand this has gone on for decades and it is about time we fixed it.   

Edited by Soxcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Actually if a lib was smart, which most of you aren't, you would use this opportunity to get DACA and some other stuff you want as a compromise.  Yet we have brain dead Dem leaders you guys butt lick.  A smart person would want border security, would actually want the "EXPERTS" to decide what we need (and they want a wall in high traffic areas), and would want DACA and some other more liberal or moderate issues settled.  Only a complete idiot doesn't understand this has gone on for decades and it is about time we fixed it.   

Except we don't want a stupid waste of money fucking wall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Trump were smart, he wouldn't have said on Friday that on Feb 15th that if he doesn't get his wall that he will either shut down the government again or declare a national emergency.  Neither of which will work out well and make him look weak once again.  He's doubling down to his conservative base.  Prepare to be humiliated once again if he follows through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ctm said:

If Trump were smart, he wouldn't have said on Friday that on Feb 15th that if he doesn't get his wall that he will either shut down the government again or declare a national emergency.  Neither of which will work out well and make him look weak once again.  He's doubling down to his conservative base.  Prepare to be humiliated once again if he follows through.

McConnell has pretty much said there isn't going to be another shutdown

 

How stupid will Trump look if his own party turns on him Feb 15th and overrides him?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

McConnell has pretty much said there isn't going to be another shutdown

 

How stupid will Trump look if his own party turns on him Feb 15th and overrides him?

 

 

I think Trump's veto of any border security/immigration bill on Feb. 15th is effectively neutered.  He just can't use it to shut down the government again.

 

The question then becomes will senate republicans dare to filibuster a House bill passed by Pelosi.  If they do and funding lapses again, then the shutdown is on them.  If they are hesitant to use the filibuster, then the power to shape the bill goes to Pelosi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ctm said:

  If they do and funding lapses again, then the shutdown is on them. 

Senators who are up in 2020 will have hell to pay if people don't get paid again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Senators who are up in 2020 will have hell to pay if people don't get paid again

There’s no way repub senators can weather another shutdown. They’ll tell Trump: look, we tried in your way with the last minute shutdown and now we look like chumps. You gotta stop storming the palace with 20% of the electorate. The 2020 path to maintain senate control  can’t take another hit like this. You’re on your own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Titans279 said:

If Trump declares a national emergency it'll get challenged in the courts. 

 

Even if it eventually survives a challenge it would likely be after his first term. 

 

If it does go through Trump has just opened a giant can of worms that can be exploited by the Democrats to enact some of their pet policies, or by someone in the future who is really looking for a way to nefariously circumvent congress due to an "emergency."

This. Republicans are playing with fire. They won’t be in power forever. If they go this route, they will be pissed when a dem uses it to his advantage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



Titans Report Footer Logo

Titans Report is a fan operated website for the Tennessee Titans. The site includes a message board, blog, podcast, organized fantasy games,and a mobile site. The podcast has had on many prominent members of the media covering the Titans. Some names include John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessee Titans official website, Paul Kuharsky of 104.5 The Zone, Phillip B. Wilson of the Indy Star, Jonathan Hutton of the Titans Radio Network, Sal Capaccio of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network, Scott Wright of Draft Countdown, and others.

Official Website

Kuharsky's Blog

ESPN NFL Nation

104.5 The Zone

102.5 The Game

TITANSLINKS

×
×
  • Create New...