Jonboy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright, @tgo...it's your time!  

Fucking hire Kubiak.   Here’s my new list:    1. Kubiak 2. Kubiak 3. Kubiak 4. Kubiak 5. Kubiak

Posted Images

If Kubiak does refuse to add modern NFL concepts to his offense that seems like it'd be a deal breaker though. Vrabel clearly leaned that way last OC search because frome a defensive coach's standpoint he knows the new wrinkles are hard to defend.

Kubiak would pretty much deserve complete autonomy too and I feel like Vrabel is too much of a micromanager.

Edited by Titans279

18 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

If Kubiak does refuse to add modern NFL concepts to his offense that seems like it'd be a deal breaker though. Vrabel clearly leaned that way last OC search because frome a defensive coach's standpoint he knows the new wrinkles are hard to defend.

Kubiak would pretty much deserve complete autonomy too and I feel like Vrabel is too much of a micromanager.

That would be a massive mistake by Vrabel if that’s the reason we don’t hire him. If anything we need to go the other route with MM and see what he is as a true passer. 

32 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Agreed. And I doubt Vrabel would let 2 or 3 assistants be dictated to him. 

21 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

That would be a massive mistake by Vrabel if that’s the reason we don’t hire him. If anything we need to go the other route with MM and see what he is as a true passer. 

I'd love to be wrong, but I don't think I am.

@tgo& @scine09 I know you guys felt the same, but I felt some, I don't know if tension is the right word, but LaFleur never seemed to be Vrabel's guy.  I have no evidence of this obviously, there was just sort of a weird air to their relationship. Vrabel clearly overstepped LaFleur early on but I think that was just as much about the learning process for him & feeling his way around as a HC. But I also don't think he 100% trusted MLF right off the bat. The offense clearly opened up the 2nd half of the year when it seemed Vrabel backed off a bit.

With that said, I always considered LaFleur to be a JRob hire. He definitely ran it by Vrabel but he was never interviewed as an OC, by Vrabel,

6 hours ago, Justafan said:

I understand his hesitation...  especially if it is someone within their conference or they may not offer play-calling duties as part of the package.  Why should he let these teams poach his staff unless it is an actual significant step up for them.  Some of those guys you can replace and some you can't.  

It's a bit harsh that he won't let a single guy interview. Then again good for him. These guys have to worry about their own teams & winning, you can't appease every young guy. If they're good enough they'll most likely get a shot in a year or two.

I was actually thinking, it may sound ridiculous, but is this maybe an attempt to keep the job hopping in check? It really hinders teams to hire people that leave every year or two. You have LaFleur leaving & now the Titans may have to give Marcus his 5th playbook & now LaFleur is trying to raid his friends staffs. Is this possibly a message of sorts?

I can also see HC's asking for 2 year guarantees going forward, like Urban Meyer. 

1 minute ago, Face said:

It's a bit harsh that he won't let a single guy interview. Then again good for him. These guys have to worry about their own teams & winning, you can't appease every young guy. If they're good enough they'll most likely get a shot in a year or two.

I was actually thinking, it may sound ridiculous, but is this maybe an attempt to keep the job hopping in check? It really hinders teams to hire people that leave every year or two. You have LaFleur leaving & now the Titans may have to give Marcus his 5th playbook & now LaFleur is trying to raid his friends staffs. Is this possibly a message of sorts?

I can also see HC's asking for 2 year guarantees going forward, like Urban Meyer. 

It is a bit harsh but I get it.  As far as a message, maybe.  IDK but I get dudes being tired of these new coaches raiding their staffs just for the guy to make basically a lateral move.  That's gotta get real old real quick. 

18 minutes ago, charleytolar said:

All this quiet, patient confidence from the Titans FO.. which OC candidate still in the playoffs have solid, solid connections with JRob or Vrabel-- the kind that doesn't require an interview?

The only coach that even comes close is Shane Waldron. 

19 minutes ago, charleytolar said:

All this quiet, patient confidence from the Titans FO.. which OC candidate still in the playoffs have solid, solid connections with JRob or Vrabel-- the kind that doesn't require an interview?

Why do you think the Titans aren't interviewing anyone? Nothing leaves the building without JR and MV wanting it to get out.