Mariota Injury Rumors

tgo

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since this was mentioned, I figure we could all watch this again and laugh.

How would that be a clue he was injured?

Could be the entire arm.    @Bongo59   What's the scoop Bongo, I heard Mariota may have to get his arm amputated - what are you hearing?

2 minutes ago, 8MM said:

Why is it that when oman says it it's funny?  You not so much.  Are you missing a funny bone?

I didn't see Oman's post.  I think it's less funny when I say it because you can laugh that Oman is just poking fun.  When I say it, you think Damn, this ain't a joke.  He has actually been throwing wobbly slow passes.

1 minute ago, Number9 said:

I was going to ask if you would start profiling QBs, then I saw Flacco's name.  Why is his name in the post?

Drew Lock is the only QB I would take first round unless the Georgia kid can come out but I think he is only a sophomore. 

Terrible QB year. 

Just sit Marcus this week and bring him out against Jax with a healthy Lewan and hopefully Conklin as well. 

Lets not forget this staff is heavily invested in MM and that’s why they were brought in. 

They arent going to risk him getting hurt in week 2 when there are 14 more games. Especially without his LT and RT against that front 7. Just idiotic to do so. 

They will bring him out week 3 with a healthy OL and elbow and he will start the rest of the year. 

I dont see a controversy. I see the coaches being smart. 

Their success is tied to Mariotas. They aren’t going to jeopardize it 14 days into their season. 

3 minutes ago, Kyle021 said:

Drew Lock is the only QB I would take first round unless the Georgia kid can come out but I think he is only a sophomore. 

Terrible QB year. 

Just sit Marcus this week and bring him out against Jax with a healthy Lewan and hopefully Conklin as well. 

Lets not forget this staff is heavily invested in MM and that’s why they were brought in. 

They arent going to risk him getting hurt in week 2 when there are 14 more games. Especially without his LT and RT against that front 7. Just idiotic to do so. 

They will bring him out week 3 with a healthy OL and elbow and he will start the rest of the year. 

I dont see a controversy. I see the coaches being smart. 

Their success is tied to Mariotas. They aren’t going to jeopardize it 14 days into their season. 

Lock is inaccurate.  Stidham from auburn is better.

4 hours ago, Kyle021 said:

We actually may be in the QB department this offseason... I forget. Did we exercise his 5 year option?

I see us trading up for a QB or Flacco if this continues. 

I wouldnt play play him this week. Just sit him out and have him return next week with Lewan

WTF man??? Flacco sucks and is owed a ton of cash.  Titans would never do that.

I can't speak to Marcus' situation...but I can tell my own experience with ulnar nerve issues.

Several years ago, I had entrapment/compression of the ulnar nerve in my left elbow that affected the ring- and pinky-fingers on my left hand.   In my case, it wasn't due to a specific impact or trauma...it was a repetitive-stress issue, similar to carpal tunnel syndrome.   (Probably caused by years of resting my elbow on the car door while driving;  apparently it's also a common issue with professional truck drivers for the same reason.)

In my case, it wasn't just numbness....touching anything with my ring or pinkie created a pronounced pins-and-needles sensation, as if my fingers had completely gone to sleep.   It wasn't exactly painful, per se.....but it was extremely uncomfortable and rendered my left hand virtually useless.    I had to type one-handed and stopped playing music almost entirely for several months.

I tried various stretching exercises for a couple months, but eventually ended up having surgery to release the pressure on the compressed nerve, which resulted in immediate and noticeable improvement.    The pins and needles feeling was gone....and within a week or so, I had full functionality of my left hand.

It's just a matter of the severity of the nerve issue and the symptoms.   I can certainly see Marcus' accuracy and control being affected if there's numbness and lack of feeling in those two fingers .   But if he's having the issues I experienced with sharp pins-and-needles in his throwing hand....the simple act of picking up and holding a ball at all will be a significant challenge.