Two Tone Crew Podcast Update

Jonboy

I know some of you have been wondering when the next show is going to hit considering there hasn't been a show for FA or the draft. Unfortunately, we aren't sure when (or if) it will happen. We are currently evaluating the direction we'd like to take the podcast. The show is over 6 years old now and we've recorded more than 150 episodes. My life has changed quite dramatically since we first started this thing. I simply don't have the time I once did to devote to planning, recording, editing, and promoting the show.

When we first started, my vision was to have a rotating panel of hosts from TR. Not a huge amount, but I think a rotating group of 6-8 people would have been ideal. This board exists because of the strong personalities and dedicated fans we have here. I was hoping to bring a little of that to the podcast. Unfortunately, that proved way more difficult than I ever expected.

@TitansGuru, @Jamalisms, and myself were there from the beginning and it was mainly us for quite some time. Guru's job eventually got to the point where he had to take a step back. So the past few years, @OILERMAN has stepped-in to fill that 3rd chair. Aside from that group, we really haven't been able to find any other consistent hosts to rotate in/out. Some of you have been on the show a few times, but it has been hard to find anyone willing to commit long-term. There are several posters here who've turned down multiple opportunities over the years...and I say that not to call anyone out, but just to illustrate how hard it can be to get someone for even one episode. 

We've already scaled things back pretty dramatically from what we used to do. We don't really seek out and push for interviews anymore, only do a handful of shows during the offseason, and then one episode per week during the season. I know it doesn't seem like much on the outside, but there's a lot more work that goes on behind the scenes to publish even one episode. Part of me regrets this because I feel like this community podcast has the ability to be the best Titans podcast out there. I just personally can't go all out like that anymore due to my "real-world" responsibilities. 

I know this may not be what you all wanted to hear, but I at least wanted to let everyone know what is going on so you aren't left wondering when the next show will be. If you have any experience hosting a podcast/youtube show/audio editing/etc. or if it's something you'd like to consider, shoot me a PM and we can talk. In a perfect world, I would love to be able to take a step back from the show and see someone take over with the passion and time to take this show to new heights.

Any new host would have to be approved by Guru, of course (since he owns the site). In the meantime, Jamal, Scotty, and I will keep talking about other ideas about how to keep things going.

• Jonboy pinned this topic
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Jonboy, thank you for being a reliable and driving force behind one of the things I am most proud of about this place. In addition to being a steady, knowledgeable, and reliable Titans voice who, alo

Also he’ll start a thread about how he and @TitansGuru have decided to join forces and start a new messageboard over at jonboy.com killing this one in the process without letting anyone know. We’ll al

Titantez and Jake should absolutely be the new hosts. 

I wouldn't mind doing something for the London game week, considering I'm one of the few British Titans fans on this forum. I seem to remember wanting to be on at one point but I think you record it quite late in terms of British time (like 2am or something) so that's probably why I have only been on once to shit on the Lewan pick for being so boring (yeah I was wrong on that).

But I definitely hope you can keep putting out a podcast, even at least semi-regularly. It is the best Titans content out there and you do a great job.

Edited by THE_TITAN

@Jonboy Thanks for all the work you've put into this thing.  I've enjoyed your thoughts as well as @Jamalisms and @OILERMAN for years.  The proper reaction, I think, is to not be judgemental or even disappointed that you no longer can fill that role but rather to be grateful for all the enrichment all of you have given to the site.  The site is better because of contributions from the podcast and because of the insight of passionate fans like yourselves.  

I would be down to do shows weekly or Bi-weekly. I might be a little too volatile or prone to argument though. Would make for an entertaining time I think, at least as a rotational guy seeing as I basically sit in the middle of Oman and Jamal philosophically.