Lewis vs Henry

OILERMAN

2 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

And why another guy was signed. And Henry won't like it. He thought he was just handed the bell cow job.

Repeating myself for the others who replied to me, Henry doesn't strike me as a head down and grind, let it all work out guy (like Lewis). Henry doesn't want a competition, fundamentally doesn't accept that it's warranted and he won't let it slide to be thankful for opportunities... which is the mentality this staff wants. Henry will chafe at the introduction of a new obstacle (and one better suited this offense) just as Murray is finally gone.

It's a personality misfit. He doesn't view himself as an interchangeable cog. He thinks he's the engine. I'm pretty convinced on this and only time will tell. That Soxcat disagrees basically guarantees I'm right.

Henry likely won't get a second contract here and as I've said from the beginning isn't a philosophical fit from a personality standpoint. 

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not enough is being made of the fact Lewis is a much better runner than Henry. Yes he's a better pass blocker and pass catcher but in terms of consistently getting yards running the ball he's been as

I hate we're already setting up a Henry vs Lewis narrative. Rather than just enjoy watching the ways the coaches use these guys for the benefit of the team both sides will just be watching to talk shi

10 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

All this is bullshit.  Again, making Lewis out to be Gale Fing Sayers and Henry out to being a 2nd tier RB.

My comments were less about Lewis than they were about Henry. Henry has size and good top end speed...and that's about it. He has no lateral quickness and slow acceleration. This is not even arguable...and that limits his effectiveness.

10 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Sonow JRob is going to look for guys that don't mind losing playing time?  Yea, find a guy with 28 TDs and 2100 yards out of his last year of college that just want to sit on the bench and not complain.  That is the type of guy we want? Like I said before Henry won't have much of a complaint if the guy in front of him is playing well.  I'm sure any player would think it sucked if he was 2nd fiddle to a guy who is sucking it up. 

My biggest problem is just that he seems more selfish than most guys on the team and is also dumber than most. He was the only player not here for workouts last offseason and didn't communicate with the staff at all. 

Out of the top 53 guys on the team right now, one of them is not like the others. 

I personally think it'll be a 50/50 split this year basically, which is the way it should be. 

But I just don't think Henry is part of the team's long term plans. 

Edited by tgo

4 minutes ago, TF_Titan said:

My comments were less about Lewis than they were about Henry. Henry has size and good top end speed...and that's about it. He has no lateral quickness and slow acceleration. This is not even arguable...and that limits his effectiveness.

That's completely idiotic.  How many runs did he successfully bounce to the outside?  And Sports Science measured his acceleration and force of impact greater than any player in that draft, regardless of position.  

Edited by abc2330

22 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

And why another guy was signed. And Henry won't like it. He thought he was just handed the bell cow job.

Repeating myself for the others who replied to me, Henry doesn't strike me as a head down and grind, let it all work out guy (like Lewis). Henry doesn't want a competition, fundamentally doesn't accept that it's warranted and he won't let it slide to be thankful for opportunities... which is the mentality this staff wants. Henry will chafe at the introduction of a new obstacle (and one better suited this offense) just as Murray is finally gone.

It's a personality misfit. He doesn't view himself as an interchangeable cog. He thinks he's the engine. I'm pretty convinced on this and only time will tell. That Soxcat disagrees basically guarantees I'm right.

This goes against all his previous history. You don't go to Alabama when you have your choice of many lesser programs if your goal is to shy away from competition. This is  a guy who thought he would be the strongest guy on the AL squad and when he got into their weight room and saw Olinemen outlifting him stayed in the room until he was their equal or exceeded them.

Edited by No1TitansFan

3 minutes ago, tgo said:

My biggest problem is just that he seems more selfish than most guys on the team and is also dumber than most. He was the only player not here for workouts last offseason and didn't communicate with the staff at all. 

Out of the top 53 guys on the team right now, one of them is not like the others. 

I personally think it'll be a 50/50 split this year basically, which is the way it should be. 

But I just don't think Henry is part of the team's long term plans. 

I don't know if Henry is in the long term plans either, but I guess I don't have as much problem with him demanding the ball. Its a fine line between being selfish and a diva. I don't think Henry's a diva, but you have to be at least somewhat selfish if you're a skill player imo. So I don't mind it as much. I want Henry to want the ball. I wish Davis would do that more.

23 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Well I actually watch the guy play and he plays with great vision and is very agile for a guy that weighs 250 pounds.  He is also about as fast through the hole when he makes his mind up as anyone.  It is dumbass BS because we signed another RB. 

Why include that stipulation when you're trying to make it seem like he is just as agile as all the smaller guys who are known for their shiftyness aka Lewis.

I think Henry will get around 200-250 carries and Lewis will get about 100-150 but will probably get like 40-50 catches. I think it's silly to think Lewis will be our work horse. Hopefully lefleur can design some two back sets for both of them to be on display.

The premise of this thread is just silly. Lewis was not brought in here to be a bell cow type back. He was brought in here to be our Kamara. The guy who'll carry the ball 5-7 times a game and be active in the passing game.

Come on, Oman. Surely you can see this.

EDIT... or what @Thrill said.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

7 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Why include that stipulation when you're trying to make it seem like he is just as agile as all the smaller guys who are known for their shiftyness aka Lewis.

Is agility really the only quality of a RB?  If we had a smaller, shifty back, they would have been in IR with all of these stacked boxes they'd have to endure. 

You can clearly see defenders trying to avoid contact with Henry in the 4th quarter.  He's a punishing runner, without even trying.  And he's got speed to hit the long run.  Those things wear on a defense.  I'd love for him to check every box, but very few RBs do.

44 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

Regardless if you’re right or wrong about his personality, signing a 5’7  200 lb back is the best he could hope for in the NFL. The guy broke his leg and tore his ACL on top of it.

Henry is a weird guy, but he’s going to fit well into this offense as someone getting 20 touches a game leading the charge. He’ll be our version of Ingram, and if Robinson is smart he’ll use those two as analogous to our current situation in which he can extend his career while also being a huge part of the offense and team. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny