Leave Marcus in the pocket

headhunter

2 minutes ago, japan said:

And you have to love the Oilerman logic here: go down in flames on the takeaway possession so that we could set up a later TD to Murray.

That wasn't my logic buddy, that was MikeMiracles who does an excellent job breaking down the games. His tweet pointed it out and actually showed the defense reacting to the sweep action from Walker on the Murray TD. I'm sorry that detailed analysis shoots down your narrative. 

5 minutes ago, japan said:

I knew Oilerman would have an excuse for those disgraceful calls at the 1. 

What were the other "plays"?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I knew there was going to be a thread like this. THIS MAKES NO SENSE!!! Did anybody see the stat they showed? We run on average 3.5 designed runs. 3.5. The only difference in the offense tonight is th

I like our running plays but our passing ones are terrible. Tonite he had to stay in the pocket and run a more traditonal passing offense and he was so much better, evensome wrs showed up like Decker.

According to the board this is the first time he's been a "pocket passer", and it's only because he was hurt. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, scine09 said:

No I don't like jet sweeps to a tight end.  I don't give a damn what it sets up.

Instead of doing that how about a run up the middle or a playaction fake?  And then the next drive the same thing.  Instead of 10 points you're likely looking at 14.

Oh you don't care what it set up, convenient and laughable. 

They did run up the middle and they also ran play action. I watched all the other plays near the goaline, all standard plays that failed on execution or good defense. If Matthews doesn't lose his balance on the WR screen jumping over Hooker and go out he easily scores before they even try the sweep with Walker. Damn you Mularkey!

You realize this team scored 36 points(30 for the retards) last night right? 

12 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

That wasn't my logic buddy, that was MikeMiracles who does an excellent job breaking down the games. His tweet pointed it out and actually showed the defense reacting to the sweep action from Walker on the Murray TD. I'm sorry that detailed analysis shoots down your narrative. 

What were the other "plays"?

That is your argument as you are absorbing it when you post his tweet and genuflect in front of it.  Its a ridiculous argument.  They ran that same Delanie sweep earlier in the game.  Glad they finally decided they had 'set it up' enough times to take advantage.  

Edited by japan

6 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Oh you don't care what it set up, convenient and laughable. 

They did run up the middle and they also ran play action. I watched all the other plays near the goaline, all standard plays that failed on execution or good defense. If Matthews doesn't lose his balance on the WR screen jumping over Hooker and go out he easily scores before they even try the sweep with Walker. Damn you Mularkey!

You realize this team scored 36 points(30 for the retards) last night right? 

Fine.  The playcall was still terrible and against a better team may have cost them.

They got too cute at least 3 times that I saw.  There is no need to run the wild cat.  There is no need for the play we're talking about.  Running the shovel pass a second time was ridiculous.  And that doesn't even take into account the awful call to pitch to Henry on the short side of the field on 3rd and short.

Any one saying the offense was the exact same aside from 3.5 designed runs is the real retard.

Like it or not the zone read is normally used on a lot of our run plays, even if Mariota doesn't choose to keep it (which technically isn't a QB designed run since it's a read option, right?). 

Just now, scine09 said:

Fine.  The playcall was still terrible and against a better team may have cost them.

They got too cute at least 3 times that I saw.  There is no need to run the wild cat.  There is no need for the play we're talking about.  Running the shovel pass a second time was ridiculous.  And that doesn't even take into account the awful call to pitch to Henry on the short side of the field on 3rd and short.

What do you mean scine?  The wildcat with Murray has averaged about 2 yards every time they have run it going back to last season.  It think we are playing the long game and setting up a killer play that we will reveal soon.

16 minutes ago, japan said:

And you have to love the Oilerman logic here: go down in flames on the takeaway possession so that we could set up a later TD to Murray.

Yea...personally I'd prefer to punch in a TD from the 1 yard line (after a huge fumble recovery) instead of losing yards so that we could set up another short goal line run later.

It was terrible playcalling. You win some, you lose some. If you're gonna pat the coaches on the back for the Walker TD earlier, then they deserve criticism for blowing what should have been an easy TD.

6 hours ago, Kyle021 said:

This game (Mariota proving he can play strictly in the pocket) will completely change the direction of the offense going forward.

Don't be so sure about that.  It proved it to the fans, but do Mularkey or Robiskie recognize the fact?  Will they keep on this course or slip back into their exotic ways?

7 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Any one saying the offense was the exact same aside from 3.5 designed runs is the real retard.

Like it or not the zone read is normally used on a lot of our run plays, even if Mariota doesn't choose to keep it (which technically isn't a QB designed run since it's a read option, right?). 

Thank you!  That's the crux of the issue right there. 

It isn't a "designed" run until Marcus decides it is. (when the ZR plays are called)

In the past, I believe they did it to benefit Henry as much as anything, 'cuz DM isn't real ZR oriented, and struggled with them in Philly.

2 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Watch the DeMarco TD again, and tell me Fowler isn't the one that makes that play work.

He takes on a linebacker and obliterates him, and then stuffs Hooker 2 yds deep in the EZ.

Come on, what's wrong with you?  It was Mularkey and Robiskie's genius because the Colts were terrified of Walker running the ball around the right side.  Because the Titans offensive line, tight ends and fullback certainly aren't good enough to open a hole for a running back to get 5 yards.

One thing that needs to be added to this "play Marcus from the pocket talk," is a lot of his big yardage came from play action. Which is 100% what we do.

I do agree the trick plays needs to be curbed back. It's an ongoing issue ... until it works lol.

24 minutes ago, cenj said:

It was terrible playcalling. You win some, you lose some. If you're gonna pat the coaches on the back for the Walker TD earlier, then they deserve criticism for blowing what should have been an easy TD.

Hey that's fine and fair. I don't like just randomly throwing in the wild cat and I'd rather give it to Henry 2 more times from the 2, although even that's hindsight. 

Clearly some plays don't work throughout a game and are bad calls. 

What we're talking about is whether the play calling was "pitiful" and whether the offensive staff all needs to be fired. Since Mularkey took over last year the offensive design and play calling has been a positive despite some ups and downs. The talk of firing people is ridiculous 

Mariota was great.  Decker had a great game.  We were hurt and Mariota had to change his game, legs gone he sneaked a key 1st down which is not typical.  My guy Taywan gets free, wide open for a huge TD.  The RBs caught five balls for 60 yards.  Not much from our TEs, but it shows we have other targets.

What will it be like when Marriott and Davis get together?  People rag on the coaching/JRob, but Davis hasn't been available.  We haven't really seen what the 2017 Titans were supposed to look like.  Any ideas about Davis coming back, or if he would be in shape to play full games at this point in the season.

5 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Mariota was great.  Decker had a great game.  We were hurt and Mariota had to change his game, legs gone he sneaked a key 1st down which is not typical.  My guy Taywan gets free, wide open for a huge TD.  The RBs caught five balls for 60 yards.  Not much from our TEs, but it shows we have other targets.

What will it be like when Marriott and Davis get together?  People rag on the coaching/JRob, but Davis hasn't been available.  We haven't really seen what the 2017 Titans were supposed to look like.  Any ideas about Davis coming back, or if he would be in shape to play full games at this point in the season.

Hopefully Davis does the right thing and just goes to sleep at a decent hour and isn't up partying or something like that.