Titans @ Falcons game thread

OILERMAN

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is no droppoff when the Titans 3rd string defenders play!

Listen, I love Mett, I think he's the QBOF. I also think he has much more potential than Jake, at least in terms of throwing from the pocket. That said, there's no question that there's been an u

Why? He was only 70% with a 126.6 rating. Who can trust that?

I spent my Saturday night getting drunk and almost getting off with several women (no success tonight but there's always next week), not watching the game, we won though so good game lads! HAHA look forward to seeing us rape on Hard Knocks. Jake Locker is gonna get a good shag tonight from his hot missus.

Why? He was only 70% with a 126.6 rating. Who can trust that?

As good as his stats were, I still am always nervous watching him. But I'm happy he had a good game. Edited by japan

What makes me most nervous about Jake is he doesn't seem to read blitzes and make defenses pay like you'd hope. Sure, sometimes he does make a great play on a blitz, and these may very well happen enough for it to be more than just sheer luck, but it still usually seems to be a case of him reacting to blitzes, rather than proactively adjusting to them. Or, in other words, physical skill over mental preparation. He may juke a DE and connect downfield, or he might juke a DE and slam into a DT for the sack.

I'd just prefer it if he wasn't thrown into "fight or flight" mode every time a blitz isn't dealt with perfectly by the protection. I'd like to see Jake make a D concerned to blitz him, because he saw it coming time and time again and handles it without darting around like a cat who fell through the roof of a dog pound. Right now I think defenses consider blitzing Jake a proposition worth the risk, and realistically I think the best we can hope for is Jake somehow manages to change that based on raw scramble/escapist skill (sorta like Big Ben tends to).

It baffles me Iowa is still in Locker's corner and talking shit on Mett. Haha.

Talking shit on Mett?  When?  

I do have faith in Locker, but this isn't boxing...wanting one to succeed doesn't mean you want the other to fail.  

That type of thinking is very simplistic...it's not surprising that it's your way of thinking.

Listen, I love Mett, I think he's the QBOF. I also think he has much more potential than Jake, at least in terms of throwing from the pocket.

That said, there's no question that there's been an unwarranted backlash against Jake because of this excitement over ZM. It's clear as day. The guy is 20/28 for 263 yards & 2 TDs in his last 4 qtrs of football. I'm sorry but you can't put up those numbers if you're not playing well. Everybody was on suicide watch when he was injured against the Jets last year now he's playing better than he ever has & all of a sudden there's an asterisk next to every completion he has...the guy was WIDE open, it was a GREAT catch, he stared him down, he didn't go through his progressions, he looked "mechanical".

It's only the preseason but so far Jake has been the least of our worries. The QB situation will play out how it's going to play out, if ZM is the real deal he'll eventually be the starter, maybe sooner rather than later. I think this will be the case. In the meantime Id rather enjoy watching Locker play well than shitting on every good play he makes.

I wouldn't say better than ever, but he's been good enough that the complete change of collective narrative is bizarre... and I was down on him last year. Felt like I was going to be lynched for awhile last year. I shouldn't be reading so many posts now and thinking they're over-negative.

This will play itself out. Jake will start and if he capitalizes it means nothing. If he doesn't, this narrative of moving on becomes perfunctory.

Talking shit on Mett?  When?  

I do have faith in Locker, but this isn't boxing...wanting one to succeed doesn't mean you want the other to fail.  

That type of thinking is very simplistic...it's not surprising that it's your way of thinking.

Exactly. I like Mett too but Locker has played really well this preseason. Last week he was 8/10 and this week 12/17 which is 80% and 70% iirc which is pretty good.

The real story this offseason imo has been Whisenhunt.

The narrative recently has been so ridiculous to make discussion more pointless than usual even with many respected posters. Through three games he's 75% completion with no turnovers. It's preseason - it's vanilla - Yadda Yadda

But no way should his play be slanted as a negative so far. Confirmation bias all over the place.

The only thing that changes that narrative will be real season wins. So we wait and deal with a lot of idiotic opinions as usual...

He's looked maybe okay. I feel like you can win with him with a strong team but he's not going to win any for you. I think this team wins six or seven games tops with Locker at QB.

So best case scenario another Matthew Stafford.

Edited by JNew

On the Nashville feed, Corey Curtis commented that people had been asking him about a possible QB controversy, said if you talk to anyone in the lockeroom there is no doubt this is Jake's team, he has the complete support of all his team mates. Kerry Collins did the analysis this game (he even looked and sounded like he was sober :D ) had good things to say about both QBs, saying there were lots of things Mett does that are ahead of the usual rookie curve, still lavished all kinds of praise on Locker's play and agreed he should be the undisputed starter and that as good as Mett has looked, he still was a work in progress.