Titans @ Falcons game thread

OILERMAN

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is no droppoff when the Titans 3rd string defenders play!

Listen, I love Mett, I think he's the QBOF. I also think he has much more potential than Jake, at least in terms of throwing from the pocket. That said, there's no question that there's been an u

Why? He was only 70% with a 126.6 rating. Who can trust that?

You wouldn't want to get this thread merged or something. he'll have to do it in real games to stop them from drafting one but i'll add or bringing one in via FA to the list of options as well.

If things don't change much from now and they go into the draft looking for a QB instead of addressing other needed areas, they are idiots.  

Another thing to keep in mind is that Mett's knee is not 100%. And QBs historically have been really affected by ACL injuries from the previous year. I've seen Mett limping in practice at times, and you still see him limping around after hits and stuff sometimes in games. 

Not to add to the hype train too much, but he's likely to be much better next year after fully recovering and having a year of NFL coaching and practice under his belt. 

Not to add to the hype train too much, but he's likely to be much better next year after fully recovering and having a year of NFL coaching and practice under his belt. 

If the Titans thought this way, then you would think they wouldn't play him at all.  But they are playing him.  So their thinking must be different. 

QED

Another thing to keep in mind is that Mett's knee is not 100%. And QBs historically have been really affected by ACL injuries from the previous year. I've seen Mett limping in practice at times, and you still see him limping around after hits and stuff sometimes in games. 

Just happened with Sam Bradford. I'm optimistic about Mett too, but this fact keeps getting overlooked. He's still not 100%. No chance he's going to be the week 1 starter. It's Locker's job until proven otherwise. I do think there's a chance we see Mett in the 2nd half of the season.

That makes no sense. If he's healthy enough to take snaps on the field why wouldn't they play him "at all"?

My point is that since the Titans are indeed playing him, then this means that the Titans don't seem to be overly concerned about his recovery to the point that they would keep him out of games.  I doubt that they would use his injury recovery as a reason to not start him.  They may decide not to start him for other reasons, but I would doubt it's because of injury recovery.

Really? What was wrong with his 4th quarter throws?

He did lead the team down the field for the game-winning touchdown and he converted big 3rd down conversions through the air.

I'm fine if they want to give him the entire year to let the knee heal and be ready to go next year but I definitely think he could start the season if asked to.

After all, why would they even risk if if his knee is that bad if he looks like he could be the future of the franchise?

I'm not saying he was missing throws, but I thought there was a part in the 4th quarter where his mechanics changed and he seemed to be using more arm than legs and arms. I may be wrong. Even if I'm right, it was still impressive that he was connecting and driving for scores.

I'm not saying he was missing throws, but I thought there was a part in the 4th quarter where his mechanics changed and he seemed to be using more arm than legs and arms. I may be wrong. Even if I'm right, it was still impressive that he was connecting and driving for scores.

It's possible that he's hurt although I'd think that if he is that they wouldn't send him out there.

In any case nothing I saw from him yesterday changed my mind on him. It just reaffirmed my belief that he is going to be a superstar QB.