Offensive coordinator Matt LaFleur is going to be good for the Titans

Huston

1 hour ago, JoelinBellevue said:

He threw behind Walker. Maybe someday he hits a receiver in stride.

None of the passes shown in the OP were to Walker. 

22 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

Don't like it when you are wrong do you. You should be used to it by now. You said I was already on ignore....lol.

He probably just sees through your Schtick considering you post the same shit in every thread.  Even if it’s not schtick, it’s not even good analysis considering you can’t even tell the players apart. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offensive coordinator Matt LaFleur is going to be good for the Titans   Titans fans need to relax...Matt LaFleur is bringing a better scheme than the previous regime. By John R. Kinsley

and officially ignored for being a consistent moron I suggest we start doing this more often

"Bellevue" is likely Bellevue, Washington.  Nearby neighborhood to the Montlake Mutts. Home of the UWashington Huskies Fuskies, in Pac12 speak. Who didn't manage to beat the Mariota-led Oreg

11 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

"Bellevue" is likely Bellevue, Washington.  Nearby neighborhood to the Montlake Mutts.

Home of the UWashington Huskies Fuskies, in Pac12 speak.

Who didn't manage to beat the Mariota-led Oregon Ducks in 4 years of trying.  As a matter of fact, Marcus opened more than one can of whoopass on the hapless Huskies a number of times.

So the boy has an agenda.

And his hero Jake Locker proved to be an embarrassment, so he's here to trash Mariota.

'Cuz that's all he's got.

Now that's some expert analysis!

46 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

"Bellevue" is likely Bellevue, Washington.  Nearby neighborhood to the Montlake Mutts.

Home of the UWashington Huskies Fuskies, in Pac12 speak.

Who didn't manage to beat the Mariota-led Oregon Ducks in 4 years of trying.  As a matter of fact, Marcus opened more than one can of whoopass on the hapless Huskies a number of times.

So the boy has an agenda.

And his hero Jake Locker proved to be an embarrassment, so he's here to trash Mariota.

'Cuz that's all he's got.

This makes me think this is someone else's ALT account.

Taylor was interfered with on that play too, its understandable the official didn't see it because of the angle but the db pulled his right arm back right before the ball got there.  Made it a much more difficult catch but one that probably should have still been made.  Its probably a touchdown if not for the interference.

I only caught portions of the game because of all the delays but based on LaFleur's interviews I don't think we will really have a good feel for the offense until at least midseason, they are going to be experimenting to see what this team is best at, imagine that.

7 minutes ago, japan said:

Hard to believe that anyone is criticizing this pass. 

I'm not sure many are criticizing this pass.  There are a good portion of other passes that are criticizable.  We have no choice but to hope Marcus pulls it together, and I deeply hope he does and we're looking to other positions in the draft next year. 

For those that are confused about criticism of his current state of play, even disregarding his injury history, is concerning.  The coaching changes does the kid a disservice, but he's got a lot to prove this season.  

I hope like he hell he proves he is who we hoped him to be, but he has to step up and make more consistent, and better, throws to his pass catchers. Good throws behind the LOS does not make a great QB.  He has to calm down 4 quarters of the game, and be the on demand QB we need him to be.  He's got all the heart you can ask for, but that only takes you so far.  

We've had these same discussions over the last QBs since McNair, and all have been failures.  I hope Marcus pulls through. He at least has the potential of those failed QBs, but he's got to show he is that guy this year. It's hard to unsee his shitty passes and decisions for some of us, and easier for others.  

I think Marcus can be the guy, but he's got to play better and more consistent. I don't know how any reasonable person can claim otherwise.  

2 hours ago, JoelinBellevue said:

Only dweebs worry about details. The first video clearly shows a pass behind the player. Hardly perfect. Keep nitpicking.

Yeah and that player is Corey Davis, not Delanie Walker. If you are going to provide analysis you should know who you are talking about if you want to be taken seriously. It’s not being nit picky, This forum chews up people like you and spits them out. Knowing who you are talking about might keep that from happening. 

8 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

I do agree Mariota was a little off on a few passes (Davis and Stocker) but not so far off they were incompletions.  I'd expect timing and execution to get better not worse with this group as a whole.  They definitely were not showing some of this stuff in the preseason.  The only fault I had with the OC this game was the lame call on 4th down by the goaline and still think they should have rubbed a DB like they did in the pre-season.  A penalty there doesn't hurt you and if executed correctly (isn't a PI) and you have a TD. 

am I missing something? Matthews tried to rub Fitzpatrick on that play. 

12 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

I do agree Mariota was a little off on a few passes (Davis and Stocker) but not so far off they were incompletions.  I'd expect timing and execution to get better not worse with this group as a whole.  They definitely were not showing some of this stuff in the preseason.  The only fault I had with the OC this game was the lame call on 4th down by the goaline and still think they should have rubbed a DB like they did in the pre-season.  A penalty there doesn't hurt you and if executed correctly (isn't a PI) and you have a TD. 

I agree about that playcall on 4th. Tons of teams run rub routes in that situation and rarely get called for it. That play required a perfect throw or the WR to muscle his way in. Idk if it was a failed Rub or not because I haven’t rewatched the game, but Davis had 2DBs right there in his area. Most of the time he scores there, the DB made a great tackle. But I would have preferred to see a play that gets a guy open in the EZ instead of relying on them to muscle in for the score. 

Edited by heyitsmeallen