Schefter: Possible Titans OC - Ryan Day, Ohio State OC

Jamalisms

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love the reaction because everyone is like:   "We wanted innovation ... but like ... innovation that's guaranteed to work ..."   LOL. 

I love this forum . Everyone screams for new young coaching and innovative spread concepts. Titans might hire a young college Oc proficient in those concepts and the forum freaks out because he’s not

PK paid members must be fuming mad.  

Posted Images

There's no doubt they're going to feature Mariota's mobility. I know some hate this but we saw what a weapon he is when running the ball. It's on him to stop getting injured. He needs to put on 7-8 lbs of lean muscle & stop taking hits. He has to slide & run out of bounds.

1 minute ago, Face said:

There's no doubt they're going to feature Mariota's mobility. I know some hate this but we saw what a weapon he is when running the ball. It's on him to stop getting injured. He needs to put on 7-8 lbs of lean muscle & stop taking hits. He has to slide & run out of bounds.

Featuring mobility in ways that don't result in big hits or a beating is fine. It scares me, but it's fine. You have him running the ball for 5 yard gains and taking hits, I'll ... well ... I'll whine. Loudly.

3 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

Featuring mobility in ways that don't result in big hits or a beating is fine. It scares me, but it's fine. You have him running the ball for 5 yard gains and taking hits, I'll ... well ... I'll whine. Loudly.

My one fear is that Marcus does not seem nearly instinctive a runner as I expected. Hes taken a few huge hits that appeared very avoidable, of course that from the beneficial viewpoint of my comfy couch while eating pizza.

4 minutes ago, Face said:

The thing that stuck out to me in that article was the crossing routes. We didn't run NEARLY enough crossers, which I know Chip Kelly loves. To me there the best route in football, nice & simple, but effective.

They're far more effective when the middle of the field isn't a clogged up mess and a traffic nightmare.

You don't open up the crossing routes from condensed heavy sets that allow the defense to drop 6 into coverage from a loaded box.

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

lol they led the league in 11 personnel. At some point you will be right about something. I’m not sure when that time is, but keep on trying. 

I’m aware. They also ran a lot of bunch formations. 

Those things are congruently true. The Titans ran more 11 personnel than any other formation grouping as well. 

12 minutes ago, Face said:

My one fear is that Marcus does not seem nearly instinctive a runner as I expected. Hes taken a few huge hits that appeared very avoidable, of course that from the beneficial viewpoint of my comfy couch while eating pizza.

He also had Mike Mularkey in his ear all season telling him to take a sack instead of run. He said so himself in multiple pressers. He was second guessing his instincts all season.

12 minutes ago, titanohbri said:

I am shocked Vrabel would do this.. Day was the heir apparent to Kevin Wilson when he leaves.  Day has never been OC at a top college football school.  I think he could teach Mariota, but even as an OSU ticket holder, I would question if he’s ready to do it at the NFL level.  

Making him THE guy to rebuild Mariota with his lack of experience is a huge concern. QB coach? I could see it. Handing him the keys to an NFL offense with an inexperienced HC and a struggling young QB is a monumental task though.