Fuming Mariota Signals Need for Change in Offense

Jonboy

2 hours ago, japan said:

Watch those games and how open the throws are that they are making, then watch one of our games.

I heard something today about the Ram's play calling,  Granted, they do have a real run game so that cannot be discounted, but the point that was made was that even though they were not illegal, they were constantly running routes that intersect, and essentially screen or pick the opposing db's.   It would explain how other simillar reciever's are always open.  It only takes a split second to gain a step, and if you know, when that moment happens, which you do, you deliver the ball at that time.  

Mariota has been bad but it's not hard to understand.  He is basically trying to hit guys who are essentially double covered, waiting for them to get a hair of breathing room.   This staff is living in the past.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m glad the media is calling out the coaching staff. The play calling patterns and a lot of the plays in general just set this team and it’s QB up to fail. 2 man routes with 4 DB and 2 Lb covering th

He's a professional.  You don't throw teammates and coaches under the bus to the media.  You just don't.   You have no idea what he's saying when the mics are turned off, so just STFU.

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Jonboy said:

Posted this in another thread, but it probably warrants its own. 

The Titans' coaching staff doesn't deserve a pass as we watch Mariota's development stagnate. Mariota doesn't, either, as he falls back into bad habits like not stepping into throws and sailing passes. There will be a full offseason to work on that, but with three crucial weeks left in the regular season, there is a need for changes now.

Isn’t that the old Vince Young sideline facial gesture?

1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

There have been leaders and professionals who do it when they feel it needs done....

Championship coaches call out players when they suck.

Just more defending BS.

Do you want to defend his 2 picks yesterday as well?

Constantly being PR is not always the right move.

If youre going to say it, man up and say it. Dont dance around it.  Pussy shit.

God damn. You’re insufferable. 

I truly wish we could just get a perm ban on you. Since we can’t, looks like you’re going on ignore. I’m done reading you’re drivel. 

6 hours ago, Smokes said:

Not missing anything, but I can agree that a pass game can help open up a run game.

Murlarkeys mandate when he took over was to protect Marcus.

The offense is setup to run through the running game, with the pass game working from that foundation with 2 and 3 man routes and heavy pass protection in favourable down and distance.

It worked in the middle of the year last year due to Murray's production from the beginning of the year and through the good offensive run they had once Marriota got his shit together. Murray ran out of gas, Henry was used then as he is now and the offense fell off in the final quarter.

What we see this year is a continuation of the last quarter of last year.

They gambled on Murray being able to hold up and produce this year, they lost.

Forgot to mention that they gambled on Davis bringing a new dimension to the passing game. That failed miserably. 

I really don't blame it on Murray, or Mariota, or any of the players. I think that the opposition has adjusted to our offense and our coaching staff refuses to admit they have been figured out and wont make adjustments. 

I mean our offense literally tries to do the same thing every game whether it works or not. Pretty sure it would fit into the definition of insanity somewhere.

My thinking on this is, we really don't know what Mariota is at this point. Not ready to say he is the guy, or not the guy. What I do know is that we spent the 2nd overall pick on the guy. At what point do we turn him loose to be the guy or not be the guy? He is never put into good situations. With this offense, there is no such thing as 3rd and manageable. Imo, its time to hand the keys over and see what he can do. Spent all these resources trying to build around him, but have regressed, but so much of the offense looks forced if that makes sense. Beyond frustrating

54 minutes ago, GoaTTitanMcNair9 said:

Forgot to mention that they gambled on Davis bringing a new dimension to the passing game. That failed miserably. 

I really don't blame it on Murray, or Mariota, or any of the players. I think that the opposition has adjusted to our offense and our coaching staff refuses to admit they have been figured out and wont make adjustments. 

I mean our offense literally tries to do the same thing every game whether it works or not. Pretty sure it would fit into the definition of insanity somewhere.

I'm willing to give Davis the benefit of the doubt as a rookie, injured in camp, preseason, and most of the regular season couple that playing in an offense were nobody but the TE is seeing any production. This time next year if he's not productive for whatever reason I'll start to worry, and complain.

Don't blame Murray he was what made the offense work, but he got ran into the ground doing so. I don't question his effort. He is vet runner who has had injury issues in the past. Time coupled with work load has probably caught up.

Marriota has to play better, theirs no doubt, but this pass game as designed isn't going work unless we are a dominant run team. 

Murlarkey and co. should have been more prepared for Murray to slip than they have been. Henry was here last year, if he had issues they should have been some urgency to have another back brought in just in case Murray's production fell off for any or all possibilities noted above, lack of a dominant running game via this scheme torpedoes the hole offense.

1 hour ago, TitanDuckFan said:

You wouldn't know a pussy if it queefed in your face.

1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

You cant handle the truth, that's all. 

Jake i'd be all stressed out too if i never got any ass. :laugh:

9 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

Look at how open all of Mariota’s downfield targets are. Spoiler Alert: They all ran 4 yard routes and none are uncovered.

Dude this can’t be real... this is a madden game this has to be a glitch... ???? Telll me this video  is madden and the players froze