Titans Sign G/C Tim Lelito

Jonboy

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jrob ain't no dumpster diver. He's a gold miner.  You think he's diving in dumpsters, but really this motherfucker is knee deep in mud beside a river panning for gold flakes to melt into bars. 

Bitching about JRob trading up for Conklin is like criticizing a baseball manager for having a guy sacrifice to get baserunners into scoring position....then the next batter hits a home run.    

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Actually, JRob has come damned close that at least twice.

Philly practically begged him to take DeMarco off their hands.  Then they turned around and gave him Kelly for the local liability known as DGB.

Yeah, don't think Philly will be answering JRob's calls for a while.  Fleeced!

2 hours ago, Soxcat said:

My God we still have people not liking JRob getting an all pro OT.  It is insanity or pure stupidity. 

I think you are counting me as part of that indictment. I assure you I'm not stupid, although I may be insane for coming back for more time and time again!

It is not about not "liking" JRob and especially it's not about  "not liking JRob (for) getting an all pro OT."

There's two parts to this issue and one of them is almost a year old-- Draft Day 2016. Dare I say it, but fans "unanimously" fans thought JRob had paid a steep price for the pick that became Conklin. 

The other part is that Conklin turned out to be so great... which we did not know for several months and into the regular season. This certainly soothes the pain, but it is entirely reasonable to ponder how things might have gone with Taylor Decker  at RT and a 3rd round pick last year and a 2nd round pick this year. We could have gone with Decker and the kid Thayer (?) who was available for our 3rd round pick and was also an all-rookie OG.

And even JRob is grieving over the loss of a 2nd round pick. That right there tells you it's a fair thing to consider. That being said, I'm pretty sure he'd do the deal again-- especially with the outcome known, but that is not to say that there weren't other legitimate options which did not involve such a high cost.

8 minutes ago, Bongo59 said:

Anytime you get a Rookie ALL PRO you are cooking with gas.  I have zero issues with giving up the two.  

How did you feel about it in April 2016?!

I just remember a kind of bewilderment around here and maybe the very birth of "In JRob We Trust"

2 hours ago, Soxcat said:

My God we still have people not liking JRob getting an all pro OT.  It is insanity or pure stupidity. 

And you want to know the most retarded part of this kind of thinking.  Peoplel that think this way have no clue what the real odds are in the draft.  As in the odds are only 50-50 you will even get a decent player even if picking early AND to get an all-pro is like finding a needle in a haystack.  Yes, go back about 5 years and look at ALL the 1st round player and you will see time and time and time again teams miss and that includes the top 15.  Oh, by the way we have one of those guys on our team now in Williams, let one go in Warmack and another one is still available in FA, Floyd.  So just picking an OT that can really play well is tough enough.  This crap we could have taken Decker or whatever is pure BS.  We already struck gold with the Ram's trade and JRob wanted to make sure he got the guy he thought could play. 

When all its said and done that draft could go down in history as the draft that put the team over the top.  Byard could break out, Henry is a total stud and if he started behind the Cowboys OL he wold have been as productive as Elliott and Dodd is going to be a very good pass rusher with utility on the edge and as a DE.  Oh, CONKLIN IS AN ALL-PRO and we have two 1st round picks this year and 2 3rd round picks.  Maybe Johnson figures out how to play as well.

Sox dropping the hammah down hard!  Getting me fired up a month before da draft.  Must... simmer... myself... down... now...  Never Always go full Soxcat! :P 

15 minutes ago, Bongo59 said:

Fine.  When a move is made you cannot criticize it until you see the result.  If you do you have an unripe mind.  Everything Conklin did from TC on was spectacular.  He played great in camp and you knew we had something.  

Unripe mind? Damn, brother, I'm gonna stop defending you from your hard critics! :3_grin:

It is NEVER wrong to question and evaluate.Anytime.

I've never said that Conklin is not great. I said we paid a steep price. 

Critics?  Come on bro.......you listen to idiots?  What a critic sees is in not the truth; what they see is they're opinion about the truth.   An ignorant man’s report of what a wise man says can never be fully accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.

Edited by Bongo59

4 minutes ago, Bongo59 said:

Critics?  Come on bro.......you listen to idiots?  What a critic sees is in not the truth; what they see is they're opinion about the truth.   An ignorant man’s report of what a wise man says can never be fully accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.

That's why I been defending you. There is no truth in this real, just opinion. Some of it is sharp, some sloppy but it's all just opinion.

Charley I try to stay on football.......people hear what they want to hear.  I've been watching football and been around the game for 45 years.  My eyes and mind do not need defending.  I have a good eye for talent.  For the first time TN has a GM who does too so I would give him some rope.  He has done a remarkable job so far.