The Kelly Offense & the Titans Offseason Moves

BudsOilers

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The big uproar by media & fans has been the lack of adds at WR.  Some of that purely was the market in FA and the Draft but they clearly prioritized fixing the OL over this.  That said, I also thi

The last couple of offseasons since the Ravens playoff loss we have hoped to see a change but nothing did, so until I actually see it happen I'm going to be skeptical.

Vrabel wasn't the HC in Houston.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, rns90 said:

I never truly got when they never ran hurry up / no huddle a bit more than they did. 

Also, I think if their WR depth were a bit better a lot of people would complain less.  I'm mean we are one small injury away from seeing NWI get major snaps again.  I'll wait and see. I pretty much expect 2nd year jumps from Chig and Burks (barring injury).  Even getting Chig the ball 3-5 more per game, should help alot.  He should have been targeted more even with the pass blocking issues.

NWI is going to see major snaps even without an injury imo.  

4 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Yes, but Kelly went to him in the interview and told Vrabel what he thought was wrong and how he would do things differently and then Vrabel hired him so maybe he's willing to relent some on certain things... of course he's still going to want to play ball control and complimentary football but they can still do that and not be so terribly predictable.

Henry ran 65% of the time on 1st down last year if he was on the field.  Doesn't that tell you everything you need to know?

1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

The last couple of offseasons since the Ravens playoff loss we have hoped to see a change but nothing did, so until I actually see it happen I'm going to be skeptical.

I think it's completely fair to be skeptical.  I'm just pointing out that something HAS to change.  I didn't realize this but 80% of Henry's carries come when the Titans are in 7 yards to go or longer situations.  It's the very definition of run run pass punt and it's incredibly predictable and easy to defend in the modern NFL.  

11 minutes ago, Justafan said:

I think it's completely fair to be skeptical.  I'm just pointing out that something HAS to change.  I didn't realize this but 80% of Henry's carries come when the Titans are in 7 yards to go or longer situations.  It's the very definition of run run pass punt and it's incredibly predictable and easy to defend in the modern NFL.  

Hey RamboTard, that was some funny shit that the General and you have been posting on the stock boards lately. Does it make you feel any less of a no money freeloading loser when you do it? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 

2 hours ago, Justafan said:

NWI is going to see major snaps even without an injury imo.  

Not if he gets beat out for the #2 spot by Moore or a late signee.  His playing time and targets are still very much to be determined, imo.

8 hours ago, BudsOilers said:

They clearly prioritized the OL as the focus for obvious and correct reasons.  It's also pretty clear they see Burks and Philips a lot higher than the public does too.

While I get some of the discourse about not drafting a WR until 7, if they had gone WR in 3, they either would have picked Michael Wilson (who went 94) - an injury prone WR who played 14 games in 3 years or reached for Tyler Scott (who went 52 slots later).  The lack of the 4th rounder really impacted what they could have done.

If you look at the other WR's who went before the Dowell pick, I'm not sure there are guys out there that move the needle any more than he might in a weak WR draft.

Now I don't discount them signing a vet down the line whether it's Galloday or some other guy out there but at this point I'm sure they want to see the rookies and young guys in OTA's first.  Which makes sense.

A single pass catcher on the Titans wouldn't start for a top team in the AFC.  Hell, they'd be lucky to make the roster.  I don't fault you for the optimism...I fault you for it being so naive.  

2 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Bingo!

2 hours ago, Justafan said:

We've pointed out something has to change for 4 years.  Nothing has.  We thought something might change when Henry got hurt.  Nothing did.  You think the next Vrabel good-ole-boy is going to be the impetus for change?  

15 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I actually think it's what he meant as well. It was a sloppy thing for him to say after the AJ trade then was magnified after Robinson got fired

While I do think that's what he meant, the fact stands that if they drafted higher and more often and brought in more quality FA WRs then they would have had someone to throw to with the injuries they had sustained.

32 minutes ago, IowaOiler said:

A single pass catcher on the Titans wouldn't start for a top team in the AFC.  Hell, they'd be lucky to make the roster.  I don't fault you for the optimism...I fault you for it being so naive.  

Bingo!

We've pointed out something has to change for 4 years.  Nothing has.  We thought something might change when Henry got hurt.  Nothing did.  You think the next Vrabel good-ole-boy is going to be the impetus for change?  

Burks would be a starter on every team in the league besides the Eagles, Miami, and Cinci.