The Kelly Offense & the Titans Offseason Moves

BudsOilers

4 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

Off the top of my head, the Chargers, the Seahawks, the Raiders, the Vikings, Washington, the Cowboys. Hell, Jacksonville would likely expect him to be at best third on the depth chart with hopes Ridley comes back. I could go on but that would require looking up rosters and it's not worth doing that for a pointless hypothetical.

The reality is that there are a bunch of teams that wouldn't just slot in a late first round pick who spent much of his rookie campaign injured. Most teams have guys that are more proven, not to mention new first round rookies that would be primed for a battle to step in.

As was originally pointed out, Burks would be having to earn a starting role in the preseason.

You think hunter Renfrow, an old Keenan Allen, and Jordan Addison start over Burkes? Come on. 

Seattle is a solid one. Tampa is likely another though Evans is on his last legs. Not Jax. Kirk is a slot type. He wouldn't start over Burks, though I imagine they'll be in 11 personnel 70+%. 

So, we have Cinci, Miami, Philly, Seattle, and maybe the Bucs...yeah back to my original statement Burkss slots in as a starter on pretty much all teams. Thank you for helping clarify this. 

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The big uproar by media & fans has been the lack of adds at WR.  Some of that purely was the market in FA and the Draft but they clearly prioritized fixing the OL over this.  That said, I also thi

The last couple of offseasons since the Ravens playoff loss we have hoped to see a change but nothing did, so until I actually see it happen I'm going to be skeptical.

Vrabel wasn't the HC in Houston.

Posted Images

7 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Lol feel free to go through the rosters and show me the teams where he isn't the #2 WR. 

Absurd. There are quite few and that's okay. It's not an indictment on Burkes who showed some promise last year.

Just now, Jamalisms said:

Stop making me agree with Oldschool.

Well if you could do better than name a handful I would back down! 

As of now I have 4 guaranteed he isn't a starter: 

Phi

Cinci

Miami

Seattle

Questionable: Tampa and Jax.

Just now, IsntLifeFunny said:

Oh no, random dipshit on the internet thinks his team's injured rookie from last year is better than everyone's WRs! How will I ever get him to back down off this pointless stance!?

I answered your question with more additional teams than you originally had listed, did that off the top of my head which means there's plenty more and left you an out that maybe he earns the job in camp.

You don't have to back down. Nobody really gives a shit if you do. Personally, I'll call you a moron and move on. Others will just (continue to) ignore the "discussion" entirely.

1 minute ago, Jamalisms said:

Oh no, random dipshit on the internet thinks his team's injured rookie from last year is better than everyone's WRs! How will I ever get him to back down off this pointless stance!?

I answered your question with more additional teams than you originally had listed, did that off the top of my head which means there's plenty more and left you an out that maybe he earns the job in camp.

You don't have to back down. Nobody really gives a shit if you do. Personally, I'll call you a moron and move on. Others will just (continue to) ignore the "discussion" entirely.

It's amazing how much of an pissant you are. I was joking around. No one cares what I have to say dum dum. That's why it's a message board. The fsct you seemingly don't ever understand this shows the hilarity of your faux arrogance. Get back to middle managing birthday parties for your coworkers you little bitch. 

Just now, oldschool said:

Homers gonna homer.

How is it being a homer lol. Go through the depth charts. There's some questionable teams like Denver and maybe Chicago with Moore and Claypool. Not many though. He's easily a top 2 WR on the vast majority of rosters. I don't really understand the argument against but whatever. I never cared much in the first place except to note he would be a starter on most teams. 

12 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

As of now I have 4 guaranteed he isn't a starter: 

Phi

Cinci

Miami

Seattle

Questionable: Tampa and Jax.

Washington, denver, Chargers, Cowboys off the top. I. Sure there are others. It's a foolish premise.

Just now, IsntLifeFunny said:

How is it being a homer lol. Go through the depth charts. There's some questionable teams like Denver and maybe Chicago with Moore and Claypool. Not many though. He's easily a top 2 WR on the vast majority of rosters. I don't really understand the argument against but whatever. I never cared much in the first place except to note he would be a starter on most teams. 

The argument is he hasn't done shit in the league to be penciled in as a number 2 starter around the league. 

2 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Washington, denver, Chargers, Cowboys off the top. I. Sure there are others. It's a foolish premise.

Gallup isn't starting over Burks. Denver has wanted to trade Jeudy and Sutton, but yeah I mentioned them as possible. Allen is washed up so no. I could see Washington, but it would be close between Dotson and Burks. 

5 minutes ago, oldschool said:

The argument is he hasn't done shit in the league to be penciled in as a number 2 starter around the league. 

I understand that argument. I'm going off of talent and availability. If he's healthy he's starting on the vast majority of teams. I'm cool going with 2/3rds of the league, but on most of the other teams it would be a day 1 competition at worst for the 2 spot. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny