Around the NFL: Week 16

titanskick8851

Just now, Jamalisms said:

It's just laughable arguments from morons and the long-held grudges I retain through the passage of time.

Some claim he was merely a product of Aaron Rodgers and is now a product of Dak and deserves no credit because the only thing he's responsible for is game management and he's bad at that, so he's just along for the ride.

What does he do that he is particularly good at? I have no opinion on him really but the concept a coach is along for the ride is not unprecedented in the NFL, and I couldn't rule out he is in Dallas. His record with Dallas hasn't been amazing.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope some of those KC players die from Covid

Don't you dare laugh! Don't even smile about it.   In fact, we should probably just delete the post.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, dcblanton said:

You said Wentz played poorly.

Poorly:

Tannehill vs. Steelers.

Wentz vs. Titans either game.

Wentz vs. Buccaneers

Brady versus Saints

Mahomes vs. Titans

Mahomes vs. Bills

Allen vs. Jags

Wentz wasn't great, but he didn't play poorly.  And, I really don't care what the commenters said about his errant throws.  The commenters for the Titans game continually said the 9ers should have had an insurmountable lead if not for the miscues in the first half.

Announcers and commenters know more than the average fan, but they didn't sit in the meetings and know what everyone is supposed to do on every play.

And, Wentz was playing a good pass rushing team without a few starters on his offensive line.

I’m not sure what to tell you. Wentz had a single TD drive where they missed an obvious hold after a bullshit personal foul and then on 3rd and 3 they called a phantom DPI. That was his only TD of the night. I’m not sure how else to say he played like shit. 

1 hour ago, OzTitan said:

What does he do that he is particularly good at? I have no opinion on him really but the concept a coach is along for the ride is not unprecedented in the NFL, and I couldn't rule out he is in Dallas. His record with Dallas hasn't been amazing.

He doesn’t run any of the offense. I’ve never taken a line against him except to note he’s been really bad at times managing games. If he isn’t running the offense and the OC was there before he was hired I’m not sure how to answer what he does for the team. 

I will say Prescott’s mechanics are much improved as a passer this year. If he was instrumental in that process he deserves the credit. 

12 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I knew better to engage with you

You're a retard if you really think this 

Exactly. Wentz has had all of his receivers and backs healthy for pretty much the entire season. You really undermining what we are dealing with if you think the situations are comparable. Take Taylor away from them for 8 weeks and they are a lottery team with a record comparable to the Texans, Jags, or Jets.

Shit If that situation happened and they were drafting in the top 10 what position you think they would be drafting? Guaranteed it would be Quarterback.

Edited by DecepticonShawn2

2 hours ago, titanskick8851 said:

Officiating is so bad right now…

WTF is this? The OLinemen is closer to the WR then the actual LOS!

lol the dude just ran down like he know nothing was going to be called.

Dallas is the 2nd most penalized team in the league, GB vastly improved after McCarthy left and everyone in Dallas wants them to promote Moore to HC(who calls the plays and designs the offense)and get rid of McCarthy even with them being a SB contender. 

Jamal tries to mock McCarthy detractors to @dcblanton who then wonders if Jerry will fire McCarthy! LOL

53 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Dallas is the 2nd most penalized team in the league, GB vastly improved after McCarthy left and everyone in Dallas wants them to promote Moore to HC(who calls the plays and designs the offense)and get rid of McCarthy even with them being a SB contender. 

Jamal tries to mock McCarthy detractors to @dcblanton who then wonders if Jerry will fire McCarthy! LOL

They are going to lose Moore this off-season.  They would be wise to toss McCarthy for him.  

9 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I’m not sure what to tell you. Wentz had a single TD drive where they missed an obvious hold after a bullshit personal foul and then on 3rd and 3 they called a phantom DPI. That was his only TD of the night. I’m not sure how else to say he played like shit. 

The first time they had the ball, they drove for a TD.  Wentz threw the TD. 

It's kind of laughable that you won't give Wentz any credit at all.  

Ryan Tannehill took the fully healthy Titans into that same environment and got embarrassed.   Tannehill had three turnovers that game, with AJB, Julio, the offensive line and Derrick Henry.  Wentz had zero.  By the way, anyone on the Colts as good as AJB?  I don't see it.  

That's a good pass rush.  That's a good team, even if they aren't clicking like a few weeks ago.  They were coming off an embarrassing loss, so you know they were out for blood. 

9 hours ago, DecepticonShawn2 said:

Exactly. Wentz has had all of his receivers and backs healthy for pretty much the entire season. You really undermining what we are dealing with if you think the situations are comparable. Take Taylor away from them for 8 weeks and they are a lottery team with a record comparable to the Texans, Jags, or Jets.

Shit If that situation happened and they were drafting in the top 10 what position you think they would be drafting? Guaranteed it would be Quarterback.

There is no doubt that the Colts are not a contender for anything without Taylor.  No such thing as a lottery team in the NFL.  But, given how tight the league is this year, they may pick in the top 10.

Now, what would they draft?  Maybe QB.  I doubt it.  This is not supposed to be a good class for QB's.  Of course, QB's usually get pushed to the top of the draft regardless of whether they are worth it.  I just think Ballard is smart enough not to reach for a QB when other better players are on the board.

22 minutes ago, dcblanton said:

The first time they had the ball, they drove for a TD.  Wentz threw the TD. 

It's kind of laughable that you won't give Wentz any credit at all.  

Ryan Tannehill took the fully healthy Titans into that same environment and got embarrassed.   Tannehill had three turnovers that game, with AJB, Julio, the offensive line and Derrick Henry.  Wentz had zero.  By the way, anyone on the Colts as good as AJB?  I don't see it.  

That's a good pass rush.  That's a good team, even if they aren't clicking like a few weeks ago.  They were coming off an embarrassing loss, so you know they were out for blood. 

15 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Comparing the Cardinals of week one to the Cardinals of week 16 is just ridiculous.  They're not even remotely the same team.

That's not to take anything away from the Colts.  They're playing very good football.  But sometimes it's all about when you play a team.  The Titans got the Cardinals at literally the worst possible time.  I remember thinking the team I want the Titans to open up against the least was Arizona.  I knew they'd have a healthy Watt.  A.J. Green would be as fresh as could be.  Murray would be as fresh as could be.  Not sure what's wrong with Murray now but he looks like a different player than he did earlier in the season.

And that's only considering one of the 3 teams involved in this comparison.  Week 1 Colts were handily defeated by the Seahawks.  Week 1 Titans just didn't have their shit together - especially on defense.  

10 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Comparing the Cardinals of week one to the Cardinals of week 16 is just ridiculous.  They're not even remotely the same team.

That's not to take anything away from the Colts.  They're playing very good football.  But sometimes it's all about when you play a team.  The Titans got the Cardinals at literally the worst possible time.  I remember thinking the team I want the Titans to open up against the least was Arizona.  I knew they'd have a healthy Watt.  A.J. Green would be as fresh as could be.  Murray would be as fresh as could be.  Not sure what's wrong with Murray now but he looks like a different player than he did earlier in the season.

I understand.  The Titans were ALSO fresh.  I'm really just annoyed that the guy won't give Wentz credit for a good game.  I am not saying he was outstanding.  I am not saying he carried the team or any of that nonsense.  I am just saying he played well.  He didn't turn the ball over, and he completed over 60% of his passes.  Oh, and some of the passes he connected on were fantastic throws.  I think some of his misses were intentional.  He had one in the flat to Taylor that looked like an errant throw, but you look and you see the defender is on Taylor and I think he just threw it away.

And, I agree that teams change all season long.  Heck, even when guys are 'healthy'.... they get dinged over the season.  Guys fight injuries that affect their ability without making them miss games.  Schottenheimer used to ask his players are you hurt or are you injured?  Hurt means that you have pain.  Injured means that there is something medically wrong that can get worse.

All players are 'hurt'.  Some even play injured.  And, unless a guy is expected to miss time, they don't even put that on the injury report.  I know of two guys on the Chiefs, and I am sure you know of many on the Titans.  Joe Thuney Broke his hand in week 4.  He played with a broken hand for several weeks.  An offensive lineman with a broken hand isn't like a WR with a broken hand, but you know the offensive lineman punch with their hands, and grab the jerseys of the DL inside the shoulder pads.  

Chris Jones hurt his wrist and will require surgery after the season.  He broke his wrist against the Ravens or Chargers.  Again, he looks like a completely different guy right now than he did early in the season.  Part of that is also his position switch back to the inside.

So, it isn't just who you play, but when you play them.  I agree with that.

8 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

And that's only considering one of the 3 teams involved in this comparison.  Week 1 Colts were handily defeated by the Seahawks.  Week 1 Titans just didn't have their shit together - especially on defense.  

Week one is a total crap shoot. Its so hard to gauge how good or bad teams are after one game. The crazy thing is how important being 1-0 usually is to a team's playoff prospects. 

• Jonboy unpinned this topic