Bowen officially named DC

ChesterCopperpot1

Just now, oldschool said:

Like Mularkey? If the Titans go 11-5 in a bad division, have a terrible defense again, and get bounced in the 1st round you better believe Vrabel's job could be in jeopardy and it should be in that scenario.

I don’t agree with you.  I think if they’re a contender and don’t do as well in the playoffs but have a good regular season he’ll get extended.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is there a more undeserving DC in the NFL? Look up Bowen's resume. He's a hanger on. Fuck Vrabel and his ego. It will be his downfall.

There is a huge difference from having a list of qualified people you have worked with and would work with again and going full on entourage like Vrabel has with Bowen. Bowen hasn't gotten anything do

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, oldschool said:

There is a huge difference from having a list of qualified people you have worked with and would work with again and going full on entourage like Vrabel has with Bowen. Bowen hasn't gotten anything done at the NFL level in his limited experience with the Texans and Titans. His position groups have played like shit for 4 years and the one year he ran a defense it was historically bad. Does that sound like someone deserving of a promotion? The answer is clear. 

To be fair with the weird hodgpodge of olb talent we had before he was made "dc" they looked ok for being a random group of cast offs and journeymen outside Landry. Not saying I want his as the dc but he wasn't a terrible olb coach. 

14 minutes ago, oldschool said:

There is a huge difference from having a list of qualified people you have worked with and would work with again and going full on entourage like Vrabel has with Bowen. Bowen hasn't gotten anything done at the NFL level in his limited experience with the Texans and Titans. His position groups have played like shit for 4 years and the one year he ran a defense it was historically bad. Does that sound like someone deserving of a promotion? The answer is clear. 

I'm with you. The thing to ask is how much was the defensive failings due to coaching and scheme and how much from lack of the right personnel. We had significant injuries in the secondary and our two big free agent signings to solve the lack of pass rush were complete busts. I'm not giving Bowen a pass but just looking at the big picture. I don't like the promotion either.

Edited by freakingeek

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

The Titans weren't contenders this year with their horrible defense and an overly conservative offense. The goal is to compete for titles not wildcard losses.

You're right in one instance, but Mike is in zero danger in 2021. None. Zero. Zilch.

He might be using his mulligan on Bowen though, which is bizarre to me. 

1 minute ago, titanfan24 said:

You're right in one instance, but Mike is in zero danger in 2021. None. Zero. Zilch.

He might be using his mulligan on Bowen though, which is bizarre to me. 

Nonsense. He's in year 4 which mean he's coaching for an extension this year otherwise he'd be a lame duck in 2022. 

I'm fine with it.  I mean im not really expecting better results defensively next year based on what we saw from these goombas without Dean Pees around and their time in Houston but this is vrabels decision and I'd have to imagine if it doesn't get any better then this will be the start of the flame that begins to heat his seat. 

53 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Nonsense. He's in year 4 which mean he's coaching for an extension this year otherwise he'd be a lame duck in 2022. 

The guy hasn't had a losing season and has been 1st team out, AFC Runner Up, and Division Champ in years 1-3 with an organization that hasn't seen that kind of success since the early 2000's. 

He's not going anywhere unless they maybe go 5-11 or something. Amy is not her father, LOL. 

2 hours ago, oldschool said:

The Titans weren't contenders this year with their horrible defense and an overly conservative offense. The goal is to compete for titles not wildcard losses.

I can only think of 2 examples of a team winning double digit games, its division and then firing the coach.  And both times it did not work out well for the franchise.  The 49ers did it after the 2002 season with Mariucci and the Chargers after the 2006 season with Schottenheimer.  And both times it was due to conflict within the organization.  From everything we know that is not the case at all with the Titans.  I don’t even see why you’d be think it would be anytime soon.

10 minutes ago, titanfan24 said:

The guy hasn't had a losing season and has been 1st team out, AFC Runner Up, and Division Champ in years 1-3 with an organization that hasn't seen that kind of success since the early 2000's. 

He's not going anywhere unless they maybe go 5-11 or something. Amy is not her father, LOL. 

Then it makes AAS and Jrob liars about not accepting mediocrity. Malarkey was fired because he didn't maximize talent and the team wants to compete for super bowls, not just divisions. Vrabel is doing this to himself with his outdated offensive philosophy and his stubbornness about holding onto coaches who under perform. 

10 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I can only think of 2 examples of a team winning double digit games, its division and then firing the coach.  And both times it did not work out well for the franchise.  The 49ers did it after the 2002 season with Mariucci and the Chargers after the 2006 season with Schottenheimer.  And both times it was due to conflict within the organization.  From everything we know that is not the case at all with the Titans.  I don’t even see why you’d be think it would be anytime soon.

I said it could happen if we get a repeat of 2020, not that it will happen. Vrabel has a ton to prove this year. Can he adapt or not? The jury is out.

2 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I said it could happen if we get a repeat of 2020, not that it will happen. Vrabel has a ton to prove this year. Can he adapt or not? The jury is out.

To who?  You?  I would bet a lot that ownership and the front office is thrilled with him.  What fans on a message board thing, 90% of which have negative comments because that’s the just the nature of why people post to online forums, is not of any substance whatsoever to how ownership and the front office view the situation.