Wild Card Weekend - Ravens @ Titans Game Thread

Jonboy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Vrabel has embarrassed himself in this game   For a big tough guy you cannot coach weaker and more afraid 

Lamar is a great RB, stop making fun of him guys

There is no doubt the Ravens are totally stacking on 1st down and we're running right into it.    Malpractice really with this passing game and skill people

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, stormi said:

This just hurts because this game was 100% winnable, and the defense had their best showing of the season. 

To throw the game away on a slip or flag bait from Khalif fucking Raymond is heartbreaking. And AJ was wide open also begging for the ball on a go route that would have unquestionably went to the house.

Defense??

Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

The big issue is the offensive failings today were eerily similar to what happened in the AFCCG last year it looks like Vrabel didn't learn a damn thing from 12 months ago.

Well hopefully he learned this time.

3 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Vrabel had a terrible game today.   The punt on 4th and 2 was inexcusable.  The lack of passing attempts on first down when the plays were likely there is indefensible.  Baltimore is a good team.  Can’t beat good teams without taking advantage of what they’re giving you.  Hopefully he learns from this and doesn’t make the same mistakes next year.

It's a flaw overall, it wasn't some new thing today. They've gotten away with it but I don't think you can win it all coaching this conservatively. 

He'll make the same mistake because it's who he is. 

He's the most conservative HC this Titans team has ever had. 

Poor coaching period.

The calls to throw on 2nd and 2 and then 3rd and 2 were dumb as hell along with the punt.

Henry had just damned near broke a long one, all that was needed was to convert and keep eating clock and drive down and score take the lead the momentum and put Baltimore in a situation that they'd rather not be in.

These dumb fuckers did the exact same fucking thing in the regular season on the final drive against Baltimore and got bailed out on the Tannehill to Davis play on fourth and long.

It was piss poor play calling then and they doubled down on it today and fucked us.

Vrabel is smart when it comes down to certain rulings that can be manipulated in our favor, but that doesn't make him bullet proof to the obvious dumb shit he does.

Jrob needs to get a defensive coordinator in here ASAP.

If Vrabel has issue let him know that the extended unemployment insurance has been approved by congress and let him chose where he'd like to be drawing a paycheck from.

Just now, scine09 said:

Let’s see if he adapts.  He’s not a dumb guy, I’m sure when he goes back and looks at it he’ll see what we saw.

He is who he is. We've seen it for 3 years now across multiple OCs and with bad and good QBs. Right now he's an albatross around this teams neck in an effort to win a super bowl. Him changing is very unlikely.

4 minutes ago, Smokes said:

Poor coaching period.

The calls to throw on 2nd and 2 and then 3rd and 2 were dumb as hell along with the punt.

Henry had just damned near broke a long one, all that was needed was to convert and keep eating clock and drive down and score take the lead the momentum and put Baltimore in a situation that they'd rather not be in.

These dumb fuckers did the exact same fucking thing in the regular season on the final drive against Baltimore and got bailed out on the Tannehill to Davis play on fourth and long.

It was piss poor play calling then and they doubled down on it today and fucked us.

Vrabel is smart when it comes down to certain rulings that can be manipulated in our favor, but that doesn't make him bullet proof to the obvious dumb shit he does.

Jrob needs to get a defensive coordinator in here ASAP.

If Vrabel has issue let him know that the extended unemployment insurance has been approved by congress and let him chose where he'd like to be drawing a paycheck from.

McDonald's maybe???

Part of me wants Bill O’Brien as OC to reduce Vrabel’s influence over the offense, even if it means a scheme and verbiage change. 

I feel like there was a point when they got up by 10 that Vrabel put the shackles on Arthur and its not the first time. 

I'd like to say good game, but I know you don't want to hear that.  You guys still have our number in my opinion.   Lamar never looks like himself against you guys, so I do understand why you think he sucks.  Our defense was finally fully healthy which obviously helped.  AJ Brown is a fucking monster.  That game wasn't on Tannehill.  I still think he should be your starter for the foreseeable future.   Guy is good and when your Oline gets healthy again you'll be alright.  I took my medicine last year when we lost.  So i figured I'd at least come back on here.  You guys are crazy...….but I respect it.

Edited by Ratbird

17 minutes ago, oldschool said:

The game plan was horrible and Vrabel needs to be called out for it. Levy let it slip while calling the game, the goal was to get Henry 30 carries and he played right into the Ravens hands. Despicable. Hopefully others realize what I've been saying all along, Vrabel is too conservative and it will hurt this team at the worst possible moment. He almost blew the Patriots game last year too.

I worry that you have been right.

Vrabel is a tough one to judge. There are times it seems like he has done well changing the culture, however, his predecessors seemed to do the same before falling apart. He generally has been smart on managing games, but then there's the reality that he's a goddamn moron about forcing the run, and he's been a terrible defensive coach everywhere he's gone.

I do worry Vrabel is a very smart football guy who, while a great player, is a terrible pure coach. His ego has been boosted by a quick rise, and his overall philosophy is troubling. Pees was the defense, clearly. Tannehill is a franchise QB and Vrabel walked into a lot of talent on offense. 

Vrabel needs to be a CEO who hires top talent coordinators. My biggest criticism with Munchak was that he had so few contacts, he couldn't get away from forced nepotism. Vrabel relies on nepotism even more. We have a limited window with Tannehill, and I'm not sure Vrabel will look worth a damn when Tannehill is gone.

Edited by cenj

2 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Let’s see if he adapts.  He’s not a dumb guy, I’m sure when he goes back and looks at it he’ll see what we saw.

He already hasn't adapted, the same thing happened against KC last year and they've won lots of games doing this because Henry is so good. It's still terrible game planning. 

He's not dumb, he's stubborn and LOL at you and Jamal trashing guys like Fisher and Mularkey being to run heavy but giving Vrabel a pass. 

• Jonboy unpinned this topic