PFT: Buzz Growing Watson Could Demand Trade

AvgJoe

Has there ever been a player on the level of Watson that was potentially available? I think he would be the best player in NFL history to be on the trade market (considering the position he plays). 

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You just hate to see all this dysfunction at the Texans and Jags. 

The biggest takeaway is that Cal McNair is in fact Tommy Boy.....He's allowed some Jesus Freak manipulator to take over and run everything.  It will come out that McNair and Easterby are probably into

Can only hope they don't trade him and he actually sits out and then they are forced to accept less than they could of got if they traded him before the draft.

Posted Images

Also JJ Watt has a huge price tag next season. It was already up in the air if he was going to return. If they trade Watson, it makes it much easier to do a full reboot and let go Watt as well. Watt is probably the biggest superstar in Houston since Hakeem Olajuwon so it will sting, but if you give up Watson you're doing a full culture change and rebuild plan.

Im guessing Watt would sign with the Packers and close his career there.

13 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Wouldn't stop teams falling all over each other if Watson ever was really available.

Nit saying there are not teams that are dumb enough to do it. I am saying they would be fucking stupid. And even if they were that dumb 4 (kinda 5) firsts would be a special level of stupid.

Texans net Tua and #3, my guess is that they draft Jamarr Chase.

Tagavolia, Chase, Cooks, and probably whatever running back they'd probably draft in the 2nd or 3rd round. 

Edited by titansfan

9 minutes ago, titansfan said:

Also JJ Watt has a huge price tag next season. It was already up in the air if he was going to return. If they trade Watson, it makes it much easier to do a full reboot and let go Watt as well. Watt is probably the biggest superstar in Houston since Hakeem Olajuwon so it will sting, but if you give up Watson you're doing a full culture change and rebuild plan.

Im guessing Watt would sign with the Packers and close his career there.

Watt could sign in Pittsburgh to play with his brothers.

12 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

I’m not so sure. Now is his chance to get away from this terrible team that has no chance of winning for years. He should go all in.

I don't think Watson is the type of guy that would do what is necessary to force his way out of the Texans.

Firstly he would need to stand in front of a camera and completely trash the organization and demand a trade, secondly he would need to sit out all offseason activities including training camp which would incur massive fines and finally he would need to be willing to sit out regular season games.

I just don't see Watson doing any of the above.

Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I don't think Watson is the type of guy that would do what is necessary to force his way out of the Texans.

Firstly he would need to stand in front of a camera and completely trash the organization and demand a trade, secondly he would need to sit out all offseason activities including training camp which would incur massive fines and finally he would need to be willing to sit out regular season games.

I just don't see Watson doing any of the above.

Maybe. I have no idea. But this is his big chance.

He doesn’t need to threaten to hold out. If he is smart he could just say he has no intention to risk his health for a team that disrespected him and has no way to win. He will protect himself and not worry about taking any risks.

1 hour ago, Jonboy said:

I still think this will all blow over by next season. 

Not likely. It didn't start over night. This smell is the symptom of rot beneath. I bet more comes out. 

Watson stuck his neck out for the remaining players that haven't gone AWOL. Now the org pissed on their leader. Now they're going to defend him by shitting all over the org. They will have to clean house like the Jags did. 

5 hours ago, scine09 said:

If I’m Washington I’m trading Chase Young and 2-3 number ones for him.  With the state of the QBs in that division they can become an automatic division winner just by Watson being on the field.  And you know the Texans would want to stick it to the Cowboys at the same time.

LOL There's no way you ever trade Chase Young. That's a cornerstone player. You just don't get rid of elite, elite pass rushers. I'd argue a DL like Young is harder to find than a QB of Watson's caliber. Watson is very good but Young is even better for his position.

3 hours ago, Hyperion said:

LOL There's no way you ever trade Chase Young. That's a cornerstone player. You just don't get rid of elite, elite pass rushers. I'd argue a DL like Young is harder to find than a QB of Watson's caliber. Watson is very good but Young is even better for his position.

Without a QB Washington can have all the Chase Youngs in the world they want, they're still a 7-9 football team.  Watson IMO is one of the top 3 QBs in football.  You can argue that trading an entire draft for him AND a great DL like Chase Young would make sense.  He's that good and that impactful.  Yes, I know the Texans were 4-12 with him.  There were a lot of reasons for that but he kept them in pretty much every game since their week 7 bye week and they had so little talent.

3 hours ago, scine09 said:

Without a QB Washington can have all the Chase Youngs in the world they want, they're still a 7-9 football team.  Watson IMO is one of the top 3 QBs in football.  You can argue that trading an entire draft for him AND a great DL like Chase Young would make sense.  He's that good and that impactful.  Yes, I know the Texans were 4-12 with him.  There were a lot of reasons for that but he kept them in pretty much every game since their week 7 bye week and they had so little talent.

Watson first 4 games were crap and led the Texans to a 0-4 start.....

I like Watson always did... but I think Watson isnt a player that youd throw all your draft picks at.