AvgJoe

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought the OL improved when he went out.  He was not having a good game.

It was his worst game by far. He could not handle Ngakoue's speed move.

They were helping Quessenberry A LOT, as you'd expect. Even moreso than we saw them help Sambrailo and Kelly.    Quessenberry is serviceable if we use him right, but personally I think the b

5 minutes ago, HollyHeap said:

Kelly cannot play LT well on an extended basis but in fairness he also was playing there last year when Pineapple Tebow was in there so that does need to be accounted for,

Despite the coaches being complete morons according to TR, I'm confident that they'll put the best group out there.  Saffold has played LT before albeit he's better at G.

He did give up that notorious sack/fumble of Tannehill to the Jags.

1 hour ago, tgo said:

I mean, I could see him starting yeah, but I'm certainly not counting on it happening. 

If he can't even start this late in the season in as dire of a situation we're in - then Robinson probably had one of the worst offseasons of any Titans GM in recent memory. 

I think it’s safe to say that he has. Nothing from the draft class really and we jettisoned two FA acquisitions midway through the season at areas of need. Depth is a massive issue currently and the kicker situation somehow got worse than last year.

1 minute ago, Mythos27 said:

Put me down for Kelly at LT and Panda at RT. Kelly will do just as well as Ty did and I think Wilson will be a pleasant surprise.

No. I also want to see Panda at RT, but the way Vrabel is speaking about him, I don't see him playing single snap this season. But injuries are pilling up, so we can see him either because of lack of players, or if we are losing big. Either way, he's last on depth chart

Out with the sombrero, in with the Q, and panda’s one snap away.  In the immortal words of Apollo Creed, “Sounds like a got dam monster movie!”  

Hopefully it doesn’t become a real life horror show for Tanne.  

Edited by smokeater

2 hours ago, oldschool said:

100% agree. The talk of moving Saffold to LT is crazy. He not even good in pass protection as an OG. 

It’s not crazy. Saffold was a solid to plus starting LT for 7 years. The question is how injured he is. Just like everybody saying how Kelly can’t play LT....Kelly held up fine at LT last year. The problem is he’s hurt this year.

I’m not saying you, but everybody always wants the unknowns to play. The truth is it will most likely be a debacle of epic proportions to play Ques at LT for a full same next to Brewer. 

I don’t have an answer though. I don’t see how we hold up at this rate. You can’t lose Lewan, Saffold, Ty, and have Kelly injured & hold up for the season. 

I agree with @tgo, the optimal route is Kelly at LT & Wilson at RT. Kelly has been there & done that & Wilson is an elite physical guy who was drafted in the 1strd for a reason. He’s the only 1st rounder who hasn’t played yet. Enough is enough. They’ve babysat him for 7 months now, it’s time to play him.

18 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Put me down for Kelly at LT and Panda at RT. Kelly will do just as well as Ty did and I think Wilson will be a pleasant surprise.

I have a feeling Wilson will be fine. I also don’t think it would kill Vrabel to say something positive about t he kid. We get it, he fucked up. But he’s had a month of practice here, how long are you going to hide him. We’re literally running out of guys here. 

Just now, Face said:

It’s not crazy. Saffold was a solid to plus starting LT for 7 years. The question is how injured he is. Just like everybody saying how Kelly can’t play LT....Kelly held up fine at LT last year. The problem is he’s hurt this year.

I’m not saying you, but everybody always wants the unknowns to play. The truth is it will most likely be a debacle of epic proportions to play Ques at LT for a full same next to Brewer. 

I don’t have an answer though. I don’t see how we hold up at this rate. You can’t lose Lewan, Saffold, Ty, and have Kelly injured & hold up for the season. 

I agree with @tgo, the optimal route is Kelly at LT & Wilson at RT. Kelly has been there & done that & Wilson is an elite physical guy who was drafted in the 1strd for a reason. He’s the only 1st rounder who hasn’t played yet. Enough is enough. They’ve babysat him for 7 months now, it’s time to play him.

Just to clarify, a lot people don't know this, but Saffold has played less than three full seasons at left tackle in terms of games played. He has been a guard exclusively in all but 3 seasons in his long career I'm pretty sure, where he played left tackle and then right tackle due to injuries. He basically switched exclusively to guard in 2013. 

9 minutes ago, tgo said:

Just to clarify, a lot people don't know this, but Saffold has played less than three full seasons at left tackle in terms of games played. He has been a guard exclusively in all but 3 seasons in his long career I'm pretty sure, where he played left tackle and then right tackle due to injuries. He basically switched exclusively to guard in 2013. 

And he was trash at OT. 

I don’t think it’s crazy to talk about moving Saffold to LT. But it isn’t really something that should be considered for now. It’s one of those emergency options. He is a far better LG than LT. And we know Brewer could fill in for him at guard.

Also, I have to wonder if Brewer could play LT in a pinch. I mean, we know he played there in college some. He isn’t going to start there over Q, but if Q went down then I could see them playing Brewer at LT over some guy who isn’t even on the roster today. Either way, the team might need to give him some practice snaps there for emergency options if they haven’t already.

Edited by Starkiller

1 minute ago, Starkiller said:

I don’t think it’s crazy to talk about moving Saffold to LT. But it isn’t really something that should be considered for now. It’s one of those emergency options. He is a far better LG than LT. And we know Brewer could fill in for him at guard.

Also, I have to wonder if Brewer could play LT in a pinch. I mean, we know he played there in college. He isn’t going to start there over Q, but if Q went down then I could see them playing Brewer at LT over some guy who isn’t even on the roster today. 

It's not crazy, just far from optimal. Brewer would be the backup emergency guy at LT for when the emergency guy goes down hah. 7th string. 

Edited by tgo