Carson Wentz could be in trouble

IrishTitansFan

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was hilarious that the Eagles piped in boos when he threw that pick in the redzone. Even when they aren't at the stadium the people of Philadelphia find a way! 

He’s in a Miami/Tanny situation right now!

Apparently only qbs not named Wentz are expected to elevate their team regardless of the talent around them.

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Don't cry for mercy down the road

I'm not sure anyone is saying he is horrible, clearly having a bad go of things with stuff happening around him in Philly, but you could make a clip of some of his own bad throws and bonehead plays as well.

18 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

I'm not sure anyone is saying he is horrible, clearly having a bad go of things with stuff happening around him in Philly, but you could make a clip of some of his own bad throws and bonehead plays as well.

Some people seem to at least be heavily implying he's horrible. Personally, I think he's pretty good but struggling in a bad situation. People behave as though QB is literally all that matters and they can overcome anything. It's bullshit. Scheme, coaching, and surrounding talent matters. We saw it with Tannehill and we're seeing it with Wentz right now.

I think Wentz has one of the worst surrounding talent in the league maybe besides the Jets. They've given him no help at any of the skill posiitons.

This could be a Tannehill type scenario where if you give him an solid running game he'll slowly come into his own again.

Edited by big2033

12 minutes ago, big2033 said:

I think Wentz has one of the worst surrounding talent in the league maybe besides the Jets. They've given him no help at any of the skill posiitons.

This could be a Tannehill type scenario where if you give him an solid running game he'll slowly come into his own. 

Which is the problem. It's like Doug Pederson fell into all the year of the QB hype with Wentz. He should recommit to running the ball and letting Wentz RPO and PA off of that more.

That's one of the things I like about Vrabel and Smith. They know our identity. And they stay committed to it. I feel like Pederson got away from how the Eagles won the SB. They got away from their identity.

On 10/18/2020 at 5:05 PM, OILERMAN said:

No I'm not. 

I'm patiently waiting to laugh at everyone. The Eagles were without their top 6 OL today I saw. Wentz has played very well considering. 

Waiting to laugh at everyone or never bring it up again

And if it comes up....well Mariota was still worse.

Wentz was never as good as some claim.... He also isn't the worst QB in the league. The injuries to his supporting cast are certainly a factor but Wentz has always been erratic and missed wide open WRs going back to his best season. Definitely not elite but clearly better than Mariota to rehash the argument from 3 years ago.

He's average and was put in a perfectly ideal situation so he received much better nurturing than most QBs coming into the league.

So then he became slightly better than average.

His situation isnt so ideal now and he is struggling but the scheme consistency is still there and that helps a ton. Almost zero QBs get the same offense and HC their first 5 years.

So.. he's a now slightly above average QB in a consistent system with worsening surrounding talent. He's still got time to be good especially if he sticks to the same system but there would be zero surprise if he is an afterthought in the next 3-5 years if he disappears if the system changes and or his injury history continues.

This thread was started with the proclamation Wentz could soon be replaced. That’s ridiculous and not close to accurate. 

Imagine a rookie starting in this situation? Pederson laughed at the notion 

On 10/19/2020 at 6:16 AM, OILERMAN said:

The Eagles were without their top 6 OL, their skill people are decimated. No, QBs do not overcome this 

Last year the Eagles had a terrible supporting cast and Wentz took them to the postseason. 

It's not an exact 1:1 comparison, but just look at Tannehill on those terrible Miami teams vs now...

Wentz probably isn’t going to be an elite QB, but at least he has shown he can be a good one.