Carson Wentz could be in trouble

IrishTitansFan

1 hour ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

I honestly think Wentz is just trying to do too much. He’s making some bad throws to less than stellar WRs. The OL is also dismantled. He was sacked 8 times by Washington. I didn’t watch the whole game yesterday but he seemed to be rushing throws and trying to force them into tight windows. 

Maybe it isn't fair of me to say given I haven't watched that game but if nothing else, watching Mariota has taught me that when you hear of a QB being sacked 6-8 times in a single game, he's probably responsible for at least half of those sacks and usually even more.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was hilarious that the Eagles piped in boos when he threw that pick in the redzone. Even when they aren't at the stadium the people of Philadelphia find a way! 

He’s in a Miami/Tanny situation right now!

Apparently only qbs not named Wentz are expected to elevate their team regardless of the talent around them.

Posted Images

People forget that when Wentz had that MVP type year the Eagles had the number 1 rush offense. It’s like they bought into the Wentz hype and tried to turn him into Peyton. They need to commit to running the ball more. Those OL injuries are a killer. He’s not consistent enough.

A couple seasons  ago I would’ve picked Wentz over Goff. I still like Wentz from a ceiling standpoint more; but there’s a case for Goff. Call him system QB but he’s a better, more consistent passer to me.  Wentz is a better playmaker. And Goff unlike Wentz has been very durable. That does factor in for me.

Edited by socaltitan

5 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Maybe it isn't fair of me to say given I haven't watched that game but if nothing else, watching Mariota has taught me that when you hear of a QB being sacked 6-8 times in a single game, he's probably responsible for at least half of those sacks and usually even more.

Wentz literally scrambled into about half of those sacks. Not even him getting chased from behind.

4 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

People forget that when Wentz had that MVP type year the Eagles had the number 1 rush offense. It’s like they bought into the Wentz hype and tried to turn him into Peyton. They need to commit to running the bell more. Those OL injuries are a killer. He’s not consistent enough.

A couple seasons  ago I would’ve picked Wentz over Goff. I still like Wentz from a ceiling standpoint more; but there’s a case for Goff. Call him system QB but he’s a better, more consistent passer to me.  Wentz is a better playmaker. And Goff unlike Wentz has been very durable. That does factor in for me.

These guys are both REALLY flawed.  I'd take Wentz.  Only because Goff looks really off if the called play/McVay script gets covered and he has to scan the field and read the defense.  I noticed this on SNF (well Oilerman pointed this out a long time ago, so I'll give him credit) during a bad offensive series in the 3rd q for the Rams.

39 minutes ago, rns90 said:

These guys are both REALLY flawed.  I'd take Wentz.  Only because Goff looks really off if the called play/McVay script gets covered and he has to scan the field and read the defense.  I noticed this on SNF (well Oilerman pointed this out a long time ago, so I'll give him credit) during a bad offensive series in the 3rd q for the Rams.

I’d take Wentz at his best over Goff at his best, I do think Goff plays more consistently. Wentz makes more head scratching plays and has been less durable.

2 hours ago, socaltitan said:

Wentz literally scrambled into about half of those sacks. Not even him getting chased from behind.

2 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

There go. Who said suffering through an endless parade of bad QBs was without it's benefits!

Im not disagreeing that he isn't somewhat responsible. I just don't think he is broken like some are trying to make it sound. He's always missed throws here and there. The Eagles aren't nearly as good as they were a few years ago. At this point he is still the guy in Philly and a few bad games won't change that. 

The interesting thing is the Eagles shitty cap space. They might see Hurts as an opportunity to get a cheap QB contract. 

Very interesting set of circumstances here. From a psychological standpoint it's gotta be weird having a breakout MVP season, then getting a terrible injury late in the year and then watch the backup win the Super Bowl. Undoubtedly there is a mental block due to the injury and fear of injury. That alone will make every other part of your game suffer. I also don't think the Eagles have good weapons around him but as mentioned he seems to run into pressure.

On 9/21/2020 at 10:59 AM, Thrill said:

Wentz was an animal his first two years. Wonder why he’s fallen so hard? The running game and receivers aren’t what they used to be and I think he may have taken one too many hits back there. Losing Defillipo and Reich certainly haven’t helped him either.

Hurt too often is the first thing that comes to my mind.  He's probably not even thinking about if, only when.

21 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Im not disagreeing that he isn't somewhat responsible. I just don't think he is broken like some are trying to make it sound. He's always missed throws here and there. The Eagles aren't nearly as good as they were a few years ago. At this point he is still the guy in Philly and a few bad games won't change that. 

The interesting thing is the Eagles shitty cap space. They might see Hurts as an opportunity to get a cheap QB contract. 

I think the Eagles biggest mistake was getting away from what got them to a SB. They started to try to turn Wentz into Peyton Manning. It's like they bought into all the MVP hype. But Wentz needs a running game. When they won the SB, they dominated the trenches. They miss having a guy like Blount who they could run downhill with power. And let Wentz PA off of that. 

Wentz has that young Big Ben quality of constantly looking for the home run play way too often. He will constantly try to extend plays, but he's not Russell Wilson. He's certainly not as good as young Big Ben was. It's like he's trying way too hard. I don't know if its insecurity about Foles (and now Hurts) or what

What concerns me about Wentz is he doesn't seem like a leader. I heard Sal Pal say that Wentz will often be on the end of the bench by himself. His teammates don't seem to embrace him. The city of PHI doesn't seem to embrace him either. Even when he had that MVP caliber season, it still didn't really feel like had the city and team in his hands.

24 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Hey @EagleEye.  Looks like the Eagles might be your next stop.  Their fans are much nicer than us.  You'll love it there.

Remember when during pre game warmups Eagles fans were taunting Joe Jurevicius over the death of his newborn child?