Around the NFL Week 2

Jonboy

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bud, your avatar speaks plenty for how you feel about other's thoughts that differ from your own.    Maybe you have time in your life to learn to allow others to believe what they believe, a

Pro just body slammed Bud from the top rope!

let the bodies hit the floor...

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, OilerTitanHybrid said:

Grass field in a dome is pretty cool.

Amazing how innovation  has changed as Astroturf was actually invented because they couldn’t grow grass in the astrodome in the 60s

Edited by BudAdams

47 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

Yeah Saints are in trouble. I feel like they would've crushed this Raiders team a year or two ago. The window with Brees appears to be closing fast. Those crushing playoff losses (MIN 2x, LAR) the past few seasons are going to haunt them for a long, long time. Those were their best chances, especially 2018.

The window with Brees has closed. Don’t be shocked if he has an ‘injury’ and they go with Winston or Hill.

3 minutes ago, OilerTitanHybrid said:

I had seen before how they have rolled out lights to hover above the turf to help grow the grass, but I'm not sure if they are using that technique in Vegas or not.

The whole field is on a massive tray that they roll in for games and out to receive natural sun light to grow.

Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

The whole field is on a massive tray that they roll in for games and out to receive natural sun light to grow.

Yeah, was just reading about how they do it on wiki.  The college team plays on the artificial turf...

The stadium has a roll-in natural bermuda grass field similar to the one at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona.[71] While the Raiders play on the grass field, UNLV prefers to play on an artificial turf surface. The artificial turf is placed directly on the stadium's concrete floor, and the tray holding the grass field is designed so that it can roll in and out without disrupting the turf underneath it.

12 minutes ago, japan said:

The window with Brees has closed. Don’t be shocked if he has an ‘injury’ and they go with Winston or Hill.

He is one of the most overrated QB's ever. Does he even belong in the top 10 QB's in NFL history? If he is, just barely.

I know everyone today is so impressed with the big numbers and they can't differentiate between fantasy football and the actual game on the field.

But I refuse to put Brees up there with the likes of Brady, Unitas, Montana, Elway, Marino, Graham, Staubach, Starr, or even Terry Bradshaw.

Just now, Oiler FANatic said:

He is one of the most overrated QB's ever. Does he even belong in the top 10 QB's in NFL history? If he is, just barely.

I know everyone today is so impressed with the big numbers and they can't differentiate between fantasy football and the actual game on the field.

But I refuse to put Brees up there with the likes of Brady, Unitas, Montana, Elway, Marino, Graham, Staubach, Starr, or even Terry Bradshaw.

Totally agree. The volume stats are all nice and everything but when you pass the ball as much as their offense does, even to the detriment of winning, it’s somewhat  hollow.  I had the same problem with Warren Moon to be honest. He never would’ve sniffed the Hall of Fame if it wasn’t for the run and shoot offense Years allowing him to compile gaudy numbers