tgo

Titans All In on Clowney (Update: Russini Expects him to Sign with Titans)

Yea, get the fuck out lying POS.  I actually stated, in all my posts sacks weren't everything asshole.  Reading comprehension?

You are a joke and an asshole.  And what position does George Clooney play moron.

31 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Yea, get the fuck out lying POS.  I actually stated, in all my posts sacks weren't everything asshole.  Reading comprehension?

You are a joke and an asshole.  And what position does George Clooney play moron.

angry jeremy piven GIF

As much as I hate soxcat there is noway in the world I would pay clowney anything near 20mil. Im not sure i would want him for 20 over 2 years.

You'll probably get burned if you sign Clowney but when he's on he's a force

I heard Vrabel on 104.5 yesterday during the tornado relief radiothon. He emphasized that J Rob and himself would be interested in players in FA that are known commodities by the two of them. I took that to mean that players like Clowney, Reader, and Brady are definitely on their radar.  

On 3/4/2020 at 7:15 PM, abc2330 said:

Clowney worries me as someone who will quit after he's paid.  He appeared to be half-assing during his Junior year at SC, and he never lived up to his billing as a generational talent in the NFL. He doesn't seem like a highly competitive individual, just an exceptionally gifted one .

You’d have to assume that Vrabel knows him better than anyone. 

18 hours ago, rns90 said:

I think it might be worth it to sign Clowney just to see soxcat implode again and again.

Wasting your key strokes on that one.

12 hours ago, Callidus said:

As much as I hate soxcat there is noway in the world I would pay clowney anything near 20mil. Im not sure i would want him for 20 over 2 years.

Clowney does so many things that dont show up on the stat sheet it's crazy. 20M is a lot bit when you ignore edge rusher in the draft you usually have to overspend in FA

On 3/4/2020 at 2:37 PM, SleepingTitan said:

This motherfucker literally just said almost getting a sack is more important than getting a sack. 

Eh... idk. Would it be ideal to get a sack on every pressure/hurry? Of course, but in what universe does that happen?

Sacks are like the cherry on top of a sundae. It's nice to get one, but if you don't get pressure consistently on the QB all you have is a bowl with a cherry in it. Nothing against cherries, I love em, but you'd need a whole lot of em to fill up the bowl.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

13 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Eh... idk. Would it be ideal to get a sack on every pressure/hurry? Of course, but in what universe does that happen?

Sacks are like the cherry on top of a sundae. It's nice to get one, but if you don't get pressure consistently on the QB all you have is a bowl with a cherry in it. Nothing against cherries, I love em, but you'd need a whole lot of em to fill up the bowl.

Does this argument need to be all or nothing?  How about a guy who consistently gets pressure which translates to having a few years of double digit sacks?

And maybe never having a full year of less than 5 sacks.  After all doesn't it make sense if you are a stud getting constant pressure you would actually get your hands on the QB and get sacks?

It is interesting that Vrabel CONSTANTLEY bring this up.  How we got pressure but we need to FINISH.  Is Vrable just a dumbass?

I thought just getting close and getting a good PFF score was the objective.  Not really sacking QBs?

Here is a good article by a Seahawks writer who makes a case for not resigning Clowney.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/818462/moore-seahawks-need-sacks-clowney-not-the-answer/

2 hours ago, oldschool said:

Clowney does so many things that dont show up on the stat sheet it's crazy. 20M is a lot bit when you ignore edge rusher in the draft you usually have to overspend in FA

I agree. He isnt trash, but he has so many problems. He is great against the run and gets pressure even if he dosn't get sacks. On the other hand he is hurt all the time and I wouldn't trust him in coverage for a second.

He is best used as a 4-3 end or in a 3-4 where he is almost never asked to cover. We are the exact opposite of that other than using him as a 4-3 weak side olb. He just does not fit.

Good edge players are always going to get overpaid because supply and demand dictates it. It’s just a question of by how much and who is willing to do it.

Some teams will be willing to take a chance on Clowney because of his upside. I really wouldn’t discount the idea that the Titans would be one of those teams. 

Edited by Starkiller

6 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Of course I never said what whatever his name made up.  All I did was point out that simply looking at his sacks total to determine his market value/worth was stupid and it is.  Clowney is a disruptive all around player.  His isssue is durability but when he's on the field he's very good.  He'll get a huge contract because NFL people understand this.

I'd also add that if he were to come to the Titans, their front 7 would arguably be among the best in the NFL personnel wise.  Maybe he'd get 6 sacks but Landry might get 12 because of it.