The Never-ending Saga of Jadeveon Clowney

tgo

23 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Good edge players are always going to get overpaid because supply and demand dictates it. It’s just a question of by how much and who is willing to do it.

Some teams will be willing to take a chance on Clowney because of his upside. I really wouldn’t discount the idea that the Titans would be one of those teams. 

Price gauging, basically...right, Keynes?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Take this for what it’s worth, when i broke the Lewan suspension hours and hours before any media members did - the same guy who slipped that to me just texted me and said that Clowney has already agr

Jurrell Casey died for this.

Posted Images

I hope we don't pay a fortune for an edge guy to almost get a sack. We have plenty of that talent for 1/3 the money already on the team. 

I doubt we're looking for edge guys who are known for run support. With that being said, perhaps Vrabel can coach him up to his full potential. 

21 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

I hope we don't pay a fortune for an edge guy to almost get a sack. We have plenty of that talent for 1/3 the money already on the team. 

I doubt we're looking for edge guys who are known for run support. With that being said, perhaps Vrabel can coach him up to his full potential. 

I'm not really a big fan of giving Clowney a huge contract, but i do have to admit I’d love to see a nickel down 4-man line of Clowney, Simmons, Casey, and Landry...

And Clowney hasn’t racked up a ton of sacks, but that doesn’t change the fact that he is a good (not necessarily great) pass rusher.

Edited by Starkiller

It's clear you didn't watch any Seattle games or you just want to lie to avoid looking dumb (hint - lying is the least of your problems on that front).  The team has zero interest in bringing back Ansah.  As for Clowney,

Jadeveon Clowney and the Seattle Seahawks came up short during Sunday's playoff loss to the Green Bay Packers, but head coach Pete Carroll wants to run it back.

"He's a terrific football player and had a big impact on us," Carroll said of the pass-rusher, per Joe Fann of NBC Sports Northwest. "We'd love to have him back."

Gregg Bell of the News Tribune noted Carroll said bringing back Clowney would be a priority for the team.

Clowney was their best defensive player last year.  Period.  Even over Wagner, who will be a HOF MLB.   PFF agreed.

Speaking of PFF, it's as true today as it was the other day that Clowney would have been the highest rated player on the Titans.  He was 11th overall and Byard was the highest rated Titan at 54.  Wake didn't qualify as he had only 195 snaps...... :(

Same guy yesterday....

DE Ziggy Ansah

I can say with confidence that Ansah has played his last snap for the Seahawks. This was a prove-it deal gone terribly wrong. It’s not like Seattle invested huge money in Ansah, but the team still expected for him to be a much bigger factor in an overall underwhelming pass rush. Ansah posted just 2.5 sacks in 12 games (playoffs included) and struggled to stay healthy for most of the season.

https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/seattle-seahawks/forecasting-which-seattle-seahawks-free-agents-are-likely-be-back-2020

Try to contain your ignorance to the Titans only.  Leave other teams like Seattle out of it.

23 hours ago, Starkiller said:

I'm not really a big fan of giving Clowney a huge contract, but i do have to admit I’d love to see a nickel down 4-man line of Clowney, Simmons, Casey, and Landry...

And Clowney hasn’t racked up a ton of sacks, but that doesn’t change the fact that he is a good (not necessarily great) pass rusher.

That's my thought as well, but I know Clowney is going for a payday. He doesn't give a fuck if his team wins or not. Looks like a lot of the Texans players are having this mindset. They drafted talent not character. Kinda gotta have both. (And I'm not saying he's a bad dude.) 

Joseph wants out now too. 

FWIW Clowney said he would only go to a team that could win.  Now, maybe that's all BS but he did nix the trade to Miami and forced the Seattle deal.

“I just want to win,” he said after the game, per ESPN. “I’m trying to get to the Super Bowl by any means. That’s what I’m looking for: Who’s going to get me there? I ain’t looking to get on no sorry team. ... That ain’t going to fly. I ain’t gonna put my body through all of that just to lose no 16 games, go home with my check. I’d hate that, so that ain’t what I’m doing. So if I can’t win no Super Bowl, I ain’t going to no team that can’t win.”

35 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

FWIW Clowney said he would only go to a team that could win.  Now, maybe that's all BS but he did nix the trade to Miami and forced the Seattle deal.

Also, when the Titans sign a big money free agent they generally like to sign one that they have a good degree of familiarity with (coaching staff, FO).  The only guy that was an outlier was Saffold.  And Clowney has tons of connections with/to the Titans staff and FO. And Vrabel has mentioned this already.

• TitansGuru changed the title to The Never-ending Saga of Jadeveon Clowney
  • Jonboy locked this topic