Jonboy

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the guy I'd be terrified to pay big money too 

Also just announced in conjunction with the likely Dak franchise tag: Cowboys likely to miss postseason again next year.

The offer was up to $35 million.  If he goes out and has a good year he’s looking at, what, $40 million per year tops.  On the other hand if he struggles this year (which is entirely possible since he

17 minutes ago, rns90 said:

It’d be the smart thing to franchise him and see if he can replicate his success and to see how he does in McCarthy’s offense.

Lol you franchise Dak and make him duplicate his success, but your one of the ones on a witch hunt about making Tannehill duplicate his success.

A second franchise tag costs an additional 20%.  So a team would go from 27M in 2020 to over 32M in 2021 and you still wouldn't have a long term deal.

In addition the 27M tag would be the cap hit which could be substantially more than the 1st year cap hit under a long-term deal.

Prescott's value and the QB market are discussed here:  https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-how-dak-prescott-fits-into-qb-market-franchise-tag-price-and-what-rejected-30m-offer-could-look-like/

12 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

I'd feel better about paying Dak than Wentz or Goff. He isn't a great QB but he's easily good enough to win with and he's coming off a great year

Better than Wentz? Maybe. Better than Goff? Eh, he managed to get them to the Super Bowl. Or at least managed to stay out of the way on the trip there.

I wouldn't feel good about paying any of them though.

1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Better than Wentz? Maybe. Better than Goff? Eh, he managed to get them to the Super Bowl. Or at least managed to stay out of the way on the trip there.

I wouldn't feel good about paying any of them though.

Wentz gets injured way too often and I didn't think he played particularly well this year and he wasn't great in 2018. Goff was pretty bad this year too. Prescott had obviously the best year of the three. I don't think any are top 10 but you kind of have to pay them in all three cases