Titans Must Extend or Franchise Tag Jack Conklin

tgo

1 hour ago, Soxcat said:

Not sure what the problem is here but the argument was if the Cowboys should pay DAK $30 mil. 

Now the difference with Tannehill is he is playing in the AFC Championship game which is meaningful.  If he has a good game and we go on to the SB it has more meaning.

I said Tannehill is probably in the $25 mil range in value but his market value could be $30.  It only takes one team willing to pay that.

So, if some team wants to pay DAK $30 does that mean Dallas just gives it to him?  That was the point.

We shouldn't franchise Henry or Conklin but save the tag for Tannehill if needed.  If it comes down to that he can have another year to prove he is worth Aaron Rodgers money.

The hope is that it doesn't come down to that.

With no CBA in place you cannot use both tags in 2020 either.........TN is in a tough spot.  

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Must be retained.   

I wonder why.

Tagging him would be foolish.  They would have to pay him like a top 5 left tackle.

1 hour ago, Soxcat said:

Not sure what the problem is here but the argument was if the Cowboys should pay DAK $30 mil. 

Now the difference with Tannehill is he is playing in the AFC Championship game which is meaningful.  If he has a good game and we go on to the SB it has more meaning.

I said Tannehill is probably in the $25 mil range in value but his market value could be $30.  It only takes one team willing to pay that.

So, if some team wants to pay DAK $30 does that mean Dallas just gives it to him?  That was the point.

We shouldn't franchise Henry or Conklin but save the tag for Tannehill if needed.  If it comes down to that he can have another year to prove he is worth Aaron Rodgers money.

The hope is that it doesn't come down to that.

Here is the problem.  Dak is a two time division winner, 2 time Pro Bowler and Offensive rookie of the year and you didn’t think he deserved $30 M a year.  You believed he should need another year to prove his worth.  Tannehill,  in twice the time to prove himself, has never won a division nor been to a Pro Bowl.  He has the same number of playoff wins as Blake Bortles.  And in those 2 wins, he has average 75 yds passing per game.  Yet to you, Dak could be easily replaced by Keenan or Sudfield and you would risk losing him because in your eyes he is not uniquely good.

In the few games that Tannehill has played for us, forgetting his past nothing accomplishments, he deserves $30M?   No need for another or full year to prove himself.   I can’t figure out what made him so uniquely good in 11 games vs the previous 96.  I don’t see the logic but you know, it doesn’t matter.  Let’s just get this W.  

Edited by Righteous

2 minutes ago, cenj said:

Tannehill is no idiot. He knows his value and he'll make sure to get paid, if not here then somewhere else. His stats in the last two playoffs games won't matter because both he and the Titans brass know his value to the offense.

He won’t get $30 million. 

You guys are all talking APY.  The cap number will be lower at least for the first couple of years.  Wilson's contract with Seattle (35 M per year) is well documented but his cap numbers were 26 M for 2019, 31 M for 2020, and 32 M for 2021.

This will be a typical structure IMO with a good SB and a low base salary/cap number for 2020.  He's not getting a Cousins 100% fully guaranteed contract IMO

8 hours ago, japan said:

If anything these playoff game plans with Tannehill not being asked to do much will help in the negotiations. He won’t get $30 million. 

8 hours ago, cenj said:

Tannehill is no idiot. He knows his value and he'll make sure to get paid, if not here then somewhere else. His stats in the last two playoffs games won't matter because both he and the Titans brass know his value to the offense.

8 hours ago, japan said:

He won’t get $30 million. 

I bet he gets at least 30 mill. 

3 hours ago, Soxcat said:

Well first of all I didn't say Tannenhill was worth $30 mil but his market value might be that high.  Or is reading comprehension difficult for you.  And yes, I have a problem with DAK, who also has a great RB to support him, and his seemingly inability to win a big game.  So it might be interesting to see what he is offered if he makes it to FA.  But your problem seems to be not recognizing their worth isn't something to get bent out of shape over since the market will let us know.  What you and I think doesn't matter.   

Perhaps your reasoning or deductioning skills are not that great.  If Goff and Wentz (who hadn’t won a division or playoff game) value was over $30M, why wouldn’t that be the determined market for Dak???   We both know your reasoning (which is illogical and without basis) so no need to respond.  Let’s go Titans!!!

Edited by Righteous

I have said it before, Tannehill will make sure Henry gets paid and take less to make sure it happens. Maybe Conklin now too.

You turds think money is the be all end all. Wrong. Being on a team that could have a 3-4 yr run by keeping key places intact is more important to some. Tannehill isn't some me first guy. Plus he has already made $70 million.

On 12/30/2019 at 11:41 AM, abenjami said:

Tagging him would be foolish.  They would have to pay him like a top 5 left tackle.

If they win it all they may have to franchise tag Tannehill and transition Henry. They both will command big money. I think that would pay Tannehill $25 mil and Henry about $12 mil. We need both guys. Keeping Ryan and Conklin will be harder.

Edited by freakingeek

2 hours ago, freakingeek said:

If they win it all they may have to franchise tag Tannehill and transition Henry. They both will command big money. I think that would pay Tannehill $25 mil and Henry about $12 mil. We need both guys. Keeping Ryan and Conklin will be harder.

Sure, that's a likely scenario.  But I was talking about Conklin.  You can't pay him LT money.

4 hours ago, LongTimeFan said:

I have said it before, Tannehill will make sure Henry gets paid and take less to make sure it happens. Maybe Conklin now too.

You turds think money is the be all end all. Wrong. Being on a team that could have a 3-4 yr run by keeping key places intact is more important to some. Tannehill isn't some me first guy. Plus he has already made $70 million.

His agent does the negotiating. He won’t accept anything other than premium money. Our leverage will be inside of getting an extra year that isn’t guaranteed with the chance to possibly renegotiate if we start going on multiple runs.