2020 & Beyond

code

Ten likely starters this season are playing in their final contract years.  Gonna make for an interesting season and off-season.

Hoping we get 'final year bounce' from many. 

Under contract in 2020: (31)

Logan Woodside

Dion Lewis

Delanie Walker,Jonnu Smith

Adam Humphries, Corey Davis, Taywan Taylor, AJ Brown, Kalif Raymond

Taylor Lewan, Roger Saffold, Nate Davis

Daquan Jones, Matt Dickerson, Cam Wake

Jurrell Casey, Jeffrey Simmons

Harold Landry, Sharif Finch, David Long, Derick Roberson, DeAndre Walker

Rashaun Evans, Jason Brown

Malcolm Butler, Adoree Jackson

Kevin Byard, Kenny Vacarro, Dane Cruikshank, Amani Hooker

Ryan Succop

Key Free Agents (decisions)

Mariota, Tannehill

Henry

Conklin, Kelly, Pamphile, Jones

Johnson, Urban

Woodyard

Ryan

Kern, Brinkley

I think the more successful Henry is the less likely we'll bring him back, especially if/when he starts going that Zeke/Gordon route of expecting more than he's worth. It's weird, but if they think they can find a back in the draft/free agency/via trade they'd probably rather do that.

1 hour ago, Justafan said:

If they have to blow it all up, it's a great year to do it.  I wonder how intentional it was to structure the contracts that way.  

Blow it all up? They won't have to do that, Robinson has improved the core talent of the roster

People overvalue the secondary pieces 

53 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Blow it all up? They won't have to do that, Robinson has improved the core talent of the roster

This dude just says shit to rile people up. 

It’s going to be an interesting offseason for sure. Besides QB obviously it’ll be interesting to see what happens with Henry if he goes off. Coming from the Pats I can’t see Robinson paying a back big money but the kids a freak of nature & possiby the best pure runner in the league when going well.

What do you think they do with Ryan? PFF rated Hooker as the 2nd best slot corner since they started doing college. Only .1 behind Minkah Fitzpatrick. Even though he was listed as a safety he was basically a slot corner. I like Ryan a lot but the price for FA corners is just nuts now.

The Titans should have enough cap space to re-sign their own vets that they want to keep.  They still have a few guys they can cut next spring to add to the total if they have to.

If there is going to be a roster problem, it could be at the bottom of the roster.  They have a lot of free agents next spring and roster depth could be affected.  We'll know more in a few weeks after camp cuts when we can get an exact number for 2020 FAs.

5 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

What I was referring to, is that if they want to build around a new QB, they'll have the flexibility to do so.  Perhaps I worded it poorly.  If so, my bad.  

4 hours ago, ctm said:

They still have a few guys they can cut next spring to add to the total if they have to.

Hard to see JRob keeping Dion Lewis and DaQuan Jones in 2020 on their current projected salaries, even guys like Delanie Walker and Cameron Wake are potential cap casualties after this season depending on how they perform.