Well this isn’t good(Iran)

IsntLifeFunny

15 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

And if Trump decides his only chance at a win in 2020 is to be a successful wartime president?

I don't see how that would help him that much. He doesn't want war. He wants to talk tough. 

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So much winning lol. Hes destroying 50 years of American Diplomacy and all your pea brain can say is but Obama/lock her up! You are exactly what's wrong with this country.

I still directly blame Trump for all of this if we go to war. He never should have gotten out of the agreement. 

Iran was not violating the conditions of the agreement. Trump simply withdrew us from the agreement for political reasons. 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

He wants to win an election...

Yeah but I don't think starting a war wins the election. He's also banking on Putin's help again to win the election. I don't think war with Iran gets him that.

Talking/looking tough though might be beneficial. 

This seems to scream Pompeo and Bolton to me. Trump is all about perception, not action.

Trump has been pretty quiet on it... or I just haven't heard what he's said bc i tuned him out ages ago....

Edited by reo

12 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

He wants to win an election...

Look at it this way...

To me this feels very similar to the Bush/Cheney justifications for going into Iraq. It's very old guard. Find a reason even if you have to fudge some things. Then use that as justification. That's why I say it feels like Pompeo and Bolton. They're sort of old guard warmongers especially Bolton.

Trump doesn't do that. If he wanted war with Iran he'd spend weeks building a perception that they're bad with endless tweets and surrogates on Fox and other shows to build that perception. He wouldn't bother finding some reason to do it. He'd just lie about it endlessly and then just do it.

That doesn't seem to be happening yet. Things could change but it's not happening atm at least not to the degree that it would be happening. 

That's why I say it feels like Pompeo and Bolton. Combine that with Trump being a talker, not a doer and that (I believe) Russia is an ally with Iran and it doesn't seem like Trump is looking for war just yet. I think Pompeo and Bolton are.

On 6/14/2019 at 5:37 AM, ctm said:

You'd think the US would have satellite imagery that shows what happened unless someone clandestinely placed mines in the area.

They are saying the Iran Revolutionary Guard was videoed removing a limpet bomb from the damaged ship after it was discovered by the ship's crew, at which point they abandoned ship. Then the IRG showed up in a boat and removed the magnetic explosive. There are also reports from the shipping company that owned the ship that say that it was a flying object that struck the ship and caused the explosion. With all the tensions between countries in the middle east,  it could very well be enemy nations trying to make their adversaries look bad and suffer consequences from their allies. I haven't seen anything published that would make me definitively say it had to be Iran. I think if anything, it's likely Trump trying to shore up his declining performance ratings right before the next election.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/14/world/middleeast/oil-tanker-attack-gulf-oman.html

https://www.thedailybeast.com/us-navy-releases-video-of-iran-removing-unexploded-bomb-from-oil-tanker

1 hour ago, freakingeek said:

They are saying the Iran Revolutionary Guard was videoed removing a limpet bomb from the damaged ship after it was discovered by the ship's crew, at which point they abandoned ship. Then the IRG showed up in a boat and removed the magnetic explosive. There are also reports from the shipping company that owned the ship that say that it was a flying object that struck the ship and caused the explosion. With all the tensions between countries in the middle east,  it could very well be enemy nations trying to make their adversaries look bad and suffer consequences from their allies. I haven't seen anything published that would make me definitively say it had to be Iran. I think if anything, it's likely Trump trying to shore up his declining performance ratings right before the next election.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/14/world/middleeast/oil-tanker-attack-gulf-oman.html

https://www.thedailybeast.com/us-navy-releases-video-of-iran-removing-unexploded-bomb-from-oil-tanker

I don't think that type of deception is his style. He's more of a blatant liar that believes if you say something often enough and loud enough that people will believe it.

4 hours ago, TennesseeTuxedo said:

The poor flakes think that Trump is going to do the same things that past president, who were under the influence of the alphabet agencies and beholden to the military complex, did when they were in office.

Past presidents would have invaded Iran and make it their next Iraq, by now.

Trump is busy re-watching last weeks fox and friends.  We should get a response next week after his aids bug him enough.

18 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I wouldn’t think so either, but if you read the account of the captain, he was pretty adamant about it. He said directly he thought the US was wrong and that he and his crew saw something flying in the air. If it was a mine it was a sticky mine (for lack of better vernacular). Which is quite possible. The Iranians have been known to do this. I still don’t see how our intelligence was immediately blaming the Iranian Government for it without even so much as inspecting it. 

260723B3-BAF8-4777-AC4D-D04980ADD583.jpeg

If that is a missile or a mine, then it is a really small one. From here that looks like damage from a projectile to me. It needs towed in and damage inspected. That will tell everyone what they need to know. 

On 6/13/2019 at 11:08 PM, oldschool said:

It doesnt make sense. Iran has everything to lose. Has to be a rogue element right?

Yeah.  Iran is a peaceful humanitarian country.  Such a shame that bad few apples have to ruin it for them.

11 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Iran shot down an American drone. Both sides disagree on whether it was in international airspace or had entered Iranian airspace. 

Regardless, this is a major escalation deserving of a US response, measured of course. I imagine the offending missile launch site will be gone in the next few days at a minimum. This was a 130M drone that posed no risk to them and they know it. Iran is seeing how far they can push us before we respond and they are about to get their answer. One more act of provocation by Iran will likely result in a significant retaliatory strike by US forces.