Titans 2019 OTAs

Jonboy

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some good little bits of information on the offseason program so far on today's OTP   - Amani Hooker is already taking reps with the 1st team defense and not looking out of place doing so.

This entire offseason and every thread is going to be a referendum on Mariota isn't it?

Lol.    Everyone knows if it was the opposite happening, you’d be grilling Mariota for not playing as fast. 

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Huston said:

If they hadn't signed Stafford I could see them bring him back but that would be a awful lot of money tied up in the offensive line and you still may need to replace Jone next year as well as all of the other free agents at the end of this year.

If they don’t re-sign Conklin they they still need to spend big resources on a new starting RT, be it money or a high draft pick.

Jones could be replaced by Levin potentially. And plenty of those other free agents are very replaceable. 

2 hours ago, Huston said:

I agree people forget how good he was before the injury, there was talk of letting Lewan walk an moving him left tackle even on this board.

People forget how well he was playing before the injury. Guy was killing it. 

10 minutes ago, japan said:

People forget how well he was playing before the injury. Guy was killing it. 

Even if the scheme helped him early in his career he was way better before the injury. 

Assuming he fully recovers he could return to that form. 

4 hours ago, Huston said:

I agree people forget how good he was before the injury, there was talk of letting Lewan walk an moving him left tackle even on this board.

No there wasnt. Pure homer nonsense. Conklin graded as a RT only during the draft process for a reason.

51 minutes ago, oldschool said:

No there wasnt. Pure homer nonsense. Conklin graded as a RT only during the draft process for a reason.

Yes there was I didn't agree with it at all but it was discussed in here.

Edited by Huston

The middle / right side of the Oline is still a huge question mark. .. the biggest on the team. That area and exploiting it was the focus of every defense we played against. As of now, we are hoping that people heal, a "meh" rookie becomes a starter, and/or competition we had last season gets better.. 

teams will continue to overload that side and force Mariota left until we have an answer for it. 

You guys realize Conklin just had a simple ACL tear, in a January wildcard game, and we’re still dealing with this two seasons later. Our 1st rd pick tore his ACL in February a year later & it’s considered a nothing deal.

Conklin went from an elite, no doubt about it building block to talking about compensation picks. I don’t want to hear that ACL’s are no big deal anymore. There still very tricky.

11 minutes ago, Face said:

You guys realize Conklin just had a simple ACL tear, in a January wildcard game, and we’re still dealing with this two seasons later. Our 1st rd pick tore his ACL in February a year later & it’s considered a nothing deal.

Conklin went from an elite, no doubt about it building block to talking about compensation picks. I don’t want to hear that ACL’s are no big deal anymore. There still very tricky.

Vrabel is so secretive on injuries we don’t know all the details

12 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Vrabel is so secretive on injuries we don’t know all the details

Very true. Speaking of, what the hell is going on with Jonnu Smith? Dude had a torn MCL 7 months ago & still can’t get on the field? It’s a 6 week injury. Then there was that article that “in error” wrote that it was an ACL. 

Im only half kidding but it wouldn’t surprise me if the team gets in trouble in the next few years for lying about injuries. These guys are honestly paranoid, maybe moreso then Belichick. I’ve never heard of a team that hid the names of the guys they were interviewing for a coordinator position. It’s like the Gestapo.

20 minutes ago, Face said:

Very true. Speaking of, what the hell is going on with Jonnu Smith? Dude had a torn MCL 7 months ago & still can’t get on the field? It’s a 6 week injury. Then there was that article that “in error” wrote that it was an ACL. 

Im only half kidding but it wouldn’t surprise me if the team gets in trouble in the next few years for lying about injuries. These guys are honestly paranoid, maybe moreso then Belichick. I’ve never heard of a team that hid the names of the guys they were interviewing for a coordinator position. It’s like the Gestapo.

As long as the team improves and keeps winning, that will be in the back of people’s minds. But once the ship becomes unsettled, people will start questioning it. 

Ive also been curious about Jonnu and what’s going on with him. 

It is very strange that they are so secretive about injuries. 

The secrecy surrounding injuries is a huge pet peeve of min. During the season, I get it, you want the opposing team game-planning for everything but off-season? C'mon man. I know they don't OWE us anything but it'd be nice to know what to expect.

13 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

The secrecy surrounding injuries is a huge pet peeve of min. During the season, I get it, you want the opposing team game-planning for everything but off-season? C'mon man. I know they don't OWE us anything but it'd be nice to know what to expect.

Hey Touched The Tard, you can expect for two more blue horseshoes to be crammed nice and tight. Other than that, the only thing for certain is........Well, take a peek in the mirror.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic